Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Sherrie, that's so funny. My DIL says the same thing about me & my shoes! And I'm "training" my darling granddaughter to take after me! She always wants to go to the mall with me! :D In fact I just bought her a new pair of "silver ballet flats" for her to wear to the "Daddy Daughter Dance" in 2 wks. !

That is so sweet....I only get to see mine a couple times each year. She went to her first "Father Daughter Dance" last year. I sent her a little dress that had "pink ballet slippers on the front" along with a tights and a little pair of black slippers. She was so excited to be going to a dance with her Daddy.

Now her little brother, he could care less about shoes!:D It's nice, I get to buy toys for Cole like I bought for his Daddy, and then I get to buy little girl things that I never had the chance to buy. Best of both worlds!;):)

I so much would love to have a granddaughter - I keep seeing so many beautiful clothes that I would love to buy. I do have the most amazing grandson that is 2 and is just so smart and wonderful!

I remember when my DD went to the father/daughter dance every year growing up - we always got her a dress and she and her dad had the best time ... She's going to be 29 next week - time goes by too quickly. Jan

Hi, beautiful dress, I am first time cruiser and have a couple of strapless dresses I am taking, is the dining room going to be cold (air conditioned) and therefore should I take a wrap/jacket to cover my shoulders, am going in couple of weeks to carribean, love this thread btw!!

Hi, beautiful dress, I am first time cruiser and have a couple of strapless dresses I am taking, is the dining room going to be cold (air conditioned) and therefore should I take a wrap/jacket to cover my shoulders, am going in couple of weeks to carribean, love this thread btw!!

Hi Wendy, welcome to Cruise Critic! It does tend to be chilly in the dining room and public areas of the ship. I like to bring a pretty pashmina/wrap or a cardigan with me to keep warm. Happy sailing :)

Hi ladies! I'm new to this thread (not new to CC) and I've enjoyed looking at all the dresses. Though it has me concerned I won't be dressed up enough for our Carnival cruise that leaves SUNDAY!! I ordered a beautiful sheath dress from Ann Taylor and it came in yesterday and it's too tight across my hips and thighs. :mad:

So now I'm in a panic since I leave in 3 days and there aren't a lot of places to shop in my town without driving 90 minutes to a big city. With a 2 year old, that's just not an option. I do have 2 options though...I have this dress in navy.

br813472-06vliv01.jpg

I also have a blue, one--shoulder bridesmaid dress that I can cut to cocktail length. If I leave it long, it screams "Bridesmaid dress!!!" This is the one-shoulder dress that I have in a royal blue color.

374_bill_levkoff_bridesmaid_dress_primary.jpg

I'm going to look at Target after work today to see if they have anything cute that would work for a cocktail/party dress.

HELP!:eek:

Edited by aggie_gal

Hi ladies! I'm new to this thread (not new to CC) and I've enjoyed looking at all the dresses. Though it has me concerned I won't be dressed up enough for our Carnival cruise that leaves SUNDAY!! I ordered a beautiful sheath dress from Ann Taylor and it came in yesterday and it's too tight across my hips and thighs. :mad:

So now I'm in a panic since I leave in 3 days and there aren't a lot of places to shop in my town without driving 90 minutes to a big city. With a 2 year old, that's just not an option. I do have 2 options though...I have this dress in navy.

br813472-06vliv01.jpg

I also have a blue, one--shoulder bridesmaid dress that I can cut to cocktail length. If I leave it long, it screams "Bridesmaid dress!!!" This is the one-shoulder dress that I have in a royal blue color.

374_bill_levkoff_bridesmaid_dress_primary.jpg

I'm going to look at Target after work today to see if they have anything cute that would work for a cocktail/party dress.

