Oasis July 23-30th Trip Report or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Boat

You should try Alaska. We did Celebrity and it was top notch. A little more expensive (we did the 12 day land and sea) but it was well worth it. I would never do Alaska without going up to Denali for a little bit. We also did the land first and then relaxed on the cruise from Seward to Vancover.

We just got done doing the Freedom this year, after reading your review, we may go do the Allure or Oasis next year.

You should try Alaska. We did Celebrity and it was top notch. A little more expensive (we did the 12 day land and sea) but it was well worth it. I would never do Alaska without going up to Denali for a little bit. We also did the land first and then relaxed on the cruise from Seward to Vancover.

We just got done doing the Freedom this year, after reading your review, we may go do the Allure or Oasis next year.

Thanks. I think once the glow has worn off this trip, we will reconsider Alaska a little more. I'll take a look at Celebrity's website.

I you liked the Freedom, I think you will love the Oasis or Allure.

Glad you had a good time, but I wouldn't pass up Alaska. Different type of cruise, different experience. I would try to go before all the glaciers melt.

Kind of sad, isn't it. We've discussed the same thing, that if we don't go now, it might not be there in a few years.

Thanks for taking the time to write the review. We leave in 1 month for our first Oasis cruise and it is making me realize that maybe I was mistaken in having 2nd thoughts about booking it!

We have also made it a point to have our family vacations with cruises being our kids favorites. This cruise is my son's first vacation after graduating from college with a "real" job. When I asked him how he wanted to spend his time he replied, "with a cruise of course, but only if you will go with me!":D

So, he picked the ship and we made our plans....I am glad he wanted me to go but was thinking Oasis was too big (and expensive). Glad to hear that it is a good choice! Sounds like there is lots to do and we will also be trying out the flowrider together.

Thanks again for sharing your experience. We went to Alaska last summer and I agree that it is too spectacular to not see! Your son would love it!

Great review, I enjoyed reading each and every word of it! We're not sailing until next May but you've helped me add to the list I have complied of things to know and do on the ship! Glad you had such a great time, we're counting down the days... :D

We were in Cozumel this day and it was going to be adventure for us. When we cruise, we typically play it very safe and only take the cruise line excursions. When researching where to go in Cozumel, I kept coming across positive comments about Nachi Cocum beach club. So, we crossed our fingers and made reservations. It became a family joke about the name, because I just don’t think we are pronouncing quite right with our southern accent. We got up this morning and headed to the Park Café before heading to the pier. Once on the pier, there were signs everywhere pointing us to the Taxi pick-up and before you knew it, we were flying down the road in a huge van. When we pulled into Nachi Cocum, the first impression almost caused us to ask the taxi driver to turn around and take us back to the ship. It doesn’t look like much from the parking lot, but once you pass through the front entrance, it’s fantastic. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a 4 or 5 star resort, it has a very Caribbean “weathered” look to it, but I can’t imagine a better way to spend a day at the beach.

A waiter takes you to your own personal palapa with four lounge chairs. Ours was only 3 or 4 feet away from the ocean. The waiter then checks on you occasionally to see if you need any drinks or anything else. We played in the ocean most of the morning (with a few breaks for Bahama Mamas, Dos Equis and orange Fanta (this really made my son's day)) and then the waiter brought fresh chips, guacamole, and the best pico de gallo I’ve ever had. We sat there with our feet in the ocean and enjoyed that and then some chicken wings and more chips. They then brought lunch, which was enchiladas for me and my wife and hotdogs for my son. All while sitting on the beach. With cold drinks. And the waves crashing right in front of us. Yes, it was as great as it sounds.

After lunch, we took a dip in the pool, went back in to the ocean and then just spent some time in our chairs reading and enjoying a few more drinks. They offer some other activities for additional fees like snorkeling and jet skis, but we so happy just hanging out and being waited on, we didn’t feel the need to do anything else. Even our son was happy just hanging out. Before we knew, it was getting late in the afternoon and we had our waiter call for a taxi. We sadly packed up and headed to the parking lot. By the time we got there, the cab was waiting and we were flying down the road back to the ship. All three of us agreed that this was the best excursion we’ve taken and would gladly go back if (when) we are in Cozumel again.

