Desserts in Blu

cruise kitty

Hi:) One of my favorite indulgences on a cruise is dessert, that said, I have a couple of questions about dessert in Blu:

Some one on another thread posted Blu menus, & while they look terrific, I'm a little bit concerned about the dessert choices... in the MDR basic Creme Brule is available on the everyday menu, any chance of getting it in Blu??

Also, are the desserts in Blu better than they sound? Maybe the descriptions don't do them justice?

Thanks in advance for your help.

We were in Blu last December. I love my desserts, and found them to mostly be delicious. They can get you anything you want from the MDR. There was one item I wanted, but I can't remember what it was, that they went to the MDR to get it for me.

What I couldn't believe, was a group of 4 people who asked the waiter to get them steaks from the Steak restaurant, a pay restaurant. They were very nasty and obnoxious. He told them that they could only go to the MDR for another entree. They argued with him. If they wanted a steak from that restaurant, they should have paid the $25. and gone there themselves. Takes all kinds.

As much as we enjoy AQ and Blu, I would have to rate the desserts poor to fair. They look good, but we found most to be overly sweet. We ended up eating one bite or skipping dessert. I think most desserts and the ice cream onboard are tasteless. I sure don't need the sugar calories so it was no big deal.

Elizabeth

I couldn't agree more

Dessert was our only disappointment in blu.....but felt we had enough goodies elsewhere

Ie...those chocolate dipped jelly donuts from al bacio.....mmmmmmmm

The bottom line here is this. Most folks will be thrilled with the deserts offered in Blu. If there is nothing on the menu that appeals simply ask your server and they will make every effort to make you happy. Do not be tempted to not go Aqua Class because of this issue. If you like great individual service and great food, without going the upgrade route, by all means, go to Blu via Aqua Class. If you enjoy hors d' oeuvres on your balcony every afternoon go Aqua Class. There is more to say about Aqua Class but till I get on the payroll for Celebrity, thats all I've got.

Hi:) One of my favorite indulgences on a cruise is dessert, that said, I have a couple of questions about dessert in Blu:

Some one on another thread posted Blu menus, & while they look terrific, I'm a little bit concerned about the dessert choices... in the MDR basic Creme Brule is available on the everyday menu, any chance of getting it in Blu??

Also, are the desserts in Blu better than they sound? Maybe the descriptions don't do them justice?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I agree with you the descriptions are way off(ie Airline chicken-which is the serving shape -wing tucked under rather than the cooking manner). Have done AQ/Blu on 2 cruises each time it just got better. Anything you want will be provided with a smile. My DH wanted chocolate ice cream with chocolate syrup and strawberries every night by the 2nd night he did not even have to order it magically appeared via Igor our ass't waiter on the Solstice.I have a peanut allergy and any time there was a "nut encrusted" food our wait staff immediately told me and arranged for unencrusted. Just tell your wait staff and the magic elfs in the kitchen will accommodate-incidently the soups are fabulous.

Have a wonderful trip

Carole

I don't have an answer for you, but I am cruising on Eclipse in 2013 and have an AQ cabin. I am very interested to hear responses to this question!

I am very interested in the responses - keep me posted EithneMay!!! :confused:

Archived