POLL on special Princess surveys

regnig

[SIZE="4"][B]I have been asked my opinion in a special Princess survey:[/B][/SIZE]  

247 members have voted

1. 1. [SIZE="4"][B]I have been asked my opinion in a special Princess survey:[/B][/SIZE]

• Never been surveyed
    • Never cruised Princess but have been surveyed
    • 1 to 5 Princess cruises (Gold) been surveyed
    • 6 to 15 Princess cruises (Platinum) been surveyed
    • 16+ Princess cruises (Elite) been surveyed

:eek:WOW!! You really ARE big time cruisers! Maybe you have never been surveyed,but I would love to know what you think the most significant changes have been over time and if for better or for worse in your opinion. If I owned a company and you were my customer,I would be very interested in what you have to say. What are the things that have kept you coming back and what things,if any,have tempted you to "abandon ship"? Y'all are practically like those cruisers who own on those residential ships! Impressive!

Polling your client base and doing the opposite of what they want is not called innovation.

There was a time that civil rights,indie films,and gays in the military weren't too popular either. Sometimes,success does come with taking a different path. People laughed at Ted Turner when he started a 24 hour news channel. Hugh Hefner had many folks turn down his original investment opportunity. And I plan to wear fancy dresses and dance the two step on the huge balcony of the Grand Suite on Caribbean Princess in December and laugh like a crazy bansheee! And as I stroll about the ship in the evening,don't think I won't notice all you handsome gents sneaking a peek at my cleavage in my lovely gown while your poor beautiful wives are being ignored in their khakis and t-shirts!! ;)

I've never received any surveys. I don't even get the one everyone talks about after they take a cruise for "how did it go". We've been on 26 Princess cruises - 217 days. My kids have been on 17 Princess cruises at 140 days and I usually sail with the same friends, none of which have ever received a survey.

I've never received any surveys. We've been on 26 Princess cruises - 217 days. My kids have been on 17 Princess cruises at 140 days and I usually sail with the same friends, none of which have ever received a survey.

We have never received a Princess special survey. So voted 0, but we have sailed with Princess over 25 times.

32 ccruises, 300 plus days on Princess and have never seen a survey!

Seventy (70) Princess cruises and never surveyed.:(

I'm beginning to wonder if Princess doesn't bother asking those of us with "lots" of cruises because they think we will continue to cruise with them regardless........:rolleyes::confused:

The thread re: the special survey Princess conducted on Formal night really got me to thinking about these “surveys” and the “random sampling protocol” that Princess must be using. I believe this is the 3rd one Princess has conducted (or at least claimed they did) and it sure appears that a good sized majority of CCs have not been sampled.

While I’m not upset I am certainly curious as to what the numbers, strictly amongst CCers is. To date Princess has never asked my opinion on any issue; the only communication I receive from them is ads related to giving them more of my hard earned money. While I realize that our 23 cruises is not an exorbitant amount I would appreciate feeling as if they do care about our opinion.

So, just to satisfy my curiosity please vote next to your current status on Princess. This only applies to “special surveys” on a specific subject and not the standard one we all seem to get following our last sailing.

I have been asked for my opinion in a special Princess survey:

Never been asked

Never cruised Princess

1 to 5 Princess cruises (Gold)

6 to 15 Princess cruises (Platinum)

16+ Princess cruises (Elite)

I just today got around to answering an e-mail via Princess, but through Synovate Market Research about Cruising & Cabin Selection. I started to answer a few questions and then the survey said I did not qualify. I don't know why they bothered to send the survey then or what you needed to qualify. Maybe I took too many Princess cruises :D and not enough on the other lines(that was some of the very first few questions)

Anyway just wanted to share my recent experience.

There was a time that civil rights,indie films,and gays in the military weren't too popular either. Sometimes,success does come with taking a different path. People laughed at Ted Turner when he started a 24 hour news channel. Hugh Hefner had many folks turn down his original investment opportunity. And I plan to wear fancy dresses and dance the two step on the huge balcony of the Grand Suite on Caribbean Princess in December and laugh like a crazy bansheee! And as I stroll about the ship in the evening,don't think I won't notice all you handsome gents sneaking a peek at my cleavage in my lovely gown while your poor beautiful wives are being ignored in their khakis and t-shirts!! ;)

TB; which dates in December? I am there 4-18, and now I have even more to LOOK forward to if you are too!

Doug :eek:

TB; which dates in December? I am there 4-18, and now I have even more to LOOK forward to if you are too!

Doug :eek:

HAHA Out of San Juan on the 4th! Hope you know I have just been having a lil fun,stirring the pot a bit. I was in a mood that day,having realized that I TOTALLY missed "talk like a pirate" day!! Like sleeping thru Christmas or missing the Great Pumpkin AGAIN! Are you on the roll call??? I think our meet and greet is 10 am the first full day,a sea day. I suppose at 10 am lampshades on the head will be few to none :(!

HAHA Out of San Juan on the 4th! Hope you know I have just been having a lil fun,stirring the pot a bit. I was in a mood that day,having realized that I TOTALLY missed "talk like a pirate" day!! Like sleeping thru Christmas or missing the Great Pumpkin AGAIN! Are you on the roll call??? I think our meet and greet is 10 am the first full day,a sea day. I suppose at 10 am lampshades on the head will be few to none :(!

LOL.

I had forgotten Roll Call, though I signed in a while back. Yep, I'll be there. Enjoy meeting.

Doug

I seem to remember my Statistics Prof in college explaining, and then demonstrating, that a good statistician could prove any hypothesis they wanted to by the use of numbers.

Not a "good" statistician but a person that was skilled in statistical analysis and keen to manipulate could "prove" anything. A truly good statistician attempts to determine reality from a sampling of data points. Unfortunately, when it comes to personal opinion as opposed to basic mechanical probability the use of leading questions to get the desired result is all too common, typically in political polls. I don't see this in the latest survey from Princess, which was my first one.

I'd also like to note that this survey included demographic questions on how many cruises/which cruiseline, age, etc, so that the opinions of experienced vs newby cruisers could be sorted.

I seem to remember my Statistics Prof in college explaining, and then demonstrating, that a good statistician could prove any hypothesis they wanted to by the use of numbers.

I remember a quote in one of my statistics texts:

"Some use statistics like a drunk uses a lamppost, more for support than illumination."

I got a survey a couple of months ago after returning from a cruise, and it was all about smoking. You could tell from the questions there were changes afoot, and it wasn't long before they announced their new smoking policy. Out of our group of eight, I was the only one that got the questions about smoking, everyone else got the usual "how was your cruise" survey.

Archived