LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

Trainman-2

I am going to quit for tonight and start fresh in the morning...

I am having some technical difficulties and I have no clue if it is Cruise Critic, Photo Bucket, or the Ship's Systems, but I keep losing the connection and have lost several posts.

More tomorrow.

We will be at Labadee and Rev has invited us to her Cabana.

So excited to see this. I am having surgery on Monday and wondering what I am going to do.

Hope everything goes well with your surgery. I am having surgery monday too.

Dett and addicted2, in this lengthy thread I am afraid this might have gotten lost... all the best to you both for a successful surgery. I have prayed for your recovery and may God bless you. Take care. :)

A CAUTIONARY NOTE!

I will be posting the photos of the Royal Grand Suite later tonight. It would be wise to have a towel or some aluminum foil handy to cover up your keyboards. I would hate to be the cause of hundreds of key boards being shorted out by excessive drooling!

Oh, great! I pushed my chair back so I wouldn't drool over the keyboard, but I ended up drooling over my pants! :eek:

Keep up the great reports and pictures! :D

Dett and addicted2, in this lengthy thread I am afraid this might have gotten lost... all the best to you both for a successful surgery. I have prayed for your recovery and may God bless you. Take care. :)

Thank you I really appreciate it. Will have to let you know how things go. I'm having a partial knee replacement so hopefully won't be to bad. Have to recover quick we have another cruise booked for Thanksgiving week.

Great photos of the suite. Just curious, did Rev get an upgrade to the Crown Loft? Since she is on her own I would be surprised that she would book it as a single supplement on her own. Maybe you already commented on this and I think I have read every post, but I may have missed it.

Thank you for taking the time to post the pictures and letting us all come along for the ride.

Great photos of the suite. Just curious, did Rev get an upgrade to the Crown Loft? Since she is on her own I would be surprised that she would book it as a single supplement on her own. Maybe you already commented on this and I think I have read every post, but I may have missed it.

Rev is sharing with her Sister-In-Law...

Good Morning Trainman2-Jim!

Have a great day at Labadee. Can't wait to read your thoughts and see pictures as I am going to stop there on my December cruise. I didn't care much for Labadee when I stopped there on a previous cruise but most people seem to love that place.

On another note, I will have the pleasure of meeting Rev soon as she will be on my Freedom of the Seas cruise. I am looking forward to it. Hope to meet you on a cruise some day Jim!

Dinner at CHOPS was disappointing!

It was a combination of little things but we did not receive the 1st class Dining Experience we expected!

The Shrimp Cocktail and Mushroom Soup were both excellent!

The Filets were cooked perfectly as we ordered them but with no seasoning at all. There was no charcoal flavor. Four sauces were offered and I choose the Béarnaise Sauce which was excellent and made up for the lack of seasoning on the meat.

The Salt and Pepper Shakers were “cute little things” but hard to hold onto and even harder to shake.

My Baked Potato was not hot! Our server came by with melted butter and sour crème for it but by the time I realized it was cold, the server was long gone so Judith shared her mashed potatoes with me.

When we were finished eating it took about 10 minutes to get out check. Our server had offered Judith bottled water which cost us $7.99 extra.

Dinner at CHOPS was disappointing!

It was a combination of little things but we did not receive the 1st class Dining Experience we expected!

The Shrimp Cocktail and Mushroom Soup were both excellent!

The Filets were cooked perfectly as we ordered them but with no seasoning at all. There was no charcoal flavor. Four sauces were offered and I choose the Béarnaise Sauce which was excellent and made up for the lack of seasoning on the meat.

The Salt and Pepper Shakers were “cute little things” but hard to hold onto and even harder to shake.

My Baked Potato was not hot! Our server came by with melted butter and sour crème for it but by the time I realized it was cold, the server was long gone so Judith shared her mashed potatoes with me.

When we were finished eating it took about 10 minutes to get out check. Our server had offered Judith bottled water which cost us $7.99 extra.

I'm sorry your dinner was a disappointment! I'm sailing with RCI for the first time in May. I think we'll try Portofino instead of Chops based on the reviews.

I'm enjoying this virtual cruise and am looking forward to reading more. I hope y'all have a fantastic day in the cabana!!!

Day 3 - Monday - Labadee, Haiti

We are approaching the dock as I type...

Judith is on our family's second shift so she is still asleep but I am back on my normal first shift schedule after a good nap yesterday afternoon.

Rev had invited us to visit her in her cabana this morning.

The walk down the pier is more than either of us can do and if we take our walkers, which are useless in sand, we are stuck with them ashore. We hope to catch the shuttle for the suite Guests direct to Rev's cabana.

I will let you know how it all works out this afternoon.

Archived