Some people amaze me

IDK- if this re- post is the whole thing, I think it's legit. I think it would be a nightmare to be on Oasis or Allure with toddlers. It's advertised as kid friendly, and these folks paid handsomely (even if the tip # is in dispute) and clearly didn't understand how to access their extra benefits. ( are suite guest seating areas in theaters marked well, do waiters and staff direct gold card members to them when they check in at the theater?) Obviously, they didnt know to ask the concierge or their steward to find out where to access those benefits.

I imagine they were overwhelmed- and I totally agree about parades- it's a free for all I don't enjoy; I can't imagine how I'd feel if I were 2 feet tall. And it's just pure silliness to suggest that a two year old should be able to stand on the promenade for 40 minutes before a parade. These folks paid big money- they should have a designated area to view the parades and shows as promised.

We may be "loyal to Royal" but these folks don't sound like cranks or trolls to me. It's tough to take any vaca with bitty kids and the service level was not there for them, so that leaves a bad feeling. Doesn't mean it's not a great vacation for someone else. It just wasn't for them. It's ok, folks... If everyone loved Royal we wouldn't get those price drops;)

My husband and I had Aqua Suite #10330 on the 9/3/11 sailing. I am looking at our booking confirmation and we were charged $97.30 each for the week. This suite holds 8 tops. That would only come to $778.40 if filled to capacity. I think that part of the posting was incorrect.

We loved the suite especially the balcony. These suites have dinning tables so we ordered room service several times and had our meals in the suite. We also had booked MTD and our gratuities were paid prior to boarding but that is the way we prefer to handle this. We like for that part to be taken care of and then we just tip in cash for room service etc.

For the tips... As others suggested, maybe they got double charged? up front then on their shipboard account or they handed out envelopes? Maybe they are including all the tips from all of the bar bills? Maybe they are counting the entire upcharg efor specialty restaurants as the tip (I see many people say "The cover charge is the tip")

hard to say.. But odd they posted nothing here.

We also experienced long waits for face painting and balloon animals due to ADULTS in the lines.

Oh oh ... that might have been us in line, saying we were children at heart. One guy got the batman face painted and came to dinner that way.

To be honest, I had the same issue with the parades and couldnt see a thing and it was frustrating .. but the OP blamed it on adults in the way of children.

Seems to be the OP in the thread quoted thinks children should get special lines .. I disagree, but then I am not cruising with children.

I don't understand why some people find it necessary to try to foment disharmony and create turmoil.

Yeah, some people truly amaze me. :rolleyes:

You complain about people doing exactly the same thing that you are doing....

Yeah, some people truly amaze me! :rolleyes:

Oh oh ... that might have been us in line, saying we were children at heart. One guy got the batman face painted and came to dinner that way.

To be honest, I had the same issue with the parades and couldnt see a thing and it was frustrating .. but the OP blamed it on adults in the way of children.

Seems to be the OP in the thread quoted thinks children should get special lines .. I disagree, but then I am not cruising with children.

Do like most parents would, put the little one on dads shoulders.

Yeah, some people amaze me, too.

Especially RCL loyalists who troll the Carnival board for the sole purpose of making derogatory comments about CCL.

I'd post more examples, but many of your other derogatory comments about Carnival are in threads that have been locked because they devolved into nothing but back-and-forth sniping. Big surprise.

I don't understand why some people find it necessary to try to foment disharmony and create turmoil.

All I can say is WOW!

Especially RCL loyalists who troll the Carnival board for the sole purpose of making derogatory comments about CCL.

I'd post more examples, but many of your other derogatory comments about Carnival are in threads that have been locked because they devolved into nothing but back-and-forth sniping. Big surprise.

Perhaps I missed something. How did the Op bash CCL by posting this? Again, maybe I have have completely misunderstood, but this looked more like a shot at the RCI cruiser who made the review. Where is the derogatory comment against CCL? :confused:

I read it and it states clearly that they did not know the tips were pre-paid so yes, they tiped again.

Seems they were not happy with the suite perks and I really can not blame them. It has been known for quite some time Royal lacks in this department. Even many here on this forum always say 'you pay for space'.

I also read nothing that took a slap at Carnival.

Review was given from a suite guest perspective. I don't know what was so bad about it.:confused:

I read it and it states clearly that they did not know the tips were pre-paid so yes, they tiped again.

Seems they were not happy with the suite perks and I really can not blame them. It has been known for quite some time Royal lacks in this department. Even many here on this forum always say 'you pay for space'.

I also read nothing that took a slap at Carnival.

