New Dining Menu

Dedivah

I leave tomorrow on the Miracle. My goal is to take pics of the menus. Whether or not I can accomplish that, we'll see.

I'll be back next Thursday (Aug 18th) So hopefully, if I do get pics of some of the menus, I'll post them by next weekend.

Yes! PLEASE!!! :D

Love frog legs! Haven't had any in years. I don't "do" ribs, so if they've moved the duck (and they better not have eliminated it!), I can now focus on lobster on formal night.

I really must up my speed on my morning walks. Haven't lost the pounds from my 2-week cruise that was almost 9 months ago! :eek:

When we were on Magic back in May, the Gourmet burgers were listed on the "Carnival Classics" page of the menu, and were available every night. We did have the St. Louis Ribs on the first night, but it would not surprise me if they decided to move it to the first Cruise Elegant Night as a cost effective move to help minimize the number of poor lobsters they would have to kill in order to serve the tails. I really wish that there was a way to have an entire lobster on board... oh well I guess I'll make that a suggestion if we ever get a comment card from one of our cruises!

Those aren't maine lobsters, for the most part, so they would have no claws, thus defeating the purpose of serving them whole. If you do luck out and get a Maine lobster, it is a frozen tail, and they can't freeze the whole lobster and they certainly aren't going to bring fresh lobsters onboard.

Next thing you know they will be adding hot wings!!! Would be good for Lido..not MDR .....

And how are those different from the chicken strips and mozzarella sticks that they already serve as appetizers?

i would like to try the steakhouse on the pride this spring. i am not a big eater and would like to know if i may bring back to my cabin part of my entree and dessert? thanx

My Fiance and I both had our Steakhouse desserts packed to go. We were not even going to order dessert and it was at the waiter's insistence that we at least order dessert and then take it to-go. We both ordered the cheesecake and they put in on a nice disposable plate with a plastic dome cover to take back to our cabin for later. It was a nice suggestion by the waitstaff as we were waayyy too stuffed after the meal.

While I might not choose them, I think the additions of "comfort foods" is a good idea. The more choices the better since not everyone wants to eat something "fancy" every night. I noticed that Princess has added a "comfort food" category to their menus as well. I would guess these changes are coming from customer feedback.

How dare they pollute the dining menu with such food that should only be served to the common folk and the help. Instead of enjoying a nice smoked fresh caught Alaskan salmon served with a side of caviar imported from Russia and a glass of Chateau Eglise Clinet (vintage 1923 of course), I am served fried chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy. :eek:

How dare they pollute the dining menu with such food that should only be served to the common folk and the help. Instead of enjoying a nice smoked fresh caught Alaskan salmon served with a side of caviar imported from Russia and a glass of Chateau Eglise Clinet (vintage 1923 of course), I am served fried chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy. :eek:

You, friend, might have the best screen name on CC.:)

Ya!!! I too would love to try the duck - but am usually busy with the lobster and prime rib that the possibility is unthinkable! :D:D I'm with you Joan and hoping they switched these up!

So can we 'task' a soon-to-be cruiser with taking pics of the new menus and scanning them for us when they get home?? Any takers?;):)

They used to have lobster with prime rib. I loved that, the shrimp aren't that good.

Looks like night 3 I'll just have salads and appetizers...

While I would not personally order the burger for dinner, I know if they are on the menu, my god daughter most certainly would. She's not a really picky eater but there are certainly things she doesn't like and she's lactose intolerant (count how many dishes have cheese or cream - go ahead - there are a lot!) which does limit her choices.

She is however a big fan of beef on vacation (since her mom doesn't cook it at home) so a burger one night would be right up her alley.

On one cruise the lady at the next table had a burger EVERY NIGHT! Cracked us up.

They used to have lobster with prime rib. I loved that, the shrimp aren't that good.

Looks like night 3 I'll just have salads and appetizers...

The shrimp I've had with the lobster tails have been fantastic.

