Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Love it!! Can the "train" be taken off easily? Not a big fan of trains...Thanks

I had no idea the dress had a train until you mentioned it. The train is negligible. It is like an extra 2-3 inches of fabric.

royalcruz - I love your Prohibition costume!

I had no idea the dress had a train until you mentioned it. The train is negligible. It is like an extra 2-3 inches of fabric

Ok, that sounds good. Thanks. I also found a couple more that I liked from the same place. I am waiting on one that I won off ebay. If it doesn't fit, or look right or whatever, I will order from this website. Thanks again for sharing

I just ordered this dress although I'm not convinced it will get here in time for my cruise. I hate showing my arms so I'm always looking for a dress with sleeves. I have a black & white formal in January so if this doesn't get here in time, I can wear it then!

Polina.jpg.3ed86fd83bbb7b1296a5086334a5db9f.jpg

Edited by JetSet2B

mkxp1TC37b_ZMELx0c33f5g.jpgThought about getting this dress for cruise in January...for formal night. Its a 4 day cruise on Carnival to Ensenada and having taken this cruise last year from what people wore it's dressy enough for a formal night on that cruise.I love the long, elegant gowns but seems like everyone I saw on this cruise sticks to cocktail dresses....thoughts?

mkxp1TC37b_ZMELx0c33f5g.jpgThought about getting this dress for cruise in January...for formal night. Its a 4 day cruise on Carnival to Ensenada and having taken this cruise last year from what people wore it's dressy enough for a formal night on that cruise.I love the long, elegant gowns but seems like everyone I saw on this cruise sticks to cocktail dresses....thoughts?

beautiful dress. I have an elbow length version from Asos. I think it's a great choice for a cruise and it will pack well so no real worries about wrinkles. You can dress it up even more with accessories.

I recently saw this in a magazine where they showed the designer version and a more reasonable version and they both looked gorgeous. I can't remember which stars were wearing it but I love it!

I just ordered this dress although I'm not convinced it will get here in time for my cruise. I hate showing my arms so I'm always looking for a dress with sleeves. I have a black & white formal in January so if this doesn't get here in time, I can wear it then!

Very pretty and modest!

I recently saw this in a magazine where they showed the designer version and a more reasonable version and they both looked gorgeous. I can't remember which stars were wearing it but I love it!

Thanks ladies! I thought it was really cute too...def NOT buying the designer version LOL....found a "knock off" on ebay....only thing is I always buy blsck dresses...try to venture out to other colors but just love LBD's....thanks again...

I have just caught up on a few pages once again and it goes without saying that I love all the dresses but I just had to ask : -

Does anyone else get tingles of excitement when they see the photos that have been taken on a ship somewhere sometime?? Just to see the gorgeous interiors, sweeping staircases, a peek of a cabin, balcony or deck? Aah roll on March! :D

A boatload!:D Seriously way too many and I keep telling Drew that I am going to start getting rid of some of them...I know there are over a dozen evening gowns and proabably twice that many cocktail dresses.

The good thing' date=' I never pay really high prices for dresses to wear on cruises. We love having the photos on the cruises, and this way I can justify buying more.:rolleyes:;)[/b']

I really do plan to weed some things from my closet once things slow down at work for the Summer. I really need the space. A couple years ago, I changed all the hangers in our closets to the space savers! Thank goodness for that...I love them...so much more room for dresses! :D

May I ask which,ebay,site,you get the dresses,from, thanks Karen

Does anyone else get tingles of excitement when they see the photos that have been taken on a ship somewhere sometime?? Just to see the gorgeous interiors, sweeping staircases, a peek of a cabin, balcony or deck? Aah roll on March! :D

I understand completely!:) This year we are taking our DS, DDIL & DGS on their first cruise ... I've been showing them pictures of the ship!!!! Enjoy your cruise in March. Jan

