Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

Just added more pictures to the website for the Crown/Emerald & Ruby thanks to "catsforkids"

Check it out.

Theo

Thank you for all your work. Your site is such a valuable resource for us economy-minded travelers! You have done an amazing job. I hope CC will make it a "Sticky".

BTW - just sent you my cabin pic - forgot to add it!

Thank you for all your work. Your site is such a valuable resource for us economy-minded travelers! You have done an amazing job. I hope CC will make it a "Sticky".

Hope so too.

BTW - just sent you my cabin pic - forgot to add it!

Received, thank you.

Theo

Edited by Renmar

Boy the Princess board does send things down and up fast. Time for this to go up since I had to go to page 2 to see cabin E508 on Diamond (which was not there -- please post if you have a picture. )

I'm going on the Sapphire (sister ship of the Diamond) 2 weeks from now and will try to makes as many pictures as possible.

I should have most of pictures up before the end of December, 2011.

Theo

As far as I know there are several obstructed view balcony cabins on some of the ships. Caribbean--Crown--Emerald & Ruby have them on the Lido deck.

Diamond & Sapphire have 2 obstructed view cabins on Caribe deck.

I just found out that the Coral & Island have some obstructed view balcony cabins as well.

Are there any more of the ships with obstructed view cabins on decks other than the Emerald decks?

Has anybody some info or pictures of those cabins?

I will put this question out in a new tread as well.

Theo

Theo, I don't have any pictures to add as we stayed in April in E416 on the Sapphire and you have that picture. I just wanted to say this is realy a great thread. Often times, those obstructed view cabins are at a great price so this will be helpful for many. I have to say, our E416 cabin was just like having a full oceanview cabin.

Thanks for the great thread.

Theo, I don't have any pictures to add as we stayed in April in E416 on the Sapphire and you have that picture. I just wanted to say this is realy a great thread. Often times, those obstructed view cabins are at a great price so this will be helpful for many. I have to say, our E416 cabin was just like having a full oceanview cabin.

Thanks for the great thread.

Chloedmom,

Just wondering if you were bothered by noise or the fact that it seems the elevators are right there. In the hallway what was across from your room? Also what is the set up for the bed? Is it so your head is under the window? We have a choice between E416 & E405. DH was afraid E416 was to close the the elevators & would be noiser & you would hear the ding for the elevators. Opinions needed. Thanks!

I'd also like to thank Theo for doing this thread! Great job for all of us who love those cabins.

Edited by Solara

Chloedmom,

Just wondering if you were bothered by noise or the fact that it seems the elevators are right there. In the hallway what was across from your room? Also what is the set up for the bed? Is it so your head is under the window? We have a choice between E416 & E405. DH was afraid E416 was to close the the elevators & would be noiser & you would hear the ding for the elevators. Opinions needed. Thanks!

I'd also like to thank Theo for doing this thread! Great job for all of us who love those cabins.

I've spent 2 months in E410 on the Sapphire over 3 different cruises. I think it is even closer to the elevators than E416. I don't remember ever hearing the ding from the elevators. At times you can hear people talking as they pass the room but they don't stop talking 10 feet away. If they are going to be loud, they will be loud all down the corridor. Being so close to the elevators never disturbed me and I have the same cabin booked for next year.

Can someone tell me how the beds are set up on the sapphire. Are they under the window?

Also is the bed set up different on the Emerald deck versus the Plaza deck for those of you who have stayed on both decks.

Lastly we had a cabin on the Plaza deck on the Island princess that was midship and heard a knocking sound the entire cruise. Is it louder on Plaza on the sapphire too?

Can someone tell me how the beds are set up on the sapphire. Are they under the window?

Also is the bed set up different on the Emerald deck versus the Plaza deck for those of you who have stayed on both decks.

Lastly we had a cabin on the Plaza deck on the Island princess that was midship and heard a knocking sound the entire cruise. Is it louder on Plaza on the sapphire too?

As far as I know they are under the window if they are set up as a queen. We always get them set up as 2 twins that way they are against the wall and give us a bit more room in the middle.

Wow - dropped to 3rd page in one day. Keep this up!

I know, if I don't keep adding new pictures (I still need a lot) and post them this tread might end up on page .......??

Theo

As far as I know they are under the window if they are set up as a queen. We always get them set up as 2 twins that way they are against the wall and give us a bit more room in the middle.

Theo

Thanks! I was hoping they were set up like the Emerald where they are just like they are in the balcony cabins.

Everyone is so impressed with all of your hard work here, myself included. The time and the effort that you have put into this project, all in the hope of helping others, is much appreciated.

I have one request for an updated photo though. There is already a photo posted in your archives of cabin E412 on the Star Princess. If anyone who is sailing on the Star in that cabin in the next few months could send the OP a photo or two of the view from that cabin while actually sailing, I would be thrilled. The present photo is before she sets sail, I believe, making it a little hard to visualize the view while she is not in port.

Again, that would be cabin E412 on the Star Princess. Either way, the photos here have been helpful, and again, thanks for trying to help others make an informed decision.

Everyone is so impressed with all of your hard work here, myself included. The time and the effort that you have put into this project, all in the hope of helping others, is much appreciated.

I have one request for an updated photo though. There is already a photo posted in your archives of cabin E412 on the Star Princess. If anyone who is sailing on the Star in that cabin in the next few months could send the OP a photo or two of the view from that cabin while actually sailing, I would be thrilled. The present photo is before she sets sail, I believe, making it a little hard to visualize the view while she is not in port.

Again, that would be cabin E412 on the Star Princess. Either way, the photos here have been helpful, and again, thanks for trying to help others make an informed decision.

I'm experimenting with some of the pictures that have buildings showing in the background. I'm trying to remove those buildings in Photoshop. Keep checking back.

Theo

As you can see, virtually no obstruction. The top of the liftboat is very low right outside of this cabin.

Thanks, I will add those to the website shortly.

Please keep those pictures coming.

Theo

Edited by Renmar