THIS WAS AWESOME TO KNOW!!! Thanks so much for posting this. We are always debating east vs. west route, have done east twice, did Cozumel once, and wasn't thrilled with that port. This gives us a great option for an alternative day! We did a similar "private excursion" in St. Thomas and that was lovely.

THIS WAS AWESOME TO KNOW!!! Thanks so much for posting this. We are always debating east vs. west route, have done east twice, did Cozumel once, and wasn't thrilled with that port. This gives us a great option for an alternative day! We did a similar "private excursion" in St. Thomas and that was lovely.

I will be in St. Thomas and I would love some info on a private excursion. :)

Thanks,

Loralie

Fantastic review! Can't wait for our November cruise.

Quick question: For shore excursions, does Oasis supply the beach towels, or should we bring our own? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Nachi Cocum beach club sounds wonderful! We might check it out next western cruise (we're going eastern in November and we always go to Megan's Bay on our own). Thanks for the info.

What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to do it. I was on Oasis last summer and it really brings back wonderful memories! You packed a lot into each day. We are trying to find a time to book her again, or the Allure, because there is so much we did not even get to see!

Great review! We have our 1st RCCL cruise coming up in March so I'm reading up on everything RCCL. I will have to check out Nachi when we are in Coz - never been there and it sounds great.

As others have said, don't pass up Alaska! It is absolutely breathtaking even according to our 10yoDS. If you do want to do a one way cruise and a land portion, I would encourage you to consider doing the land part independently with a kid. It's easy to rent a car and go at your own pace, and you can leave when the buses show up. Much more flexibility and less time waiting in lines.:):) Also, if you go to Alaska on either RCCL or Celebrity, go late in the season. They go to Hubbard Glacier, but the ships get closer later in the season when there is less ice in the water. Hubbard is jaw-dropping.

Just found your review, nicely done, I enjoyed reading it. We are going on the Liberty in Jan. and are going to Labadee and Falmouth. In Labadee at the aqua park how deep is the water. We will have our 11 and 9 y/o DD and want to know if they can go by themselves with us watch from shore of if one of us needs to be in the water with them. Thanks in advance.

Fantastic review! Can't wait for our November cruise.

Quick question: For shore excursions, does Oasis supply the beach towels, or should we bring our own? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Nachi Cocum beach club sounds wonderful! We might check it out next western cruise (we're going eastern in November and we always go to Megan's Bay on our own). Thanks for the info.

For the towels, you do have to check them out on the pool deck using your seapass card before you get off the ship, but they did have someone at Labadee on the pier collecting the used ones at the end of the day.

Great review! We have our 1st RCCL cruise coming up in March so I'm reading up on everything RCCL. I will have to check out Nachi when we are in Coz - never been there and it sounds great.

As others have said, don't pass up Alaska! It is absolutely breathtaking even according to our 10yoDS. If you do want to do a one way cruise and a land portion, I would encourage you to consider doing the land part independently with a kid. It's easy to rent a car and go at your own pace, and you can leave when the buses show up. Much more flexibility and less time waiting in lines.:):) Also, if you go to Alaska on either RCCL or Celebrity, go late in the season. They go to Hubbard Glacier, but the ships get closer later in the season when there is less ice in the water. Hubbard is jaw-dropping.

Thanks for the advice!

Just found your review' date=' nicely done, I enjoyed reading it. We are going on the Liberty in Jan. and are going to Labadee and Falmouth. In Labadee at the aqua park how deep is the water. We will have our 11 and 9 y/o DD and want to know if they can go by themselves with us watch from shore of if one of us needs to be in the water with them. Thanks in advance.[/quote']

The water in the aqua park is deep because you can jump off the inflatables, but they make everyone wear a life vest. If your daughters are fairly comfortable in water, they should be fine by themselves.

The water in the aqua park is deep because you can jump off the inflatables, but they make everyone wear a life vest. If your daughters are fairly comfortable in water, they should be fine by themselves.

I agree with this, but they will have difficulty climbing some items. I was in fairly good shape when we went and it is TOUGH to climb up on a lot of the items. 1 hour is plenty of time!

Archived