You'll first need a photo hosting website. I use photobucket. Create an account, then hit the upload button and select the photo(s) you want to upload using the browse button. Once the photos upload, go to your library and you should see the photos there. On the photo, click the little wheel in the top righthand corner and select "Get media links" from the drop down menu. Then copy the IMG file on the bottom. I can copy it simply by left-clicking with my mouse using IE. Paste it here in the "reply" box. Here are the chefs from our Chef's Table experience on Carnival Splendor. :)

100_0578_zps638b5e35.jpg

OR....after uploading all your photos into Photobucket (I use this one also) all you need to do is click on the photo you want to put on here (or most anywhere)....once the photo "opens" on the right hand side where all the tags are, just copy & paste the one that says.....IMG CODE......

May I ask which,ebay,site,you get the dresses,from, thanks Karen

Here are the links to her website. I have used another one, but I prefer this one...She is always so nice and the customer service is great. Hope you find something you like...

Let me know if this doesn't work and I will try to post the link again..

My Ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com/eveningdress-garden?_rdc=1

My Website: http://www.qqdress.com

I just got off the Carnival Dream, and nobody really dressed too formal on the two formal nights? I even saw a guy in there with blue jeans on - so evidently, they don't enforce a dress code in the "Scarlett" dining room?

The 2 times that I have sailed on Carnival, I haven't seen anything "enforced"....including screaming kids running and acting like hellions....

The 2 times that I have sailed on Carnival, I haven't seen anything "enforced"....including screaming kids running and acting like hellions....

You should have put a spew alert on your reply!!! Never sailed on Carnival so think those hellions must travel a lot on other ships..............

yeah, that too - I never saw a hot tub that wasn't full of kids, and I never saw a vacant chair at the pool, reguardless of the signs stating that they "monitered" the towels, and picked them up every 40 minutes. My son's girlfriend sat in a pool chair next to a "saved" chair, and the chair was saved and never occupied from 8:30 a.m. til 3:00 p.m. The guy finally showed up at 3, and sat there for 15 minutes, and left again. Honestly, I've never been one to complain, but there was plenty to complain about on my recent cruise unfortunately :( (sorry to get off subject everybody!)

Edited by wrcjr98

You should have put a spew alert on your reply!!! Never sailed on Carnival so think those hellions must travel a lot on other ships..............

I have gotten to where I will tell a crew member and that usually does the trick.

yeah, that too - I never saw a hot tub that wasn't full of kids, and I never saw a vacant chair at the pool, reguardless of the signs stating that they "monitered" the towels, and picked them up every 40 minutes. My son's girlfriend sat in a pool chair next to a "saved" chair, and the chair was saved and never occupied from 8:30 a.m. til 3:00 p.m. The guy finally showed up at 3, and sat there for 15 minutes, and left again. Honestly, I've never been one to complain, but there was plenty to complain about on my recent cruise unfortunately :( (sorry to get off subject everybody!)

Yeah, that really pisses me off when the hot tubs are full of kids. Don't these stupid parents know that hot tubs are bad for small kids? On NCL, they have hot tubs that kids are not allowed in....if there is a kid in it, the crew does enforce the no kid rule and make them get out. I never have a problem finding a deck chair, but then again, I am not a "sun" person. But, if I am looking for one, I will watch and see if anyone shows up...after 30 minutes, the stuff "saving" the chair gets moved to the "manned towel station"....I raised 2 boys and mine NEVER acted like some of the kids I have seen on the ships. I am a BIG fan of the transatlantic cruises since there are fewer children on them.

The WORST cruise I ever had was in Nov 2011 on the Carnival Conquest out of New Orleans. Because of this and mainly because no matter when I book a Carnival cruise, my "solo" price is ALWAYS double....I will not sail on Carnival again...My choice.....

Sorry about the rant.....now back to clothes....LOL

The green dress that I ordered and thought was so beautiful, came yesterday. (I had the shipment delayed since I was going to be gone). The dress is beautiful. However, I did not like the way the bodice fit....it didn't "sit" under the boobs the way that it should have, so I will be sending it back :(

Edited by arhillbilly