Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

OH, MY GOLLY!!! YOU are REALLY GOOD!!! THANKS SOOO MUCH!!!:) Do you have any more photos of E 300 or E 301??? The photo you just sent made us "assured" that we can live with this type of a view, rather than a totally nothing-view!!! If you have any more photos of these rooms, Would GREATLY appreciate seeing them, for sure!!! Again, MANY THANKS!!! Rusty & Judy

OH, MY GOLLY!!! YOU are REALLY GOOD!!! THANKS SOOO MUCH!!!:) Do you have any more photos of E 300 or E 301??? The photo you just sent made us "assured" that we can live with this type of a view, rather than a totally nothing-view!!! If you have any more photos of these rooms, Would GREATLY appreciate seeing them, for sure!!! Again, MANY THANKS!!! Rusty & Judy

Best I can do is an inside shot of HC cabin E301 on the Golden Princess. Also I said above that E301 is on the port side whereas it is actually on the starboard side.

The Diamond port side E300 shot, which is reversed or mirrored to what it would be compared to E301 on the other or starboard side, appears to be taken at an angle towards the right so here is a shot straight out from Golden HC E301. It appears to be in the same position behind a regular lifeboat as Sapphire E301 and shows the actual view not the reversed or mirror one.

I hope I haven't confused you too much with the above.

attachment.php?attachmentid=210883&d=1319885502

attachment.php?attachmentid=210882&d=1319884781

Edited by robtulipe

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! You have truly made our day! We were a bit "concerned", and now we're NOT!!! Looks to be a room that we shall enjoy and a view that we can "live with"!!! We SOOO appreciate your help!!!:) Rusty & Judy

:rolleyes: Is this really a good idea? Now many will know that a great way to save money is to book an obstructed view that isn't so obstructed. Now likely to have much more competition for "the good ones". Oh well since I'm only able to be on some of the cruises I guess we will be nice and share the information. Thanks to you who are doing this.

:rolleyes: Is this really a good idea? Now many will know that a great way to save money is to book an obstructed view that isn't so obstructed. Now likely to have much more competition for "the good ones". Oh well since I'm only able to be on some of the cruises I guess we will be nice and share the information. Thanks to you who are doing this.

I doubt it will have that much of an effect on the availability as the people who go on CC are a very small % of all cruisers. Our next cruise has a fairly large roll call at just over one hundred people for a ship with a passenger capacity of 3,080.

The shot below shows a section with Cat. F obstructed OV and Cat. DD non-obstructed OV windows on Emerald. We and friends got two of those marked Cat. F cabins for our cruise next month and they were a lot less costly that what the Cat. DD were selling for especially considering we were upgraded to that category from Cat. G guarantees and then requested these cabins.

FYI cabin windows blocked by the large shed are Cat. FF which is considered as a higher category than a Cat. F.

attachment.php?attachmentid=210931&d=1319910915

Edited by robtulipe

Cabins with more obstruction can be a higher category because the categories are based on the distance from midship. Another of my moneysaving cabin tricks is to pick a cabin right after the class break. Can save up to $500 + just to be on the aft side of the break (or front side too) and since the doors can even be in the same indentation absolutely no difference. This tip does not work on Emerald deck and you still need to see what is above and below the cabin. You don't want high traffic areas above your bed but to be honest I have never heard any noise in my cabin. Even elevator areas OK except more foot traffic and people waiting or saying good night.

This is a great idea and I look forward to seeing the pictures when you make them available. We will be on the Ruby E405, do you have any pictures or information on that cabin?

E405 on the Ruby has an excellent view.

Theo

[ATTACH]210961[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]210962[/ATTACH]

Hi Theo

Have you managed to locate any O/V pics from Sun class ships yet? We're in D326 on Sea Princess in 2 weeks & suspect we'll be totally obstructed from the deck plans :(

Not much available on the Sun class ships but by looking at the deckplans I think that the view would be something like the picture below. Sorry for the the small size but that's all I got.

I would appreciate if you could take a picture when you on the Sea Princess. Have a nice cruise.

Theo

[ATTACH]210988[/ATTACH]

I booked a BH category on the Coral, obstructed view balcony D205, and would love to see pictures of it. Thanks.

As far as I can tell there is no obstructed view balcony on the dolphin deck. Are you sure you have the right cabin #?

Theo

I have a question regarding a cabin on Plaza deck. P245 to be exact. It is listed as "unobstructed" BUT from the deck plans it sure doesn't appear that way. Has anyone stayed in that cabin and would know if it is truly an "unobstructed" one? Really don't want to pay the extra money if it is actually "Obstructed." Thanks for all the help. This will be an excellent site once it's finished.

Judy from SW Florida

i just booked cabin E611 on the Grand Princess cant find many pictures of the Grand at all. has anyone stayed in this cabin and or have a picture?

E611 is about the same location as E625. Not a very nice view.

Sorry for the small image, that's all I got.

Theo

[ATTACH]211030[/ATTACH]

i just booked cabin E611 on the Grand Princess cant find many pictures of the Grand at all. has anyone stayed in this cabin and or have a picture?

Here a shot of the view from port side cabin E612 on Grand's sister ship, Golden which will have a similar view to Starboard side E611 on the Grand. That view is obstructed completely by the middle of a tenders like the ones in the second shot of Grand Pr tenders.

attachment.php?attachmentid=211027&d=1319992768

attachment.php?attachmentid=211029&d=1319993203

Edited by robtulipe
add photo

I have a question regarding a cabin on Plaza deck. P245 to be exact. It is listed as "unobstructed" BUT from the deck plans it sure doesn't appear that way. Has anyone stayed in that cabin and would know if it is truly an "unobstructed" one? Really don't want to pay the extra money if it is actually "Obstructed." Thanks for all the help. This will be an excellent site once it's finished.

Judy from SW Florida

As far as I can tell all the cabins on Plaza deck are unobstructed. The only obstructed cabins are on Emerald deck and a few on the Lido deck.

Theo

E611 is about the same location as E625. Not a very nice view.

Sorry for the small image, that's all I got.

Theo

[ATTACH]211030[/ATTACH]

i figured thats what i was going to get mid way thru a tender but thats ok as long as a get daylight in the morning to tell me its time to get up and the price we paid was almost the same as an inside room. we paid $569cad for first time cruising anything will be better then an inside room i think. thanks

i figured thats what i was going to get mid way thru a tender but thats ok as long as a get daylight in the morning to tell me its time to get up and the price we paid was almost the same as an inside room. we paid $569cad for first time cruising anything will be better then an inside room i think. thanks

Maybe you going to be lucky and the upgrade fairy will visit.

Theo

Theo, I was exploring cruisedeckplans.com and found some of the exterior shots were helpful re OV questions. For ex., island princess shots shoe small life boats and you can then click on them to zoom in and see the windows largely unobstructed, except for bottom field of vision.

I hadn't noticed these before.

Regards.

Mitch

they did offer a free upgrade option, I will keep my fingers crossed. someone told me first timers dont get upgrade, i guess we will see.

Not true, we got upgraded on our first cruise on the Regal Princess. Also got upgraded ones from obstructed view to balcony, Caribe deck on our cruise to the Caribbean.

Theo

Not true, we got upgraded on our first cruise on the Regal Princess. Also got upgraded ones from obstructed view to balcony, Caribe deck on our cruise to the Caribbean.

Theo

wow, thats awesome, im excited, thanks for responding. Ive spent the last few days looking up pictures on obstructed views then I found this site