Pinnacle Grill Price?

mabert

I haven't been on HAL since April. I could have sworn the Pinnacle Grill was $20 (before 3 star discount-which made it $15). I just looked online to book for my October cruise and the price is $25.

Did they raise the rate? Or is it because I am trying to book online?

Sorry if this has been addressed earlier I haven't been here for a while.

Cheers,

Miriam

• 1 month later...

Couple of questions about advance booking Pinnacle Grill. Am I correct in assuming you are charged up front if you advance book the PG? If so, can you cancel once you embark? Also, how do they apply the 25% discount for 3 star mariners - I would be booking for two couples, one of which is 3 star?

Couple of questions about advance booking Pinnacle Grill. Am I correct in assuming you are charged up front if you advance book the PG? If so, can you cancel once you embark? Also, how do they apply the 25% discount for 3 star mariners - I would be booking for two couples, one of which is 3 star?

Yes, you pay fill price in advance for each person. While I am not certain, the Mariner Discount (25% or 50%) only goes to those that qualify. Even if it is the three star making the reservation, I don't think the discount applies to others in the group.

The prepaid amount appears as a credit balance on you on-board account(ie. -$100.00 charge) and then the cost of the dinners (say 2@ $18.75 and 2@ $25) is applied to the on-board account... leaving you with a on-board credit of $12.50.

If you cancel the dinner, you end up with an on-board account credit of the original full payment ($100).

This has been my experience. Hope it is correct and helps you out.

When you get to your cabin you will find a confrmation card. Take the card with you to the Pinnacle when you go and ask the person at the podium to apply the discount to your onboard account.

You do have to pay upfront when you book online but I have never had a problem with getting the discount applied.

I have never had to cancel so I cannot help with that question, however, I would suspect that it would not be a problem. I am sure there are others with a definite answer for you.

Yes -- when you book the Pinnacle in advance -- it is charged to your credit card right away.

Yes -- if you change your mind and cancel once on the ship -- the refund will appear on your shipboard account as shipboard credit. It is not credited back to your charge card.

Since you are not 3 stars and the reservation is in your name -- I am not certain how they will handle the discount once you have eaten there. I know that since this new program started we have reminded the Pinnacle manager about our discount and we still have to fight to get it. Some people don't have problems -- but some of us do.

I, for one, am glad this thread was started because it provides info I haven't seen before, thanks to Sapper1 and LoveHAL. I booked PG dinners for the 3 of us, one of whom is 3 star, 2 are 2 star. Now I know how to handle this onboard (and hopefully won't have the same experience as KK).

I, for one, am glad this thread was started because it provides info I haven't seen before, thanks to Sapper1 and LoveHAL. I booked PG dinners for the 3 of us, one of whom is 3 star, 2 are 2 star. Now I know how to handle this onboard (and hopefully won't have the same experience as KK).

Spme of the Pinnacle managers we have had lately have not been that great.

We tell them that we are 4 star Mariner's (which they can see on their computers) when we had them our prepaid dinner card and remind them that we are entitled to the 50% credit -- and they just look at us like we are nuts.

We wait a couple of days -- check our bill -- and then have the concierges straightened out everything.

X raised their prices too -- $40 a person.

$40 pp what is X doing? :eek::eek: Our Last X cruise was 2 years ago with my elderly parents who are lifetime time X fans so we took them to the specialty restaurant and the food was disappointing just barley better than the MDR food. At $40 that's about what you would pay at a land based place for what we were served. BTW that was our first and last X cruise. It was so disappointing after having been on HAL before. Makes $25pp for the PG a real bargain.:)

When it works.... :rolleyes:

It works only when it's used as previous poster Globaliser noted.

Too bad you couldn't get paid for saying that. You'd be rich.

More people using CC search is all I'm trying to do, though it's a good thought. ;)

Even if it is the three star making the reservation, I don't think the discount applies to others in the group..
Correct. I made reservations (and paid) for four for the N.A. Tamarind, two of which were on their first HAL cruise. The night of the dinner the manger essentially cancelled the original reservation and billed each room separately, giving me a credit of $37.50 and charging them $30. Or I could have let the original payment stand and gotten no discount.

Archived