Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future (Continued)

CC Help Jenn

Anybody have a photo of the peekaboo glass floor window in the Crown and Anchor lounge they can post....I know I've seen it and I thought it was here but cannot find it. Someone on our roll call mentioned it and wanted to know if it was still there after dry dock.

Yes it is still there ... Yes... I still cannot look down it.

Gina, he was in Viking Crown, right?

He was the dedicated Concierge Lounge bartender in the old Hollywood Odyssey space. He is just finishing up a long contract on Vision and set to come back home to Radiance...after time at his real home of course. :)

Gina

Finally, what many of you have been waiting for. The return of Beresford to this wonderful ship is planned for Sept. 6, 2013.

Gina

That's great!! We will be back on the Radiance for the Hawaiian Islands cruise, transpacific back to Vancouver and then up to Alaska next year so hope he isn't on vacation then. He was always in the Concierge Lounge with JD on our Hawaii-Australia-New Zealand cruise almost 2 years ago.

Linda (and C. D.)

Edited by Linda41

That's great!! We will be back on the Radiance for the Hawaiian Islands cruise, transpacific back to Vancouver and then up to Alaska next year so hope he isn't on vacation then. He was always in the Concierge Lounge with JD on our Hawaii-Australia-New Zealand cruise almost 2 years ago.

Linda (and C. D.)

He should be there through May 2014 so I'd think he'll likely (can't promise) be there for the completion of the crossing back to Vancouver. If he is staying on for any of the Alaska cruises is questionable.

Gina

He should be there through May 2014 so I'd think he'll likely (can't promise) be there for the completion of the crossing back to Vancouver. If he is staying on for any of the Alaska cruises is questionable.

Gina

Wonderful, hope he is still there in April 2014, for us!!

• 6 months later...
We are booking a D2 on the Radiance for the AU/NZ 2015 cruise - considering cabin #9062 - any knowledge of this cabin or other recommendations on cabins? thanks!

It should be nice. Midway between centrum and forward stairs/elevator. Staterooms above and below so it should be quiet. I always thing D2s are less likely to be abused than D1s since they have occupancy of only 2 so there have been no families with multiple people sleeping there.

Gina

It should be nice. Midway between centrum and forward stairs/elevator. Staterooms above and below so it should be quiet. I always thing D2s are less likely to be abused than D1s since they have occupancy of only 2 so there have been no families with multiple people sleeping there. Gina

Gina - thank you so much for the info - never thought about your thoughts on occupancy - it does sound logical!

Gina - thank you so much for the info - never thought about your thoughts on occupancy - it does sound logical!

Many people love the aft the best because of the large balconies. I've been known to book them. But the location you have is my favorite and I consider it ideal. I figure I can only occupy the space of one person while on the balcony so size is irrelevant. I've been in the same location on deck 10 on Radiance quite often. And the only problem ever was from the pool deck above. You won't have to worry about scraping chair legs.

I love Radiance of the Seas. :)

Gina

• 3 weeks later...
We are booking a D2 on the Radiance for the AU/NZ 2015 cruise - considering cabin #9062 - any knowledge of this cabin or other recommendations on cabins? thanks!

Cool!

We've booked Superior Balcony stateroom #9052 (also D2) for the Alaska roundtrip out of Vancouver in May...pretty close to your cabin location.

We like the port side in the front of the middle section - close to many things, and a great large balcony cabin as well.

Enjoy!

• 6 months later...

I just thought that I should bring one of my favorite threads back to work!

So what Radiance news do you all have?

I'm flying to Vancouver in 17 days for the trip to Hawaii and then to Australia. Travelling with 89 yo Dad. Very excited.

Does anyone know what is happening to "The Crab Shack"? Is it staying for the Aussie season as we Aussies love our seafood?

Does anyone know who the current barman is in the CL?

Also ....just need to talk about my favorite ship!

Raina

I just thought that I should bring one of my favorite threads back to work!

So what Radiance news do you all have?

I'm flying to Vancouver in 17 days for the trip to Hawaii and then to Australia. Travelling with 89 yo Dad. Very excited.

Does anyone know what is happening to "The Crab Shack"? Is it staying for the Aussie season as we Aussies love our seafood?

Does anyone know who the current barman is in the CL?

Also ....just need to talk about my favorite ship!

Raina

WOW! It's been so long. I didn't realize this thread got buried that long ago.

I don't know who the barman is in the lounge but you know exactly who the concierge is. :D

Today was Capt. Sindre's last day with the company. He will disembark the ship tomorrow and move on with his life. You may have read about it already. We will miss him so much. We met him in 2007 when he was staff captain on Radiance. And we were there for his first cruise as Master of the ship out of Tampa.

The maitre'd Vikram has been promoted to Restaurant Operations Manager and he is now on Liberty of the Seas along with Jeanie. I'm not sure who is on board in that capacity right now. It might be Seamus who is a fun guy. I don't know who relieves him.

