Hypnotist = Which ships?

magic&buddy

Last October we were on the Dream and saw an amazing hypnotist! We will be on the Valor at the end of the month and I am wondering if there is any chance we might see this show again.

Have others seen a Hypnotist show on any other Carnival ship?

• Like 1

I hate to burst anyone's bubble...but my nephew and son and daughter (all teenagers) all went up on stage for the hypnotist on the Spendor 3 yrs ago. My son and daughter got kicked off quickly for giggling while he was choosing. My nephew "appreared" to be serious and he kept him on stage to hypnotize. Well knowing my nephew so well we swore that he was hypnotized. They worked great together. Well when he came down off the stage later and we asked of course...he said "are you kidding? I just played along like he told me to." We all had believed he really was hynotized.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble...but my nephew and son and daughter (all teenagers) all went up on stage for the hypnotist on the Spendor 3 yrs ago. My son and daughter got kicked off quickly for giggling while he was choosing. My nephew "appreared" to be serious and he kept him on stage to hypnotize. Well knowing my nephew so well we swore that he was hypnotized. They worked great together. Well when he came down off the stage later and we asked of course...he said "are you kidding? I just played along like he told me to." We all had believed he really was hynotized.

Say it ain't so!

Hypnosis has been used in surgery, dental work, and trauma recovery. The hypnotist on the ship is an entertainer first and hypnotist second so enjoy the show, some people will be hypnotized others may just play along. I can't imagine the hypnotist calling the fakers out and embarrassing them.

But the people going up and willing to be hypnotized arent the "fakers". They go up with good intention to be hypnotized. I was more dissappointed than anyone when I realized what had happened. But you are right...they are Entertainers and he did entertain us for a while. Maybe some really do hypnotize up there and that would be awesome to see or be part of...but not this particular time.

Edited by critcatny
  • Like 1

I can't imagine the hypnotist calling the fakers out and embarrassing them.

Ahh,,, but I saw one do just that a few years ago on the Spirit...He sent 1/2 the folks on the stage packing and then came out into the audience to find those that had truly gone under... Unfortunatly my husband was one of them:eek: He really was under and he made for a good show.,

• Haha 1

• 7 years later...

I’m not sure if my Dad was really hypnotized or not but normally my Dad is so straight laced ...but the hypnotist got him to remove his shoes and socks and to think he was an artist and his feet was the canvas and the audience voted for him to use super industrial permanent markers to color his own feet.. this show was I the beginning of the cruise so you can imagine the laughs my Dad got for the entire cruise since the photo/video department recorded it and played it over and over for the entire 27 or so days.

44D435BA-2620-46AF-99A0-32847081C091.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

That is really hilarious... I wish I was on the same cruise to see that happen to your Dad live especially since he had to use industrial super permanent markers to do it which means it would have been really really tough to clean off. I'm sure he was the complete joke for the rest of that cruise and more so if the photo dept had recorded the show and played it back in an endless loop.

Edited by DaredevilDoug

Most of the 25 cruises I have been on have had a hyptomist. For those who know someone who intentionally tried to get picked to screw up the show so what. They will tell you everyone cannot be put under. You will notice he usually cuts the number down because he sees that they probably will not or that they are not serious. I had a friend that actually was put under and was hilarious. It is just a show so if you do not want to try and be serious about it why try 

12 minutes ago, jmcathome said:

Most of the 25 cruises I have been on have had a hyptomist. For those who know someone who intentionally tried to get picked to screw up the show so what. They will tell you everyone cannot be put under. You will notice he usually cuts the number down because he sees that they probably will not or that they are not serious. I had a friend that actually was put under and was hilarious. It is just a show so if you do not want to try and be serious about it why try 

I have done it a few times to see if I could be put under. I could not by either hypnotist.

Than decided it would be fun to play along and see if he will catch me. Neither did and waved to my wife periodically so she would know what was going on.

Will say that a number from both groups sure looked like they went under and did some rather strange things.

After that find the shows rather boring and these days do not go.

ROLFL .... wouldn’t you laugh AT that guy who ended up having to use industrial super permanent markers to color his own feet during the cruise ship hypnotist show and have to relive it over and over on the photo department endless loops of events or shows. Haha he must have been the joke of the entire cruise. I love how that happened to that guy and would have loved to see it live so I could laugh and point the entire time AT his hilarious looking feet LOL..... but would definitely be glad they weren’t my feet that it happened to. However he was brave to be a volunteer.

On 3/3/2019 at 6:31 AM, TickleKat1 said:

I’m not sure if my Dad was really hypnotized or not but normally my Dad is so straight laced ...but the hypnotist got him to remove his shoes and socks and to think he was an artist and his feet was the canvas and the audience voted for him to use super industrial permanent markers to color his own feet.. this show was I the beginning of the cruise so you can imagine the laughs my Dad got for the entire cruise since the photo/video department recorded it and played it over and over for the entire 27 or so days.

44D435BA-2620-46AF-99A0-32847081C091.jpeg

Yep .... I’m definitely laughing ... and more so AT her Dad for being stuck the entire cruise with hilarious looking feet. I had to repost it so it would be seen over and over and laughed at by random people and shared for more laughs !!! I’m sure it took forever to clean especially since the hypnotist got him to color  between his toes, his toenails and as it looks way past his ankles and I’m sure his soles of his feet too with those industrial super permanent markers  🤣😆

Edited by DaredevilDoug