Princess ending 24/7 Horizon Court availability???

flamomo

I think Whitecaps' observations are astute no matter how many cruises they have been on. Things change and I certainly don't view this as a cut back. I wonder how much food has been thrown away because Princess has offered a 24-hour buffet?? While it may have been nice to mosey by the buffet at 3am, I'm sure that the vast majority of passengers are asleep and if the line can save a bunch of money by "cutting back" on something that almost no one is using then more power to them. :)

You guys win.. my last post here

Very astute, yes less is better

Srpio

You guys win.. my last post here

Very astute, yes less is better

Srpio

Srpio, I hope that you have taken all of this in jest. :D Having some fun on a boring Saturday. Things change and you just have to go with the flow even though it can still be disappointing. Have a great day and keep smiling.

After reading through all these posts it appears that the issue is not with the quantity or quality of late night food that is no longer available, but rather what will be missed is the "experience" of wandering up to the top deck after a late night and just relaxing with a light snack. It appears all Princess has to do is offer a 24/7 beverage station with a limited selection of desserts/cookies and everyone would be happy ...and it would not break the bank. We can all hope that after enough negative feedback Princess might just realize that this would be the solution. Lets hope so.

After reading through all these posts it appears that the issue is not with the quantity or quality of late night food that is no longer available, but rather what will be missed is the "experience" of wandering up to the top deck after a late night and just relaxing with a light snack. It appears all Princess has to do is offer a 24/7 beverage station with a limited selection of desserts/cookies and everyone would be happy ...and it would not break the bank. We can all hope that after enough negative feedback Princess might just realize that this would be the solution. Lets hope so.

Personally, I would never miss it. But DH likes to take his office with him (I know, I would love to throw his computer overboard :rolleyes:) and catches up with his e-mails after I am in bed. He says he would be happy with a soft serve machine and cookies to keep him company. The only thing he really does not like about Princess is the limited availability of soft serve!

I probably won't miss the HC buffet if it's gone all night, but some people will. I see no point in trying to convince them they're wrong (gluttons, lazy, picky, etc.) The point of this thread is to discover when the HC is or is not open; it is not to moralize about others' choices.

*off soapbox*

Pass it to someone else. When you're right, you're right. And you're right.

On Ruby Princess, and from what im told fleet wide is as follows:

After 11:30 Horizon Court will close, (It used to be open 24 hrs) and the 24 hr International Cafe close now at 2am, And room services menu in now reduced, and now when ordering room service it usually, after 12am is about 45 min to 1 hour. Personally these cutbacks are only going to hurt a struggling cruise line. What are they going to cut back next ? I'm told that there tiring this to see if these changes are for the best ? If you cruise with princess cruise and these changes effect you, PLEASE MAKE A Comment on the comment card, and voice your option on these changes, You might not use any of these amenities now but if that take these away, what next ? 10 years from now we might just be cruising with few crew and vending machines.... Think about it if they cut services, next is entertainment, the what next ? You pay for services !!!! If the cut the services, then the cruse SHOULD BE CHEAPER, but it won't make you cruise any cheaper, just the cruise lines richer.... Think, Voice, Act !!!

Bill

P.S. (I'm on the ship now)

I think they are realigning things in order to not have to increase the basic cost of the cruise.They have not iniated the $9 a day fuel charge which could have applied when oil was about $70 a barrel and it is now around $90. It won't affect me as am rarely up and wanting to eat that late.

"PLEASE MAKE A Comment on the comment card, and voice your option on these changes, You might not use any of these amenities now but if that take these away, what next ? 10 years from now we might just be cruising with few crew and vending machines.... "

When this happens, do you suppose that cruisers in full suites may get extra tokens for the vending machines?

Maybe I'm different than most people but all the changes I've been reading about in the last few days are fine with me- including the dress code. What's the alternative? A big price increase I'll bet and considering their prices on everything are increasing every day, they're holding down their base price for boarding. People who must have all of these item at their disposal 24 hours a day should be looking for a higher end cruise line and Princess has never been in that category.

"PLEASE MAKE A Comment on the comment card, and voice your option on these changes, You might not use any of these amenities now but if that take these away, what next ? 10 years from now we might just be cruising with few crew and vending machines.... "

When this happens, do you suppose that cruisers in full suites may get extra tokens for the vending machines?

Only if you are platinum or elite but you will be able to pre order tokens on the cruise personalizer at a discounted rate if your status is only gold.

Maybe they will turn HC into an automat. At least at the automat the coffee was good. :D

Archived