Port of Miami Motel

Twiz

None of the hotels close to the POM offer free shuttle service. Courtyard Marriott downtown offers shuttle for $5/pp. But there a closer motels such as Intercontinental, Hilton, JW Marriott, Doubletree, and Holiday Inn where the cab ride is about $10 total. Given what you are looking for I would suggest the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It's not 5 star but it's not a dump either. It will be priced higher than something comparable in another location simply because of it's location. Bayside Marketplace is directly across the street and many cruisers enjoy spending time there. For more specific info regarding these hotels you can visit the Florida Departures section of this board.

Just stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Great clean hotel. Staff is wonderful. They do not have a shuttle service but taxi's are plentiful in front and not expensive. Bayside Market is just across the street. Shopping, restaurants and much more. The ride is about 5 minutes from the port.

The LaQuinta Miami Airport East offers a cruise pkg that includes the room, free breakfast and a shuttle to the port. The return shuttle is just a few dollars fee. The hotel is near the airport and from what I have read there is not a lot to "walk to" but for those that just need a clean hotel with a port shuttle it may do. I believe there is a convenience store and a Bennigans within walking distance but that is about it.

We have a family friend that stayed here pre-cruise and said the hotel was really clean as well as the pool area. They ordered pizza delivery as the kids wanted to swim. He said the front desk offered a variety of take out menus for those not wanting to venture out.

Our TA booked us into the Comfort Inn and Suites - free shuttle to and from airport, continental breakfast, dining on premises. Since all we are looking for is a bed, a meal, and a way to the airport to get the Carnival shuttle, sounds good to us, and it has decent reviews on Trip Advisor. Last time when we sailed from Port Canaveral she booked us into a LaQuinta near the orlando airport which was really nice, so we trust her judgement - she hasn't steered us wrong yet!

I also vote Holiday Inn Port of Miami. We have stayed there twice and really liked it. Bayside (directly across the street) is a great way to spend the evening before the cruise. We did the boat tour from Bayside that takes you around the little island where alot of the stars and athletes have homes, very enjoyable ride.

You will find numerous threads about Miami hotels on the FLA departures board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

No downtown hotels close to POM offer free airport or port shuttles; as mentioned above, some of the budget motels close to the MIA airport do offer shuttles. If you decide to stay downtown plan on about $25+ for a cab from MIA and another $10 or so to cab to POM the next day - those prices are for the cab, not per person, so share the ride with some other cruisers and save $$ ;)

Besides the Holiday Inn and IC, other often suggested downtown hotels include the Hyatt, the Doubletree and the Marriott Biscayne Bay. Good luck! :)

We always stray at the Intercontinental (close to POM) when we cruise from Miami. The hotel is nice and the view great. Only 10.00 cab ride to the port.

Diddo. If you can get a good deal and/or swing it, awesome hotel. Spring for a port view room.

Just stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Great clean hotel. Staff is wonderful. They do not have a shuttle service but taxi's are plentiful in front and not expensive. Bayside Market is just across the street. Shopping, restaurants and much more. The ride is about 5 minutes from the port.

Is this the Holiday Inn sometimes referred to as "Holiday Inn Biscayne Bay"?

The LaQuinta Miami Airport East offers a cruise pkg that includes the room, free breakfast and a shuttle to the port. The return shuttle is just a few dollars fee. The hotel is near the airport and from what I have read there is not a lot to "walk to" but for those that just need a clean hotel with a port shuttle it may do. I believe there is a convenience store and a Bennigans within walking distance but that is about it.

We have a family friend that stayed here pre-cruise and said the hotel was really clean as well as the pool area. They ordered pizza delivery as the kids wanted to swim. He said the front desk offered a variety of take out menus for those not wanting to venture out.

we have booked this as well. free shuttle to POM, free breakfast, free parking for the week. my husband will take a taxi back to the hotel after our cruise and drive over to the POM to get the rest of us to save the cab fare for 6. reviews were good. we got it for $79 night with a govt ID.

we have booked this as well. free shuttle to POM, free breakfast, free parking for the week. my husband will take a taxi back to the hotel after our cruise and drive over to the POM to get the rest of us to save the cab fare for 6. reviews were good. we got it for $79 night with a govt ID.

They do have minivan taxis that you should all be able to fit into for the same price I would think. Saves the time and trip back to the port to pick up the others.:confused:

They do have minivan taxis that you should all be able to fit into for the same price I would think. Saves the time and trip back to the port to pick up the others.:confused:

True... it's a flat rate. I wouldn't waste all that time going back to the hotel to get the car.

Archived