Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

Thanks for taking the time to do this!:)

Does anyone know if the deck plans on the Princess website are accurate with regards to the location of the lifeboats/tenders and the windows? (sorry if this was already asked--just skimmed thru the thread and only saw discussion about pictures)

Not much available on the Sun class ships but by looking at the deckplans I think that the view would be something like the picture below. Sorry for the the small size but that's all I got.

I would appreciate if you could take a picture when you on the Sea Princess. Have a nice cruise.

Theo

[ATTACH]210988[/ATTACH]

Thanks Theo

We always take pics of our cabin so will try to post here after the cruise :D

Does anyone have any pictures of E411 on the Caribbean Princess? Or, if no pictures, if you've sailed in that cabin can you tell me about the view? Thanks.

Here is a shot of the view from that cabin.

attachment.php?attachmentid=211222&d=1320151377

Edited by robtulipe

Does anyone know anything about the view from either E406 or E409 on the Caribbean Princess? Thanks.

My information is that E406 would be a better choice than E409, see below.

Theo

[ATTACH]211448[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]211449[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]211450[/ATTACH]

Theo, Caribbean and Ruby do not have the sheds or enclosures that the Emerald and Crown have in the areas between the front and rear bank of lifeboats and astern of the last lifeboat. What those two ships have in these areas are life raft cannisters that Emerald and Crown don't have there.

Your shots are from either the Emerald or Crown thus do not represent the actually view of those cabins on the Caribbean Pr which is shown below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=211476&d=1320442665

Edited by robtulipe

Theo, Caribbean and Ruby do not have the sheds or enclosures that the Emerald and Crown have in the areas between the front and rear bank of lifeboats and astern of the last lifeboat. What those two ships have in these areas are life raft cannisters that Emerald and Crown don't have there.

Your shots are from either the Emerald or Crown thus do not represent the actually view of those cabins on the Caribbean Pr which is shown below.

Thanks for pointing that out. This means I have to change some of the cabins on the website I'm working on.

Theo

Thanks for pointing that out. This means I have to change some of the cabins on the website I'm working on.

Theo

Does anyone have photos of the Star Princess from the outside as this picture shows? I would like midship in the area of E406. TIA

Does anyone have photos of the Star Princess from the outside as this picture shows? I would like midship in the area of E406. TIA

Here is that area on Star's sister ship, Golden. We've been on the Star and it is exactly the same in that area but I don't have any good digital shot as I was using film then. Cabin E406's window is in the top row, third from left pillar that's behind lifeboat. We were in that cabin for our last February Golden cruise and this was the view from inside

attachment.php?attachmentid=211512&d=1320508130

attachment.php?attachmentid=211513&d=1320508130.

Edited by robtulipe

Thank You. From seeing the outside view I can then recognize what I am seeing in the interior view. Being that we got this cabin for about 1/2 what a balcony cabin would cost I think it will do us just fine.

This thread is great! P&O has photos of obstructed cabins right on their website. I can't find the link right now, darn it. I wish Princess would do that too! On another thread regarding obstructed view cabins on CC, someone pointed out which ships had the same layouts. I'm a Princess noob, so I am not real familiar with the similarities and differences within the Princess ships, let alone those built for P&O. Anyhow, I was curious if anyone had photos of E211 and E215 on the Ruby. We will be in those cabins for our upcoming Christmas Cruise. Thanks in advance!

This thread is great! P&O has photos of obstructed cabins right on their website. I can't find the link right now, darn it. I wish Princess would do that too! On another thread regarding obstructed view cabins on CC, someone pointed out which ships had the same layouts. I'm a Princess noob, so I am not real familiar with the similarities and differences within the Princess ships, let alone those built for P&O. Anyhow, I was curious if anyone had photos of E211 and E215 on the Ruby. We will be in those cabins for our upcoming Christmas Cruise. Thanks in advance!

The Caribbean-Crown-Emerald and Ruby are the same class ships although they don't have the same layouts.

