Mastercard OBC

Kokopelli2

Everyone here keeps saying $50 per stateroom. It actually says "UP TO A MAXIMUM OF $50".

Does anyone know if the OBC is based on the number of days the cruise is?

Don't think so- it says $50.

Also found this:

Your onboard credit will show up on your Sail & Sign account the first day of your cruise.

Don't think so- it says $50.

Also found this:

Your onboard credit will show up on your Sail & Sign account the first day of your cruise.

Actual words are "Get an Extra $ 50 of Fun"

Would have used my Carnival MC anyway so this is a great deal for us.

Actual words are "Get an Extra $ 50 of Fun"

Would have used my Carnival MC anyway so this is a great deal for us.

The "fine print" on the Sign-Up page reads (emphasis added):

"*Special Offer Terms & Conditions:

To be eligible to receive the $50 onboard credit, pre-register to participate and use a MasterCard card when setting up the Onboard Expense Account. To pre-register, fill out and submit the MasterCard Onboard Promotion form provided above. Form must be submitted by 11/30/11. To designate MasterCard as the form of payment for onboard expenses, go to carnival.com’s Check-In (FunPass) section in My Cruise Manager and enter the MasterCard credit card information. Offer has no cash value. The onboard credit is provided as a credit for use only on your onboard Sail & Sign account up to a maximum of $50 per stateroom on sailings between 12/15/11 and 3/31/12. Offer is subject to change without prior notice. Ships’ Registry: Panama & The Bahamas.

Thanks for the nice tip... Unfortunately we sail one week after the closing date..:-(

If there are any fun e-mails like these in the future, could you please keep posting them? Apparently lots of us are left in the dark by not receiving these offers, eventhough we booked directly with Carnival...:confused:

Agree completely! Like the excursion discounts- how is it that only some get these notices, and that people are offered different amounts? This seems to be an odd way of dealing with your customers.

In conversation with my PVP this week....

I tried to change my profile to include Carnival Promotional emails and cant do it. She advised me that Carnival has farmed out their email notification to a 3rd party and they deleted lots of past guests etc. If you have a PVP send them an email requesting to be put back on the list and they must forward that to the 3rd party for completion. If you dont have a PVP... I guess call the 800 number and hope you get good info on how to be added back on.

PS> Thanks OP. More OBC for me too.

Hopefully as folks at the front end get this OBC, someone will report back here. The only cruise within that time frame I have right now is not till Jan 8. Surely someone will report back by then saying "yep, got it 1st day". All concerns laid to rest...buckets of beer ordered on MC! :D

Thanks again for this heads up. I've passed it on to my Roll Call!

In conversation with my PVP this week....

I tried to change my profile to include Carnival Promotional emails and cant do it. She advised me that Carnival has farmed out their email notification to a 3rd party and they deleted lots of past guests etc. If you have a PVP send them an email requesting to be put back on the list and they must forward that to the 3rd party for completion. If you dont have a PVP... I guess call the 800 number and hope you get good info on how to be added back on.

PS> Thanks OP. More OBC for me too.

That was not a smart move. As more and more people discover that they are not getting some of the better offers there will be a lot of angry people. It does not please me a lot to learn that many people are being offered discounts that I am just as qualified for. This is a very poor business move.

I wrote to Carnival the other day after reading this thread and asked them why I was not getting any offers. Have not as yet heard back from them.

5 Waldos dont get your panties in a wad - you got the email from Bertha after calling Carnival just like I did - I know this because you are CC'ed on the email I received. The email starts off with...

We are launching today, 10/20/11, our new MasterCard Promotion - Receive a $50 OBC when a MasterCard is designated as the form of payment Sail & Sign® purchases. Following are the details.

• We will use our Direct Booked Guest E-mails to promote this offer.

