Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I hope this link works, it just came yesterday and I LOVE it!! It was so inexpensive. It had no wrinkles at all when I took it out of the package. It is very light so will pack well.

[url]http://www.amazon.com/MontyQ-Summer-Holiday-Evening-Empire/dp/B008MN7M8A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357814600&sr=8-2&keywords=montyq+dress[/url]

I loved it so much that I ordered another color this morning:

[url]http://www.amazon.com/MontyQ-Summer-Holiday-Dress-Empire/dp/B008MWLR14/ref=pd_sbs_a_1[/url]

These qualify for free shipping if the order is over 25 dollars so I just added a small item that I need anyway to get the free shipping. I would have happily paid 25 for these dresses.

:)

[attachment=201856:name]

These were our formal dresses for our Mediterranean Cruise in October. By the last formal night my younger sister couldn't quite fit into her dress (due to all those buffets I suppose) so we recycled mine. The long black dress I purchased online for $50 on eBay, sent them my measurements and it fit like a charm. It's hard to see the detail and rouching in the pics. The shorter black one was reused from a wedding I was in a few years ago.

[quote name='bjd2']I hope this link works, it just came yesterday and I LOVE it!! It was so inexpensive. It had no wrinkles at all when I took it out of the package. It is very light so will pack well.

[URL]http://www.amazon.com/MontyQ-Summer-Holiday-Evening-Empire/dp/B008MN7M8A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357814600&sr=8-2&keywords=montyq+dress[/URL]

I loved it so much that I ordered another color this morning:

[URL]http://www.amazon.com/MontyQ-Summer-Holiday-Dress-Empire/dp/B008MWLR14/ref=pd_sbs_a_1[/URL]

These qualify for free shipping if the order is over 25 dollars so I just added a small item that I need anyway to get the free shipping. I would have happily paid 25 for these dresses.

:)[/quote]

Wow - I love those - great that they don't wrinkle too! I never really looked at clothes on amazon - gosh - look what I've been missing!!

[ATTACH]256913[/ATTACH][ATTACH]256914[/ATTACH]

These were our formal dresses for our Mediterranean Cruise in October. By the last formal night my younger sister couldn't quite fit into her dress (due to all those buffets I suppose) so we recycled mine. The long black dress I purchased online for $50 on eBay, sent them my measurements and it fit like a charm. It's hard to see the detail and rouching in the pics. The shorter black one was reused from a wedding I was in a few years ago.

You all three look beautiful - boy - I bet that was a fun trip!!

Hideous? No, they ARE cute if you're a certain age. *runs to hide shoes*

Fyree, I think you and I are both "of a certain age" - and I love that you haven't let it dictate what you wear. I'm all for looking age-appropriate, I just don't want to look like my grandma. Yet. (And this in no way is an insult to those who for whatever reason can't or just don't like to wear super high heels, I say wear what you love or what works for you!)

Silverkeypad - I really like the lace dress, it is beautiful, enjoyed the colors of the other dresses ... It's nice to see all the different styles etc that everyone has posted. I've been posting on this board since 2002 and really enjoy seeing everyone's choices in clothes and accessories.

PS -- I've been looking for the perfect 40th anniversary, vow renewal dress for about the past 10 years .. did see one dress from Dillard's on this thread that would have been perfect, but alas it isn't in stock anymore, so I will keep searching - I'll post when I find it!!!:) Jan

Cute? I think they're hideous. But, to each her own.

WOW!!!:eek:

Was that really necessary? Not only out of order, but quite, quite unkind!

Did your mother not teach you this simple rule:

When you have nothing kind to say: say nothing?

It's really quite simple and in the end will save you from leaving a trail of hurt feelings!:mad:

PS -- I've been looking for the perfect 40th anniversary, vow renewal dress for about the past 10 years .. did see one dress from Dillard's on this thread that would have been perfect, but alas it isn't in stock anymore, so I will keep searching - I'll post when I find it!!!:) Jan

I frequently see great vow renewal dresses on Ideeli. At least they are perfect in my book: white and ivory cocktail dresses and gowns. They show up at least once every couple of weeks, so just keep checking the dress boutiques there. www.ideeli.com/invite/royalcats

I did not know Dillard's has a clearance center...uh-oh!!!!;)

I know of the 2 that I have shopped in and they are in Phoenix and Ashville NC. I am sure that there are many many more. The ladies on here would be able to tell you where more of them are. Great shopping.

Jan in Maine, you might check the Dillards clearance for your vow renewal dress, They have everything from street dresses to wedding gowns.

Ladies can we please put this discussion to an end about the shoes and just agree to disagree?

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Gerry

WOW!!!:eek:

Was that really necessary? Not only out of order, but quite, quite unkind!

Did your mother not teach you this simple rule:

When you have nothing kind to say: say nothing?

It's really quite simple and in the end will save you from leaving a trail of hurt feelings!:mad:

Oops....wrong thread.

Edited by susie8862
xx

Laurie is always kind and helpful to everyone. Did you not see her apology or did you choose to ignore it. Your post is just as rude....if not worse. Why people feel the need to "scold" people is beyond me.

I guess we have different definitions of 'apology'

Also, the original post should never, ever have been posted.

I stand by the rule: if you have nothing kind to say, say nothing

However, mazel for defense!

I guess we have different definitions of 'apology'

Also, the original post should never, ever have been posted.

I stand by the rule: if you have nothing kind to say, say nothing

However, mazel for defense!

Most of the posts around the subject have now been deleted.

We can all move on to brighter subjects, right?

:)

So difficult to read ALL the posts - but the dresses are so beautiful! Been admiring for days now, now I'm finally posting!

I will get one with me in it, but here is my new dress that I LOVE!!! It's navy and off-white.

8370327693_1183836126.jpg

IMG_1622 by MurpheyTX, on Flickr

I just need Navy heels, or do you think silver strappy shoes will work? I won't wear navy as much, so I don't know if I want to buy a pair for just one dress. What about jewelry? There is a sequin band in the middle that is navy, but it has a purple shimmer to it.

So difficult to read ALL the posts - but the dresses are so beautiful! Been admiring for days now, now I'm finally posting!

I will get one with me in it, but here is my new dress that I LOVE!!! It's navy and off-white.

8370327693_1183836126.jpg

IMG_1622 by MurpheyTX, on Flickr

I just need Navy heels, or do you think silver strappy shoes will work? I won't wear navy as much, so I don't know if I want to buy a pair for just one dress. What about jewelry? There is a sequin band in the middle that is navy, but it has a purple shimmer to it.

I think silver strappy sandals or silver d'orsays would be lovely.You might also be able to wear off white satin sandals~although that might look to colour-blocked. I'd probably stick to simple jewelry~perhaps pearls and simple diamond studs?

I think silver strappy sandals or silver d'orsays would be lovely.You might also be able to wear off white satin sandals~although that might look to colour-blocked. I'd probably stick to simple jewelry~perhaps pearls and simple diamond studs?

How about a pop of color? There are so many colors that would go with navy. Red, hot pink, etc. Very cute dress, you can never go wrong with navy!:)

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well and having a nice weekend. We arrived home Thursday and I'm finally unpacked...We had a wonderful time, and now I have had time to scan some pictures, I will try to share some. One of the other ladies on here, told me how to use photobucket, so we'll see!:D

First night of the cruise....

Image2060.jpg