Have a wonderful time. I would love to do one of those repositioning cruises again but they aren't as cheap as they used to be. And we are unwilling to book a balcony or lower. So we have other plans for the coming months.

You are lucky to have a dad still, too. I'm excited for you, Raina. :) It's time for some fun JD time. ;)

Gina

I'm so happy to find this thread!!

I'll be on the Radiance out of Anchorage/Seward next year with the Great Alaskan Running Cruise (nobody freak out...we're only around 100 people so not a huge group). I've been assigned to stateroom 3102.

Will definitely be reading my way through this thread over the next couple of days! :)

WOW! It's been so long. I didn't realize this thread got buried that long ago.

I don't know who the barman is in the lounge but you know exactly who the concierge is. :D

Today was Capt. Sindre's last day with the company. He will disembark the ship tomorrow and move on with his life. You may have read about it already. We will miss him so much. We met him in 2007 when he was staff captain on Radiance. And we were there for his first cruise as Master of the ship out of Tampa.

The maitre'd Vikram has been promoted to Restaurant Operations Manager and he is now on Liberty of the Seas along with Jeanie. I'm not sure who is on board in that capacity right now. It might be Seamus who is a fun guy. I don't know who relieves him.

Have a wonderful time. I would love to do one of those repositioning cruises again but they aren't as cheap as they used to be. And we are unwilling to book a balcony or lower. So we have other plans for the coming months.

You are lucky to have a dad still, too. I'm excited for you, Raina. :) It's time for some fun JD time. ;)

Gina

You are so correct Gina. I must be the luckiest person. To be 56 and doing international travel with my 89 yo Dad is amazing. (and to top it off, 24yo DD is meeting us in Tahiti for the last 2 weeks. Last year of her second degree so this will squeeze into the holidays!)

And then to have JD who makes Dad's time so wonderful!:D ANd mine!

Capt Sindre will be so missed. He was amazing. But Marcus and family will love it! But he will surly be missed in the CL.

Vikrum will also be missed. He was lovely.

I'm getting excited.

Raina

I'm so happy to find this thread!!

I'll be on the Radiance out of Anchorage/Seward next year with the Great Alaskan Running Cruise (nobody freak out...we're only around 100 people so not a huge group). I've been assigned to stateroom 3102.

Will definitely be reading my way through this thread over the next couple of days! :)

What sort of running will you be doing? Or is it just the group name but no running on the cruise?

Gina

What sort of running will you be doing? Or is it just the group name but no running on the cruise?

Gina

We will be doing a deck race and then races in each port (maybe not one...that's still unclear yet). Everything from 3 miles to a half marathon. :) We did it this year on the Westerdam (they've been doing it for about 7 years...they do a Caribbean Island one in the winter, but that conflicts with school - I teach).

We will be doing a deck race and then races in each port (maybe not one...that's still unclear yet). Everything from 3 miles to a half marathon. :) We did it this year on the Westerdam (they've been doing it for about 7 years...they do a Caribbean Island one in the winter, but that conflicts with school - I teach).

I love running the port in Alaska. The difficult port is Icy Straight Point. I think it would be a nice run, but the tender is the problem. I don't want to get off, run and get sweaty and then have to tender back to shower and change and then have a longer wait for the tender back.

No, I never went 13 miles either. But I love the cool weather for running in the summer.

Caribbean in the summer would be horrible so I can see why they only do it in the winter.

I look forward to hearing about your cruise next year. Come back and tell us about it.

Gina

I love running the port in Alaska. The difficult port is Icy Straight Point. I think it would be a nice run, but the tender is the problem. I don't want to get off, run and get sweaty and then have to tender back to shower and change and then have a longer wait for the tender back.

No, I never went 13 miles either. But I love the cool weather for running in the summer.

Caribbean in the summer would be horrible so I can see why they only do it in the winter.

I look forward to hearing about your cruise next year. Come back and tell us about it.

Gina

That's the one I'm not sure of. Verbal indication this year was that it would be a free day, but I could have heard wrong. The posted itinerary shows runs in each port, which would total more than marathon distance (used to be the Great Alaskan Marathon Cruise, but this year they had a total distance half option - I've done 4 fulls, but wanted to do whale watching and stuff so I opted for shorter this time). We tendered in Sitka this year - that was our "find 4 points on the map and get pictures as assigned" Amazing Race. :)

Will definitely do a report!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just posted on the "Capt Sindre is leaving us" thread as I hadn't reviewed this thread yet...

Can anyone remind me the name of the Staff Capt, female from Vancouver, around the Dec 2012 time frame?

Is her name Wendy? Can't remember the last name.

Linda (and C.D.)

I just posted on the "Capt Sindre is leaving us" thread as I hadn't reviewed this thread yet...

Can anyone remind me the name of the Staff Capt, female from Vancouver, around the Dec 2012 time frame?

Is her name Wendy? Can't remember the last name.

Linda (and C.D.)

Yes, Wendy Williams I think? Lives on Vancouver Island now.