HELP!:eek:

I think both dresses are really pretty & the 'bridesmaid' dress will look great cut off. I bought one for our July 1st cruise that is very similar and it's cocktail length. (How lucky you are that you are able to cut off the dress. I can only imagine what a dress would look like if I tried to cut it off! :eek:)

On a side note, I'm from Temple & love to shop in College Station (I have 2 sons that live there) so I think it's funny that you don't think there is any 'good places' to shop. To me, Y'all have everything! Perspective is an 'interesting' thing! LOL! :)

We have GREAT casual clothing stores and the outlet mall in Cypress is only 1 hour away. However, when it comes to formal wear, I just don't feel like I have many choices. Plus, I am CHEAP. Ha! I actually do a lot of online shopping because I'm almost 5'10". It's quite a challenge to find pants and even some shirts that are long enough. As for the bridesmaid dress, my mom and grandmother are both seamstresses and I'm going to see them Saturday. Nothing like cutting it close! My other "elegant night" dress is a plain and simple black sheath dress that I'll dress up with pearls. I'm leaning towards making the bridesmaid dress shorter instead of the navy banana republic dress because that was my intention when I picked it out...that I can shorten it!

I also have 2 sons. However, I now have 6 granddaughters ranging in age from 3 yr old twins up to a 14 yr old who really takes after me :)

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ROSS.....only problem is, the nearest one is about 175 miles away.....and then there is one that is even further away, but I go right by it when I go to the grand kids house in TX.

As far as the dining room being cool/cold......I was on Carnival Conquest on Nov 27-Dec 4 and IMO it was HOT EVERYWHERE....our cabin was really bad.....but according to mant...up to Carnival's standards.....worst cruise I have ever been on....

I too only had 2 sons, then 3 grandsons and FINALLY a girl who is now 6 yrs. old & just the light of my life! :D Of course I love my grandsons just as much (27, 23, & 8 yrs. old) but there's just nothing like having a wee girl to shop for!:) Just wish I was going to be here to see her go to the dance with her Daddy (my son) but I made him promise to take LOADS of pictures (we will still be on our cruise).

Must run, have to pack some more.

Oh, I think that dress that you want to cut will look great. I love those one shoulder dress's but I'm always afraid I'll be cold on the ship!

We have GREAT casual clothing stores and the outlet mall in Cypress is only 1 hour away. However, when it comes to formal wear, I just don't feel like I have many choices. Plus, I am CHEAP. Ha! I actually do a lot of online shopping because I'm almost 5'10". It's quite a challenge to find pants and even some shirts that are long enough. As for the bridesmaid dress, my mom and grandmother are both seamstresses and I'm going to see them Saturday. Nothing like cutting it close! My other "elegant night" dress is a plain and simple black sheath dress that I'll dress up with pearls. I'm leaning towards making the bridesmaid dress shorter instead of the navy banana republic dress because that was my intention when I picked it out...that I can shorten it!

It sounds like you have a plan! I bet you look GREAT in both! I hope you enjoy your cruise! :)

I bought this dress on sale (though not for the $14 it's listed at right now online, gotta go find my receipt!) in December, and I plan on wearing it for one of the formal nights.

I have several inexpensive lightweight dresses that would be great for the non-formal nights (and a couple might make good cover-ups) but I do need 2 more formal night outfits.

Happy Saturday ladies! My purple dress arrived today. It fits nicely, I think I'll have to have the straps shortened a little bit, but otherwise it fits like a glove :)

My cruise will have a white party on the pool deck one night, and I've been looking for a white casual dress for weeks. I finally found it. So happy because it has some warm tones to it- white tends to wash me out a little:

SG578WH.10-1?$ProductPage380x532$

Bought it here for just $15! So excited.

Edited by Host Faith

Happy Saturday ladies! My purple dress arrived today. It fits nicely, I think I'll have to have the straps shortened a little bit, but otherwise it fits like a glove :)

My cruise will have a white party on the pool deck one night, and I've been looking for a white casual dress for weeks. I finally found it. So happy because it has some warm tones to it- white tends to wash me out a little:

SG578WH.10-1?$ProductPage380x532$

Bought it here for just $15! So excited.

