Yes or no? Stay a couple days after the cruise?

cc waddles

We are going on the victory next summer out of San Juan. We were going to fly in the day before just as a precaution but we were also thinking of staying a couple days after. Just to unwind from a port intensive cruise. The kids are 10 and 8. Any thoughts on this?

Yes...do it...I was stationed there while in the Coast Guard and you can go to the rain forest, and visit El Morro Castle. You can find all kinds of things to see and do..and it's not too far to drive to Arecibo, where the world's largest radio telescope is located. Just do some research and stay a few days.

Just lost the wife of dear family friends my folks age and they went to Puerto Rico for a month every year for quite a few years come to think of it..they really loved the quiet side (?) and i have just been there on a cruise day stop once...I could see doing quite a bit there..especially if you get the lay of the land for safety etc. ...I think it is a great idea, life is too short on the fun stuff..and this is not too much of a good thing...Sarah

You should definitely spend a few more days in PR,but I would recommend the western part of the island where the beaches are much more nicer.Definitely the rain forest which is in the eastern part of the island but the prettier part of the island,especially the beaches are in the western part of the island. Like calicocat said the beach in Rincon(El Combate),in Aguadilla(Crashboat),in Cabo Rojo(Boqueron and Buye).All of these are some of the most beautiful beaches in the caribbean so if you can spend a few more days in PR and you've already paid the airfare:eek: stay and enjoy it!!!

An absolute yes. I'd do it in a minute if I had the time and it was in the vacation budget. We did a wonderful full seven nights / six days in San Juan -- loved it. I like staying in San Juan even more than cruising.

Qualificaton: I've never cruised out of San Juan, though. The only cruises I've been one started in Miami and Fort Lauderdale. And we do have our eye on a cruise out of San Juan as a possible future vacation (with some time in San Juan before or after).

Archived