Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

It is getting hard to keep this at the top of the heap! With all the interest I can't understand why the moderators refuse to make it a sticky!:mad:

I will put in an other request to the moderators, maybe the last one got lost in the mayhem around Christmas.

In the mean time we might be able to keep it close to the top by posting ones in a while.

I hope to get some more pictures in the new year after some friends of us get back from their cruise.

Theo

It is not so much "hard" work as it is tedious work but I love doing it.

I was actualy hoping that by now the moderator would make it a "sticky" after about 12000 views so people don't have to search for it. Oh well, we'll wait and see.

Also I'm hoping that more cruisers will send me some more pictures especially from Grand/Golden & Star. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Merry X-mas to all.

Theo

Hi Theo

We will be on the Sun Princess in 12 days in Obstructed OV cabins D606 & D602. If you like, we are happy to take some photos and email them to you when we return.

Kerry :)

Hi Theo

We will be on the Sun Princess in 12 days in Obstructed OV cabins D606 & D602. If you like, we are happy to take some photos and email them to you when we return.

That would be great. As you probably noticed there are not many pictures on the website for either the Sun/Dawn & Sea Princess.

As there are only 28 cabins with obstructed view on those ships one would think that somebody have some pictures.

If you have a chance to take some pictures of the other cabin that would even be better. On disembarkation day I went all the way down the hall, taking pictures of every cabin on Emerald deck on the Sapphire. I asked the cabin stewards and they did not mind as long as I stayed out of their way.

Anyway, have a nice cruise, a Happy New Year and a pleasant summer.

Theo

Hi Theo,

Firstly, a huge thankyou for your pics. They assisted us greatly in selecting cabins for our upcoming cruises in the states. I chose our cabins whilst on the phone to an aussie Princess rep, who looked up your pic site at the same time. She was overwhelmed, totally excited, and said she was going to refer to this site for reference, as it assisted with their booking for australians. So very well done, congratulations, and keep up the good work. A great retirement interest. You're a star!!

Jen

That would be great. As you probably noticed there are not many pictures on the website for either the Sun/Dawn & Sea Princess.

As there are only 28 cabins with obstructed view on those ships one would think that somebody have some pictures.

If you have a chance to take some pictures of the other cabin that would even be better. On disembarkation day I went all the way down the hall, taking pictures of every cabin on Emerald deck on the Sapphire. I asked the cabin stewards and they did not mind as long as I stayed out of their way.

Anyway, have a nice cruise, a Happy New Year and a pleasant summer.

Theo

Hi Theo

I will try to take as many photos as I can, with permission, and email them to you. We have a hot New Years Eve today, 36c. New Years Day forecast is 38c. We almost had a white christmas with 32c and a hail storm in the afternoon which turned everything white. Besides the damage it was very pretty.;)

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year

Hi Theo,

Firstly, a huge thankyou for your pics. They assisted us greatly in selecting cabins for our upcoming cruises in the states. I chose our cabins whilst on the phone to an aussie Princess rep, who looked up your pic site at the same time. She was overwhelmed, totally excited, and said she was going to refer to this site for reference, as it assisted with their booking for australians. So very well done, congratulations, and keep up the good work. A great retirement interest. You're a star!!

Jen

You make me blush:o! Anyway, I'm happy that the pictures are some help with selecting your cabin. Which ship are you on?

As for your TA, good for her, I wish more of them would look at the obstructed view as an alternative. My TA does.

Theo

Hi Guys, we remember you well. We are meeting the other couple that were sitting with us that night tomorrow for lunch.

Glad you are happy with your cabin on your next cruise on the Sapphire.

When are you going?

Happy New Year to you too and I hope we meet again.

Theo

We are so glad to hear that you two nice couples got together for lunch! That must have been a lot of fun.

We are going on the 5/5/12 Pacific Coastal Sapphire Princess cruise.

Until we meet again,

George & Jeanie

You make me blush:o! Anyway, I'm happy that the pictures are some help with selecting your cabin. Which ship are you on?

As for your TA, good for her, I wish more of them would look at the obstructed view as an alternative. My TA does.

Theo

Hi Theo,

We are on Crown Princess, cabin E416 Caribbean....then after that trying NCL for first time (Princess cruise was not available re our timing:() on Norwegian Sun, doing coastal LA to Vancouver cabin 9243 balcony for the coastal.

Had originally booked an unobstructed on Crown, but your pics showed a huge white box and stairs outside cabin. So, again thanks. btw the TA works for Princess in oz....good rap for you:)

Jen

Hi Laura. There are many of us who have come to love this little thread that lets folks decide if the oov is for them or if they have to save more money for a view that is not obstructed. For those of us on this kick, this thread is the BEST way to make a choice. A sticky would be great either here or under cabin selection. Here on the Princess thread is best because it is Princess specific. Again thanks for making this a sticky (just a link to the pictures would be enough) so that the thread does not get monster big and hard to use.

I will take pictures on the Star Princess in 2 weeks!!!! :D:D:D We will be in E405 for our around the Horn adventure in South America.

Hi Barbara & Walter,

Thanks for taking the pictures on the Star. If it would save some time running around I could let you know which of the cabin pictures I'm missing for this ship. You can email me at theog99@telus.net

Hi Laura. There are many of us who have come to love this little thread that lets folks decide if the oov is for them or if they have to save more money for a view that is not obstructed. For those of us on this kick, this thread is the BEST way to make a choice. A sticky would be great either here or under cabin selection. Here on the Princess thread is best because it is Princess specific. Again thanks for making this a sticky (just a link to the pictures would be enough) so that the thread does not get monster big and hard to use.

I send Laura an email this week with the same request, we'll see what the response is.

Theo

what a fantastic site!!!! what part of BC are you from???

Lots of times there isn't that much difference between an inside and and obstructed view, this makes the decision a lot easier.

thank you for all your hard work:D

Post like this one encourages me to keep on going with this site, Thank you.

We are just a little bit up the valley from where you are but because it is such a small town I don't mention it in my profile.

Theo

Edited by Renmar

Theo,

I'm checking every day to see if there are any photos of the Emerald Deck obstructed cabins on the Coral. I'll definitely take a bunch of pictures when we board her on 1/17. Happy New Year to you.

You can ask the Captain Circle Host if they will arrange it so you can take the pictures.

Appreciate you doing this.

Theo

Theo: I would like to say thank you for sharing all of the pictures with us! We have been in obstructed view cabins before and had semi-great views. We would book obst.ocean view again and before we do we will go to your site to see the "views". Enjoy retirement, husband always says "Best job he ever had!"

Thanks again.

Carol

I'm getting close to having all the pictures posted on the website. However, from some of the ships (Islan--Coral--Dawn--Sea & Sun Princess) there seems to be not much available.

So, here is a request; can anybody that is going on those ship shortly, or has been on them recently, take or have some pictures and send them to me. I now your fellow cruisers will appreciate it.

Theo

theog99@telus.net