Luggage tags

Jackie57

I only know how Princess and HAL do it, but I suspect all lines are similar ... printable luggage tags are part of your e-docs. Follow the folding directions and staple the tag around your bag handle. Many people cover the folded tags with clear package tape for extra strength.

I only know how Princess and HAL do it, but I suspect all lines are similar ... printable luggage tags are part of your e-docs. Follow the folding directions and staple the tag around your bag handle. Many people cover the folded tags with clear package tape for extra strength.

Same with Carnival.

NCL has tags you can print online, but I always receive the colored coded ones with my name, room number and sail date in the mail along with my welcome packet each time.

You can also usually get them at the port before boarding if you need to.

With NCL, you register online (can do so right after you book) and so many days (around 40-45 I believe) before the cruise, their edocs are ready to print. :)

If you print you own luggage tags, you can get clear plastic heavy holders for them from favors by serendipity dot com. No stapling or reinforcing with clear packing tape. The price is reasonable, abd they are reusable. I ordered some, and they seem very sturdy.

Once I print my luggage tags I usually laminate them. I then use a hole puncher and punch holes in both ends so I can wrap them around the luggage handles. I also use small electrical ties to attach them to the luggage. This makes them pretty firm and they won't tear off.

I usually use the clear packing tape to "self laminate" the luggage tags after folding them. I use a hole punch to put a couple of holes in it and use zip ties to secure it to the bag. I put them on before I leave for the airport and I have an extra in my carry on in case they get torn off.

Having them on early helps them get your bag to in case it gets waylaid in transit. How nice to know that they can find your ship at the next port.

Torn off? Just put another one before you give it to the porter.

With RCL and X when your edocs are ready there is a link online to order your luggage tags but if you book too close to sailing you can have the porter put them on for you.

On RCI, on the site for "luggage tags", you can request 'real' tags for free that come in the mail. FYI, hope it helps. We did it this past November.:)

Archived