Very cute! please post pix when it comes in! when are you leaving in March?

Host Faith - Such a pretty dress! and great price too. We will be going on NCL in September and they have the white hot party (or something like that) -- I own nothing in white - guess I'll have to go shopping! :D Jan

Thank you! I like the idea of the white party, I've never been to one before. It took such a long time to find something to wear though. Cruises are a great excuse to go shopping! :)I did notice a lot of cute dresses on eBay. In fact, I found one for my best friend that's very stylish.

Hey Faith,

Like the dress and I know you'll look cute in it. I have a white night as well on an upcoming cruise and I am just not sure which direction to go... dress or pants. Anyway the hunt is on. Whew.:p

Thank you so much! I can't wait to try it on. I got a dress since I love wearing dresses, and there's not much of a need for me to wear them to work- especially in this cold NJ weather! Happy shopping, I'm sure you'll find something great.

Very cute! please post pix when it comes in! when are you leaving in March?

Thanks! We're on the March 8th sailing, so we're leaving for Ft. Lauderdale on the 7th. :D

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Time to ask for your advice.....:) I'm already debating whether to wear the new red gown or the new black gown for the Sweetheart Ball. I just want to make sure that I have everything picked out for each dress, and then I can always decide at the last minute.

If I wear the red dress, should I go with gloves, and if so what color, black or white? After that I need to decide on jewelry...I usually don't wear long earrings, but I just had my hair cut a little shorter than usual....WHAT WAS I THINKING?:eek: Anyway hopefully it will grow a little over the next two weeks, but I'm thinking that I may just need to go and purchase some really gorgeous long earrings.... Open to all your suggestions...:)

I did have this dress altered to be a one shouldered dress....I haven't taken any photos yet, so maybe that is something else to consider with the gloves, and jewelry. I don't want to be "overdone"!:D

!B674YugCWk~$(KGrHqIOKpYEy+jCw8SGBMywn0NkVg~~0_12.JPG

Hmmm...too bad you don't have red gloves. Va, va, va, voom! But I'd go with the white.

I didn't think you liked longer earrings? But go for something flashy. Maybe a bracelet too. :D (Drew is going to kill me!) Love ya!

I like to think of myself as as being a "young" 50 year old. Do you think this dress looks suitable or too warm for a Caribbean cruise in mid-May?

I really enjoy looking at everyone's dresses and the wonderful comments from the ladies.

_6572727.jpg

Hmmm...too bad you don't have red gloves. Va, va, va, voom! But I'd go with the white.

I didn't think you liked longer earrings? But go for something flashy. Maybe a bracelet too. :D (Drew is going to kill me!) Love ya!

Mmmm, Joyce,..must be a conspiracy.....Drew mentioned red gloves today!:rolleyes: I guess I could take the dress over to the mall and see if I could find red....I know it's getting late and not sure I would get the right color red if I order online. I like the idea of white for Valentine's with the red....right now I really don't have any tan, so not sure about that.

I love to see long earrings on other people.....I'm just not crazy about them on me....of course if Drew happens to see this post and should go shopping....well who am I to say I wont wear long earrings?:rolleyes:;):D

Can't go tomorrow as we are going to a concert tomorrow night, but I can zip around on Thursday and see what I can do about gloves. That won't be too difficult, I think we only have one store in this town that would carry long evening gloves!:rolleyes:

I like to think of myself as as being a "young" 50 year old. Do you think this dress looks suitable or too warm for a Caribbean cruise in mid-May?

I really enjoy looking at everyone's dresses and the wonderful comments from the ladies.

_6572727.jpg

It's very pretty and elegant....as far as the longer sleeves, it is usually cool on the ships in the evening...I always have to have a wrap, so I think you would be fine.

Drews Wife...I have seen your posts regarding the dresses you have ordered from the lady on ebay. How long does it typically take to get the dress once you have ordered it? I am very tempted to order one, but am waiting for her to have a sale. It sounds like you are happy with the quality of the dresses.