Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

E630 looks like it has a decent view between the rear most tender and lifeboat. Top shot is that area on Grand and bottom is view from E631 on Grand's sister ship, Star, which has same position and similar view on starboard side.

attachment.php?attachmentid=212030&d=1320969152

FYI, that's the trunk of a palm tree in front of the space shown above.

attachment.php?attachmentid=212031&d=1320969152

Edited by robtulipe

OK, I finally have the website about the obstructed view cabins up and running.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

It is by no means complete but I think it is a reasonable start.

Please have a look at it and give me some feedback.

As you can see I still need a lot of pictures and also some good quality pictures to replace the tiny ones that I have now for some cabins. Please send them to me if you have some.

Theo

Wow! That's a lot of work!. A good example of the proverb "one picture is worth a thousand words". Thanks for the effort. Dick

My pleasure.

I was hoping that our moderator can make it a "sticky" . We have to wait and see.

Theo

OK, I finally have the website about the obstructed view cabins up and running.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

It is by no means complete but I think it is a reasonable start.

Please have a look at it and give me some feedback.

As you can see I still need a lot of pictures and also some good quality pictures to replace the tiny ones that I have now for some cabins. Please send them to me if you have some.

Theo

Hi...I took the original photo of E231 that you have listed under the Caribbean Princess, however, it is a photo that I took on the Crown. I have one of E231 on the Caribbean somewhere on CC. I will try to find it. They're very similar :)

Thanks so much for the pictures. I changed my cabin from E606 to E 630. What a difference in the view! I did not really care since all we needed was light but the view is a bonus and the other one was soooo obstructed. Goes to show that the deck plans are very misleading. Thought that 606 was right in between the lifeboats and a clear view. The 630 is so much better.

Robtulipe: Do I understand this right? The picture of E631 has a clear view out the window as shown in the picture below. That would be the same exact view as E630?

Yes, that's correct.The only diifference would be that the view would be a reversed or mirror image so the large post will be on the right side of the window instead of on the left side.

Thanks so much for the pictures. I changed my cabin from E606 to E 630. What a difference in the view! I did not really care since all we needed was light but the view is a bonus and the other one was soooo obstructed. Goes to show that the deck plans are very misleading. Thought that 606 was right in between the lifeboats and a clear view. The 630 is so much better.

E606 is where the rear of first lifeboats meets the front of the second one in the back section of the life/tender boats but there is almost no space between these two boats and what space there is is filled with a vertical post and two divots. This is unique to that area on both sides of the Grand class ships.

It's great you were able to get E630.

Edited by robtulipe

Just recently retired and I’m looking for a project to keep me out of my DW way.

It seems to me that the obstructed view cabins have a lot of people wondering what they should expect and rightly so.

I know there is a tread that lists a lot of info about obstructed view cabins but I’m wondering if it would be useful to have something similar as they have on the HAL forum where you can check out a lot of cabins.

The only thing I would change is that this tread would only be for obstructed view cabins.

To get things started I have compiled pictures (good ones and bad ones) of cabins with obstructed view from most of the Princess fleet. I downloaded those pictures mainly from CC treads but also from other sites on the internet. However, I like to know if I’m breaking any rules by posting those pictures.

As far as I know, whatever is available on line is public domain but I could be wrong.

Anybody care to give me some info.

Also like to know what our moderator’s view is on this.

Theo

I have pics will upload asap.

Edited by johnfas

This thread got buried fast to another page, so bumping it up.

It is because of this thread that I was able to know my original cabin choice of MONTHS ago was terrible. At this late date, 35 days before sailing I was able to get a fully obstructed view with a GREAT view....

This is a back to back cruise with another cruise before and I did not want to spend tons on the cabin. I got this for a great price back when I booked. This switch of cabins makes it all the more better and I have you to thank for the help in this.

I think this thread with the pictures will really help others .

This thread got buried fast to another page, so bumping it up.

It is because of this thread that I was able to know my original cabin choice of MONTHS ago was terrible. At this late date, 35 days before sailing I was able to get a fully obstructed view with a GREAT view....

This is a back to back cruise with another cruise before and I did not want to spend tons on the cabin. I got this for a great price back when I booked. This switch of cabins makes it all the more better and I have you to thank for the help in this.

I think this thread with the pictures will really help others .

That is the idea behind this website, look at what you are getting before you sail (for free).

Thanks for trying to keep this tread at the top.

Theo

Hi, we just were in Star 211 for 12 nights in the Med....absolutely as shown. I liked this room so much and there was plenty of light and a view! I found this one of the best cabins on any of our cruises for storing items and staying organized. The closet is open with no doors and is facing the bathroom door. Plenty of space and hangers. Have a wonderful trip!:)

To bounce this to the top! Would you take a gty balcony over a oceanview that you choose (current sale sort of does offer that)?

Also one of the problems when I don't have a balcony is where to dry the swimsuits. Yes the shower but we also shower often and taking down the laundry is troublesome and the fog doesn't help them dry. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bowie MeMe