Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

To bounce this to the top! Would you take a gty balcony over a oceanview that you choose (current sale sort of does offer that)?

Also one of the problems when I don't have a balcony is where to dry the swimsuits. Yes the shower but we also shower often and taking down the laundry is troublesome and the fog doesn't help them dry. :rolleyes:

If the price was the same or the balcony was not a great amount more with that current sale, personally, I would go with the balcony gty over a select OV. With a balcony you are almost always assured of a good view and a place to dry swimsuits.

Wow. I hadn't looked at your website until just now, and it is awesome. What a wonderful resource. I love how clearly you've organized and marked everything. I promise faithfully on my next cruise to snap as many photos as I can and send them along to you. As a dedicated booker of OOV cabins, thanks so much for the time and trouble you've gone to.

Wow. I hadn't looked at your website until just now, and it is awesome. What a wonderful resource. I love how clearly you've organized and marked everything. I promise faithfully on my next cruise to snap as many photos as I can and send them along to you. As a dedicated booker of OOV cabins, thanks so much for the time and trouble you've gone to.

Looking forward to your pictures.

To all others that have booked Obstructed View Cabins "Please take a minute to take a picture" your fellow cruiser will appreciate it.

Theo

Hi, we just were in Star 211 for 12 nights in the Med....absolutely as shown. I liked this room so much and there was plenty of light and a view! I found this one of the best cabins on any of our cruises for storing items and staying organized. The closet is open with no doors and is facing the bathroom door. Plenty of space and hangers. Have a wonderful trip!:)

Thanks, we won't be leaving for that trip until 2013, but our roll call is very active already.

Cynthia

this is amazing! thanks for doing this. is this only for Princess though? how do we compile one for Celebrity?

This might be nice to have also but Princess obstructed OV type cabins are not present on X's ships as their lifeboats and tender are located at the side of a public not a passenger deck.

X Solstice class ships have tenders tops that partially obstructing the view from the deck 6 Cat. 2D balconies but it is really the downward view that is blocked and it doesn't really vary that much. All you need to do is view a shot of this area on either side, as shown below, to get an idea of what the view will be. As usual the cabins located in between the tenders have the best downward view.

Also there is the window washing platforms slightly blocking the view from a few of the upper balconies on some ships like the Millennium class but since these platforms are parked between the balconies the obstruction is minimal.

SolsticeSide02.jpg

You can save this shot by right clicking on it and selecting save picture as. This is the starboard side. Port side 2D cabins are odd and one number lower.

Edited by robtulipe

this is amazing! thanks for doing this. is this only for Princess though? how do we compile one for Celebrity?

With lots of work, or maybe not that much because as robtulipe notes there are not that many ubstructed view cabins on Celebrity.

Theo

I'm trying to verify if there's any obstruction in the view in E409 on the Ruby. The deck plan seems to indicate there isn't, but I have my doubts :D

Can anyone recommend specific cabins with the least obstruction in an OV obstructed cabin category FF or lower?

Thanks a bunch!

I'm trying to verify if there's any obstruction in the view in E409 on the Ruby. The deck plan seems to indicate there isn't, but I have my doubts :D

Can anyone recommend specific cabins with the least obstruction in an OV obstructed cabin category FF or lower?

Thanks a bunch!

Check out Theo's website for pictures.

409 is pretty well totally obstructed.

405, 415 and 419 are almost completely UNobstructed

All are cat FF

Thanks. I had my travel agent switch to E417, which is available. Any problem with that one?

That cabin has a great view similar to this shot from Ruby E414 as you can see from its location on Ruby as marked by the arrow on the second shot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=212351&d=1321307111

attachment.php?attachmentid=212352&d=1321307111

Edited by robtulipe

Can anybody help me out with the deckplans of the Diamond & Sapphire Princess.

The deckplans on the Princess website have both ships without that storage shed showing in the 400 block on Emerald deck but if you look at the pictures of the outside of both ships you can clearly see those storage sheds. (You can see those pictures at my website).

Now, my question is; Did they remove those sheds lately or are they omitted on the Princess website.

It will obviously affect the info I'm giving out.

Any info sombody can give me is much appreciated.

Theo

Can anybody help me out with the deckplans of the Diamond & Sapphire Princess.

The deckplans on the Princess website have both ships without that storage shed showing in the 400 block on Emerald deck but if you look at the pictures of the outside of both ships you can clearly see those storage sheds. (You can see those pictures at my website).

Now, my question is; Did they remove those sheds lately or are they omitted on the Princess website.

It will obviously affect the info I'm giving out.

Any info sombody can give me is much appreciated.

Theo

a week ago I booked a coastal cruise on Sapphire and got an ocean view obstructed on the Emerald deck cabin 407 and found out it's in front of a white box with no view at all. I quickly changed my cabin to another location and was told by Costco travel that those obstructions are there but not on the website. they didn't know why.

a week ago I booked a coastal cruise on Sapphire and got an ocean view obstructed on the Emerald deck cabin 407 and found out it's in front of a white box with no view at all. I quickly changed my cabin to another location and was told by Costco travel that those obstructions are there but not on the website. they didn't know why.

That's what I figured. Thanks, I'll try to ask Princess about that.

Theo

This is a great site! Thanks for the hard work Theo! Lets keep this bumped up to the front page so it doesn't get lost!:)

Thanks for the complement. I like doing this although my DW thinks I'm spending too much time on the computer.

We try to keep this as high on the list as possible but it seems to disappear sometimes pretty fast. Wish we could convince our moderator to make it a sticky.

I'm still trying to improve the site experimenting with different layouts.

I also like to remind everyone that I need a lot of pictures so if you have any, even if they are duplicates from the ones I already have (they might be better quality).

Thanks in advance.

Theo