As for the pictures, here is the few from E211.

Theo

[ATTACH]211591[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]211592[/ATTACH]

Anyhow, I was curious if anyone had photos of E211 and E215 on the Ruby. We will be in those cabins for our upcoming Christmas Cruise. Thanks in advance!

The first shot is the over the top of a life boat straight out view from Ruby E508 which appears to have the same position beside a port side regular life boat as E215 does on the starboard side.

The second shot is from Ruby E507 which also has the same position beside a regular life boat on the starboard side. It shows the view looking right or back towards the life boat's pilot section and davit (support/winch structure) are.

[ATTACH]211599[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]211600[/ATTACH]

click on to enlarge

Edited by robtulipe

The Caribbean-Crown-Emerald and Ruby are the same class ships although they don't have the same layouts.

As for the pictures, here is the few from E211.

Theo

[ATTACH]211591[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]211592[/ATTACH]

Theo I believe these shots are of Caribbean cabin E211. This ship has a emerald deck cabin layout slightly different than the Crown, Emerald and Ruby which has this cabin slightly further astern. IMO the view from Ruby E211 would be another over the top, not a front of the lifeboat and would be similar to this shot of the view from Crown E231.

[ATTACH]211604[/ATTACH]

Thank you for your help! I believe E211 would be further aft (thus over the top of the boat) based on the deck plan and the omission of E213. These photos appear to show the lifeboat in front of these two staterooms lowered. [ATTACH]211634[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]211635[/ATTACH]

I found these pics on myships.com

I’m about 60% finished with putting together this website about "Obstructed View Cabins" I mentioned before. It is a lot more work than I anticipated but now I hope to have it up this coming weekend.

I received a lot of feedback from CC members and I like to thank all people that supplied me with pictures and advise.

However, I still could use a lot of pictures and would much appreciate it if anybody that has some pictures of those cabins kicking around, and don't mind sharing them, send them to me by Email.

I'll take a chance and post my Email here in the hope that our moderator will allow it.

Theo

theog99@telus.net

Edited by Renmar

Bob, I have a picture on my website (yes I'm almost done) of the Ruby and that shows both storage sheds, midship and aft. Is this an very old picture and/or did they remove those storage sheds at one time.

I'll send you an Email with the link to my website.

Theo

Theo, I found this actual shot of the Ruby from Jan09 and it shows it with the sheds. If you look on Princess' web site for info on this ship, it shows a shot and deckplan of it without them. I also had a shot from the internet without the sheds but that could have been mislabeled as to the ship.

Looking at the cabin categories on the Ruby deckplan the obstructed OVs are like the Emerald and Crown. Also the Ruby looks like them in appearance with it's more forward Skywalker nightclub.

I guess it's only the Caribbean Pr which doesn't have the Emerald deck sheds.

attachment.php?attachmentid=211999&d=1320938839

Edited by robtulipe

On Star we were in E209 which has a picture here on another page. It was a great location and the window just had the 12 inch piece of steel there holding the cables. It did not obstruct much.

I am in E210 on the Grand - so did you get much noise from the Theatre below. The shows usually finish about 10 and noise until then would not bother me as we tend to go to bed around 11 pm but when I was in an obstructed on the Dawn Princess we had loud music till midnight because we were above one of the lounges. I would never go in that cabin again, but a few cabins down and one could not hear the noise.

Thanks

Rosie

Now we are trying in between lifeboats and if anyone has any info on GRAND cabin E606 I would appreciate it.

There isn't much space between the two lifeboats where E606 is on Grand and that space, indicated by arrow, is filled with a vertical post and the lifeboat divots (winch/support structures). This area is shown in the first shot below that I cropped from a picture I took when we were her last year.

The second is a better shot of the same area on Golden, sister ship to Grand. Sorry I don't have a shot from inside.

attachment.php?attachmentid=212011&d=1320958704

attachment.php?attachmentid=212012&d=1320958704

Edited by robtulipe