Seems most of you used TAs or didnt book direct so you never received the email. We are just lucky the OP shared the info with us or we wouldnt have know. My TA didnt even know but thanked me for sharing the info - isnt this what cruise critic is about? To share info with others? You got the info now so follow through on your own and No you wont see it until you sail - Im sure its to insure that you DO USE your Mastercard and not just pull a switcheroo to just get the free offer. And if by chance you dont get it - no crime no fowl - you arent out anything either!! But if you do - then cheer Mastercard for the free money!

Why some people feel they are so entitled is beyond me. Youre going on a cruise so just enjoy and stop stressing.

5 Waldos dont get your panties in a wad - you got the email from Bertha after calling Carnival just like I did - I know this because you are CC'ed on the email I received.....

You are saying that you received an email with MY email address on it? Excuse me for feeling rather like my privacy here has been violated!

And yes I got an email- took me quite some time on the phone to get it. But more concerning to me is the fact that they have played a bit loose with what is supposed to be confidential information.

As far as the rest of it- you have a rather different approach to things than I do and I shall leave it at that.

You are saying that you received an email with MY email address on it? Excuse me for feeling rather like my privacy here has been violated!

And yes I got an email- took me quite some time on the phone to get it. But more concerning to me is the fact that they have played a bit loose with what is supposed to be confidential information.

As far as the rest of it- you have a rather different approach to things than I do and I shall leave it at that.

It would have been confidential - no one would have known who you were or even cared for that matter but 5waldos gave it away. And I would have never said a word but your blowing things way out - and your ranting made me have to say something.

It would have been confidential - no one would have known who you were or even cared for that matter but 5waldos gave it away.

There are a few people on CC who I would most certainly NOT want to get my email address. Very few, but a few. It obviously wasn't confidential- you figured it out. They really need to be a lot more careful about that kind of thing. I make it a point not to ever list my real email address on line- in fact I have one I use just for situations when I need to provide one.

It would have been confidential - no one would have known who you were or even cared for that matter but certain wording gave it away.

It would have been confidential - no one would have known who you were or even cared for that matter but certain wording gave it away.

If certain wording gave it away to you, then that same certain wording could give it away to anyone.

5 Waldos dont get your panties in a wad - you got the email from Bertha after calling Carnival just like I did - I know this because you are CC'ed on the email I received. The email starts off with...

We are launching today, 10/20/11, our new MasterCard Promotion - Receive a $50 OBC when a MasterCard is designated as the form of payment Sail & Sign® purchases. Following are the details.

• We will use our Direct Booked Guest E-mails to promote this offer.

Seems most of you used TAs or didnt book direct so you never received the email. We are just lucky the OP shared the info with us or we wouldnt have know. My TA didnt even know but thanked me for sharing the info - isnt this what cruise critic is about? To share info with others? You got the info now so follow through on your own and No you wont see it until you sail - Im sure its to insure that you DO USE your Mastercard and not just pull a switcheroo to just get the free offer. And if by chance you dont get it - no crime no fowl - you arent out anything either!! But if you do - then cheer Mastercard for the free money!

Why some people feel they are so entitled is beyond me. Youre going on a cruise so just enjoy and stop stressing.

I booked direct on Carnivals website & they have my email address but I never received an email about this promotion. Just sayin.

Just to clarify to everyone: I did not receive the info from Carnival. I think they are promoting it when someone books now.

I was already booked and my PVP sent me the email because he knows that I always use my Carnival MC for bookings and S&S to get the miles.

I do not get that many emails from Carnival, and I have NEVER been called from the upgrade fairy. Most of the info I get is from research here on CC. That is why I shared it. :)

to answer your queries.... yes, you can do it now no matter if you have paid in full. And no, you do not get email verification.... when you register there is a message about " your information has been received" or words to that effect.

muffin, thank you! Love my CC'ers!

And 5waldos, I agree with you. It's definitely a bit strange only some eligible people receive promotional emails. I am chalking it up to it being one of the many system "glitches" Carnival recently has.

Archived