Persian Gard crowded because of AQ?

robertmartha

AQ has always had access, so i cant imagine it has become worse except with the increased number of AQ cabins on the new ships. But honestly, when I was on Solstice the PG was never busy and we spent a lot of time in there. Further if you are not in AQ I would say the PG is not worth the cost of a day or week pass unless you really really really like heated tile beds.

We went to it twice during a seven day cruise. We were by ourselves both times. It is not a place that you need or want to hang out it. 20 minutes is plenty and then it is time to leave. Other than laying on the hot table I would rather be sitting in the open fresh air, that is more relaxing.

I agree with previous posters. I enjoyed it a lot but I don't really think most AQ folks bother using it. Also agree it's probably not worth $20/day for others. I also had the experience of guests carrying on lengthy conversations and one guy even trying to drum up business while "relaxing" in PG, which was really annoying. I noticed on Connie that they have a sign posted reminding pax that this is a "quiet" area. No wonder I'm such a Connie fan ;)

What I don't understand about the Persian Gardens, (or the relaxation room which is just the anteroom for the spa) is you have a nice quiet balcony in AQ. Usually (not always) on Caribbean cruises, the weather is nice enough to enjoy sitting there and relaxing. I'd see enjoying heated tile loungers when you look outside and see cold windy weather. With the sun blaring away, not so much.

I went twice and didn't stay long. First time there were only 2 other REALLY loud people there. 2nd time I was by myself.

Personally don't care for the PG, but love sitting in the Relaxation Room. Our best experience was coming out of the fog just before we entered San Juan. We don't spend a lot of time there but it is a great place to chill.

thanks all - what a suprise.

On our canada/ne sailing last year it was not crowded but I assumed with the number of AQ cabins of the newer ships and with the soicalization coming to the other m class ships that it would be packed all the time. I actually enjoy the different steam rooms and relaxing on the heated loungers - soemthing I don't normally have access to - glad to know if I book an AQ cabin I can still enjoy. So is the main perk of AQ Blu?

Archived