Review was given from a suite guest perspective. I don't know what was so bad about it.:confused:

Well, there you go..That's how you get to approx $1400.

When the cabin is $15,000, paid before you see the ship, who notices the extra $700? ;)

Yeah, this is the sad state of affairs for some folks on Cruise Critic... I've said it before, God forbid someone post a negative review about a cruise line here, they get called names (my favorite, of course, troll....) and get their posts picked apart.

It's sad - but there are a lot of keyboard warriors on the message boards.

That said, I'll happily take the guys Aqua Suite next time and buy him and his while family tickets to Disney. :D :p

-germ

People who buy those suites pay big money and lots of others have complained about the lack of perks. Royal is cheap in some ways.

The value is better when you don't buy a suite. Maybe it's because expectations are not as high.

I agree with this. We did our research and price compared a regular balcony room with the suite and decided that for our family it wasn't worth the extra money to get a suite. 2 minutes of research brought me to that conclusion. Sounds like OP just didn't take those two minutes out of their day to figure that out for themselves. If you want those suite perks, go elsewhere. But I found the balconies and oceanview rooms to be a HUGE deal! Hence why we chose RCI over all of our other options.

I agree with this. We did our research and price compared a regular balcony room with the suite and decided that for our family it wasn't worth the extra money to get a suite. 2 minutes of research brought me to that conclusion. Sounds like OP just didn't take those two minutes out of their day to figure that out for themselves. If you want those suite perks, go elsewhere. But I found the balconies and oceanview rooms to be a HUGE deal! Hence why we chose RCI over all of our other options.

well, it's clear lots of people are still chosing to get suites on RCI.The ships wouldn't have all of those fancy suites if they didn't sell. I bet the TOP suites are probably alway booked on every cruise and probably book up pretty far out in advance.

well, it's clear lots of people are still chosing to get suites on RCI.The ships wouldn't have all of those fancy suites if they didn't sell. I bet the TOP suites are probably alway booked on every cruise and probably book up pretty far out in advance.

Not the case with the Crown Lofts on the Allure and Oasis. I would guess, and it is just a guess, that they give as many upgrades to those suites as they sell.

I was in a CL suite last week and 99% of what this person has said, is true. The "prime seating" for the aqua show was the 3 rows of wooden benches in the front that nobody wanted to sit in anyway. The fruits and snacks they brought to the rooms were few and far between, there was no specialty restaurant "voucher" either. Basically all you get is the late night fee waiver for room service.

I wanted the room anyway... was it nice? Yes. Will I do it again? NO, it's not really worth it.

Especially RCL loyalists who troll the Carnival board for the sole purpose of making derogatory comments about CCL.I'd post more examples, but many of your other derogatory comments about Carnival are in threads that have been locked because they devolved into nothing but back-and-forth sniping. Big surprise.

So you feel it is necessary to become one and the same and post your derogatory comments here?:rolleyes:

Spending that kind of money I'd do a bit more research before and know what I was getting. Suite perks may not be the best in the industry but they are clearly available on the website. and if dealing with a TA I would certainly expect to know what I was spending that kind of money for.

Bottom line, instead of posting about what I thought i was getting but didn't get, I'd advise before purchasing next cruise ask some questions about what to expect. CC is an excellent planning resource...its a bit harder to get sympathy when most posters here are loyal and happy customers.

Know what you're buying...no disappointments if everything delivered was what was promised. While I can't imagine double tipping I know a lot of people tip for drinks when the gratuity is already added to the tab.

Not true at all. They actually hold a raffle during the cruise to give them away.

Spending that kind of money I'd do a bit more research before and know what I was getting. Suite perks may not be the best in the industry but they are clearly available on the website. and if dealing with a TA I would certainly expect to know what I was spending that kind of money for.

Bottom line, instead of posting about what I thought i was getting but didn't get, I'd advise before purchasing next cruise ask some questions about what to expect. CC is an excellent planning resource...its a bit harder to get sympathy when most posters here are loyal and happy customers.

Know what you're buying...no disappointments if everything delivered was what was promised. While I can't imagine double tipping I know a lot of people tip for drinks when the gratuity is already added to the tab.

I thought they embelished their perks a tad, especially the seating for the shows. I'm not complaining at all, but they might as well get rid of the perks all together and just say if you want the bigger room, pay for it. It is what it is.

We are booked in an ATS for our upcoming Allure cruise and have fully researched the suite perks and the suite itself before booking it. We fully understand that RCI suite perks are not comparable to other lines, but for us it is the ship and the suite itself. I agree with many of the previous posters, when spending that much money some research should be done!!! Who buys something for $15,000 without any research???

Archived