Crappy watch sales and people going nuts

valtandc

When the sale tables are out and the jewelry is on them I try to avoid the area completely. It's a madhouse.

Regarding Fossil watches, I like them. They are real workhorses for about $100 at the Fossil store. They replace the batteries for free at the store and will send them to be fixed for the price of postage.

[quote name='rudechuck']My wife and I won matching "gold by the inch" bracelets during the raffle. She has never worn hers. I only wear mine when I'm mad at her. If I'm really angry, I wear it in public and tell everyone she "bought" it for me. That really pushes her buttons. :D[/quote]
Don't be surprised if your bracelet [B]disappears [/B]one day.;)

I'm not sealing the thread, but a lot of your comments about what you do or don't purchase on board is why Carnival likes the first time cruisers. After you have been of a few cruises you find out what is a rip off, and what is a good deal. Same thing with spa visits, and excursions. ;););)
leedm

I too just couldn't believe it! My friend's watch broke on the trip, so she wanted to check it out, though our "sale" was $20 each! Folks (both men and women) had stacks and stacks of the "sets" in their arms and headed toward the counter. Perhaps Christmas shopping in July? Lol! Anyway - She found a watch at one pile and while I found one at the other pile. We got together and realized we picked out the exact same one! We both got it. Though NOT worth the $$$$$ the claimed, it was certainly worth $20! I get compliments on it all the time. Frankly, I wish I had gotten one as a gift. It's adorable! :)

i've actually bought a watch during the sales, for the reason several have mentioned -- i needed a watch.

now i seem to have an indestructable waterproof no-name watch that looks like its made out of the same plastic as athletic shoe bottoms and whose battery hasn't run down in years and which still beeps an alarm at me at 8am/7am (depending on time of year). it's cheap enough i can't figure out how to program it, it's ugly, but it is absolutely indestructible, and it was cheap when i needed a watch.

and it'll go on my next cruise, just so i don't need to buy another. :p

[quote name='footballbabe3']I don't see spending the money on fine items like that on the ship. The mark up is so high they are giving each other the high five when you walk out.
I don't mind buying my fun cosmetic jewlery on a ship, but thats it !
I like fine jewlery and purchase it alot so I really bargain shop for it.[/QUOTE]

We were in Cozumel one time and wandered into a Diamonds International Jewelry store. DW tried on a ring just for fun. The price as quoted was 5000. We laughed, she took the ring off and we headed for the door. As we were getting up he suddenly dropped the price to $3500. At the door on the way out it was $2000.

Buying jewelry in the Caribbean ANYWHERE is risky business obviously.

[quote name='nbsjcruiser']We were in Cozumel one time and wandered into a Diamonds International Jewelry store. DW tried on a ring just for fun. The price as quoted was 5000. We laughed, she took the ring off and we headed for the door. As we were getting up he suddenly dropped the price to $3500. At the door on the way out it was $2000.

Buying jewelry in the Caribbean ANYWHERE is risky business obviously.[/quote][SIZE=3]But how can that be? Isn't Diamonds International a member of Carnival's [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]"Guaranteed & Recommended Shopping Program". You know they have " been chosen on the basis of [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]price, selection and reputation":D:D[/SIZE]

[URL]http://carnival-news.com/2007/10/29/carnival%e2%80%99s-shore-side-recommended-guaranteed-shopping-program/[/URL]

[quote name='richstowe'][SIZE=3]But how can that be? Isn't Diamonds International a member of Carnival's [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]"Guaranteed & Recommended Shopping Program". You know they have " been chosen on the basis of [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]price, selection and reputation":D:D[/SIZE]

[URL]http://carnival-news.com/2007/10/29/carnival%e2%80%99s-shore-side-recommended-guaranteed-shopping-program/[/URL][/QUOTE]

Yes, they are beyond reproach!!

;)

Tom

Archived