Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

[quote name='seamist']Hey all. Been lurking for awhile and decided to post my bargains I found at dress barn. (All 3 for less than $80) I bought these for an upcoming 21 day cruise in March, and have been very excited to go shopping this time around. Over the past year and a half I managed to take off 130 lbs and for the first time in 20 years I'm back in a size 10 - whoo hoo!

I thought I would stick with cocktail dresses as these I may be able to wear again when not on a cruise ship. Now to figure out what jewelry and shoes to wear![/quote]

Seamist - congratulations on your weight loss - that's amazing!!!
what better way to celebrate than with a great deal on cute party dresses - IN SIZE 10.... and a [I]CRUISE[/I]! :D

[quote name='seamist']Hey all. Been lurking for awhile and decided to post my bargains I found at dress barn. (All 3 for less than $80) I bought these for an upcoming 21 day cruise in March, and have been very excited to go shopping this time around. Over the past year and a half I managed to take off 130 lbs and for the first time in 20 years I'm back in a size 10 - whoo hoo!

I thought I would stick with cocktail dresses as these I may be able to wear again when not on a cruise ship. Now to figure out what jewelry and shoes to wear![/quote]
Very cute dresses..I especially love the black and white one...congrats on your 130 lb loss...WTG!:)

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41cRT6hqtWL.jpg[/IMG] Meant this post for "Seamist"...found these shoes on Amazon..they r "Qupid" brand and only about 20-25 dollars.."Qupid" makes really current styles ...don't know if you like high heels or not...only thing is if you are able to walk in them! I think they are cute though! Edited by vladdyfan

I thought I would stick with cocktail dresses as these I may be able to wear again when not on a cruise ship. Now to figure out what jewelry and shoes to wear![/QUOTE]

Wow, I really like these dresses . Fantastic shape all three of them. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

[quote name='wrcjr98']I love this on you! You look totally different with your hair up too, so it is a whole new look even though it may have been the same dress! Where'd you find the dress?[/QUOTE]

It's from a shop here in the UK called Phase Eight and the bolero cardigan is from Monsoon. About as much help to you as me hearing where all your beautiful dresses come from...except now I always know where to shop when I'm in the US!!

[quote name='vladdyfan'][IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41cRT6hqtWL.jpg[/IMG] Meant this post for "Seamist"...found these shoes on Amazon..they r "Qupid" brand and only about 20-25 dollars.."Qupid" makes really current styles ...don't know if you like high heels or not...only thing is if you are able to walk in them! I think they are cute though![/QUOTE]

Thanks everyone for the comments! vladdyfan, those are very cute, but probably too high for me. I'd probably break an ankle knowing me :D Hmmmmm the hubby would probably like those though, may have to give this some further consideration....

[quote name='Armchairtravelwoman']Very nice! Where did you get the blue/green one? Unusual and very stunning on you.[/quote]

Thank you, I was hoping it didn't look too young for this old lady.
I got it at Dillards Clearance center in Phoenix. That is where I get the majority of my dresses.

[quote name='TNGALOHA']Here are the dresses I wore on our last cruise.
They are pictures of my grandson and his dad with my husband and I.[/quote]

I love the blue/green one - it's really different! Your grandson is mighty handsome too!!

WOW!! Congratulations on your weight loss! That's great! These dresses are really pretty! I love Dress Barn! (especially the clearance rack!) I think you could wear some strappy black sandals with the second two, and if you can find a silver sandal, that would look good with the first one! and as for jewelry, I think you need to treat yourself to some diamonds to celebrate your weight loss, and you can wear them with everything!!:D

[quote name='Cshgrand']It's from a shop here in the UK called Phase Eight and the bolero cardigan is from Monsoon. About as much help to you as me hearing where all your beautiful dresses come from...except now I always know where to shop when I'm in the US!![/quote]

I didn't realize your were in the UK! Dang, that's too far for me to go to copy you and get your cute dress!! lol

[IMG]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/424452_398071463543631_851071435_n.jpg[/IMG]

This is our formal pic from last year...we are all wearing cocktail dresses..nothing too outrageous ...but compared to others on this cruise we were pretty"dressed up" LOL...I thought the girls looked beautiful ...!

[quote name='wrcjr98']WOW!! Congratulations on your weight loss! That's great! These dresses are really pretty! I love Dress Barn! (especially the clearance rack!) I think you could wear some strappy black sandals with the second two, and if you can find a silver sandal, that would look good with the first one! and as for jewelry, I think you need to treat yourself to some diamonds to celebrate your weight loss, and you can wear them with everything!!:D[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Treat myself to diamonds? Oh how I love the way you think!! :D

[quote name='Sinppu']Oh yeah, that was definitely a nicer way :rolleyes:

Nevermind, Laurie. I wouldn't wear those exact shoes either, but I do have quite similar ones.
I don't remember seeing any of your choices here so I can't comment if I'd wear them or not. ;)
I hope you'll comment as honestly when someone here is wearing a dress you think is equally ugly than those shoes. That would be fair, right? :p[/quote]

I haven't seen what I consider to be a truly ugly dress here, so no, I haven't commented. And, yes, I would, if I saw something ridiculous. Most of the dresses I've seen posted are either not my style or colors that I would wear, but they're perfectly fine dresses. Haven't seen any dress equivalent to stripper heels.

I would never wear a short, sleeveless dress because I plain don't like them, and greens and browns aren't my colors for the most part. A few have been outstandingly pretty, but still not for me.

[quote name='Sinppu']I'll have to check the shoes next time I go to a stripper club and ask where they bought them then :D[/QUOTE]
Online I've seen really high clear acrylic platform shoes with a slit to put the money in. High heels mostly look stripper-ish when the woman is wearing a skirt that is shorter than her heel height. I don't want to see people's underwear or hoo-ha's every time they sit down or bend over or walk down stairs towards me.

I can't wear high heels because of flat feet that just don't bend that far, so I will just admire everyone else's' from afar.

[quote name='TNGALOHA']Thank you, I was hoping it didn't look too young for this old lady.
I got it at Dillards Clearance center in Phoenix. That is where I get the majority of my dresses.[/quote]
I love it too...the prettiest dress I've seen for a while.

Silverkeypad, I just love the pic with all your clothes on the bed, they just look so colourful.

After a lifetime of working in a Government office, when I retired I made a determined effort to buy colourful clothes, especially as we live in Spain now. For the most part I have succeeded, even anything black has to be patterned, apart from plain black trousers/skirt and my only plain black dress

Sandy in Spain