I want my duck!!! And I want my lobster w/shrimp. But the duck is so very rich, it's very difficult to eat all that. I personally don't like to stuff myself so much that I can barely walk. I know, it's The American Way, sadly, but not for me so much.

I wonder if I could talk my way into early dining on formal night, have the duck, then go back for my regular seating and have the lobster/shrimp and maybe even a small prime rib on the side? :p

Please, folks, what's with the "fancy food" stuff? Maybe it's because I grew up with a mother who ONLY cooked everything extremely well done and with next to no seasoning that I now eat steaks extremely rare and LOVE to try different, flavorful, more exotic dishes.

A cruise is the perfect time to broaden your taste horizons! Who knows? You might actually like it! :D

We sat next to an older lady, every night she would have a plain piece of fish. No sides.:)

And I had the lady who had the plain chicken breast at every meal. Some people don't like to experiment, I guess.

Well, why would anyone want hamburgers for dinner when you can have them every day for lunch? I would prefer more interesting foods. When I eat out I like to have things that I wouldn't necessarily prepare for myself/husband at home. The menu has become less interesting, less challenging (for the chefs), and the new "comfort food" items seem like something that would fit better on the Lido deck menu. I am just hopeful the food is prepared well and lower my expectations.

I have read about cruisers taking the dessert to go from the supper club but not the entree.

But it never hurts to ask.

I took my entree to go from the supper club. Unfortunately when the chef brought out the little 'treat' in the beginning it was roe? I have a very bad intolerance and some allergies for certain seafoods and with new seafood I often don't know how it was affect me. Had the roe with whatever it was on.....and tried to keep my composure. My steak came out...I had a bite....they wrapped the entire rest of the meal up to go. Needless to say - some fish got my steak the next day ;) so at least it didn't go to waste!

Please, folks, what's with the "fancy food" stuff? Maybe it's because I grew up with a mother who ONLY cooked everything extremely well done and with next to no seasoning that I now eat steaks extremely rare and LOVE to try different, flavorful, more exotic dishes.

A cruise is the perfect time to broaden your taste horizons! Who knows? You might actually like it! :D

I grew up with a mother that did the exact same! Everything was shoe leather and now....give me that steak rare baby! Just walk it on through - I want a little bit of mooing left. Oh...unfortunately - I don't eat much beef anymore because of my husband's diet but I plan to on the cruise darnnit! Duck, duck, lamb, lamb, prime rib.....escargot....omg I'm so freakin' hungry right now!

I don't eat much beef, either, which is probably why I keep trying the steaks on the ships even though I have been fairly disappointed for the last couple of years. Even when the steaks weren't overcooked and fairly tender, they just don't seem to have much flavor.

Yet I keep ordering steak, hoping they'll be as tender and tasty as they used to be. Think my Elation 2006 cruise had the best beef ever, followed by the worst ever on my first Miracle in 2007. I do think that some weeks they just get shipments that aren't as good as normal.

I thought HAL's beef dishes were considerably better, and we had lobster three nights (it was a 2-week cruise with 4 formal nights). Our food was, overall, very, very good on that cruise. I loved the chilled fruit soups and HAL's were even better than Carnival's. Carnival's Caesar Salad is better, imho. I don't do many desserts. HAL's cheese plate varied from night to night, unlike Carnival's.

Like I say in every dining thread, even if they don't actually change the menus, I wish they'd at least "shuffle" some things around. Put the duck on a different night! And BRING BACK BEEF WELLINGTON!!!!

Let's start a petition for that and send it to John Heald. Seems that some of our other rants/gripes/complaints have actually had an impact! :D

Does anyone have a copy of these menus other than the ones that have already been posted? I am hoping to see an official copy before I leave for my next cruise. I really enjoyed the previous menus and was looking forward to them again this time on my 10th Carnival Cruise.

If someone has a copy please message me and I will provide my email address. Thank you!

Archived