change in itinerary

somogirl

I just printed my boarding pass and was informed there was a change in the itinerary and this is my first time learning about it. When I informed my friends from Canada they said they were told about it awhile ago from their TA. I contacted my TA to inquire as to why I was never informed, she said she never received a notice and she has been in the business 30 years and has never had this happen. I was researching a private tour to book on the day that the port was changed. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Hi There

Once when we boarded captain told us that our sailing

which was going to be clockwise around the caribbean would

be changed to anti clockwise

All those with private tours were busy on the internet , phones

rebooking everything.

The change was due to weather

yours Shogun

I have to agree with Robgvic; your TA must have missed the message. What did she do when you infprmed her of this change? If she really did not get the message she should have been on the phone to Princess while you were on hold and demanding to know when the message was sent and to get a copy and to ask Princess to provide more information. If she did not do this, it means when you told her, she checked her files and found that, indeed, your itinerary was correctly listed with the change and she missed it.

The only time a port has been changed before sailing was this spring when Safaga, Egypt was replaced by Aqaba, Jordan because of the unrest in Egypt. I got an email from my TA. Of course, I heard about the change here well before getting the email

On the CB, July 28th-Aug 6th we wound up missing San Juan due to cyclone strength winds, there was a time change of when we were to be in port prior to embarkation. We received an email with this notification, even though we booked with a TA, not through our TA.

While on the cruise St. Thomas and SJ days were switched. So we wound up in St. T and as previously mentioned we skipped SJ. Safety first! The captain kept us up to date as he knew while on board.

Laura

On the CB, July 28th-Aug 6th we wound up missing San Juan due to cyclone strength winds, there was a time change of when we were to be in port prior to embarkation. We received an email with this notification, even though we booked with a TA, not through our TA.

While on the cruise St. Thomas and SJ days were switched. So we wound up in St. T and as previously mentioned we skipped SJ. Safety first! The captain kept us up to date as he knew while on board.

Laura

That's funny because the two of them are right next door to each other. Wonder if it had to due with port protection/setup from higher winds/waves in one over the other. If you had a great time then I guess it doesn't really matter as long as you did not lose any money on the change out.

While there does appear to be a lapse in communication from your TA, the change in ports can, and does, happen. We've had at least two of our cruises with changed ports, learning of this when we boarded the ship. More frequent is missing ports due to weather conditions, meaning another fun day at sea.

This is a good reason to never book tours without some sort of cancellation/refund clause built in. Any tour operator would also know which ships are scheduled in port any given day and should not accept bookings that are invalid.

The time our itinerary changed, I found out about it here on Cruise Critic several days before getting the notice from our TA. It was still plenty of time before our cruise--and since the change was that we were going to Nassau instead of Princess Cays, we did not have to worry about changing any prearranged private excursions.

Archived