Sold Out Shore Excursion Question

DUCHESSRN

Some excursions have more availability once you are onboard. I would check as soon as you board.

Absolutely! Wanted to do a scuba excursion once and found it was no longer available on line. One of the first things I did after boarding was visit the excursion desk and book the dive.

Worth trying but I have tried on two occassions and was told that they do not hold any spots. That the internet is pretty well available to everyone. I did not get a spot on either. So don't count on it. You might want to look around and see if there are similar things to do.

I see that your sail date is quite a ways out. It is possible that the excursion you want is not listed yet. I had that happen to me once, and I was told that they were waiting for inspection of that particular excursion company. About 2 months before my cruise, the excursion showed up on Carnival and I booked it. Now, I can't remember which excursion it was, but it was on the mainland in Mexico.

If the excursion is sold out it will say, "SOLD OUT!" It does not disappear from the excursion list. List someone said, wait 2 or 3 months before you're cruise, even a month before and keep checking. I booked an excursion about 2 months ago and a month ago it sold out (we are sailing Saturday). In the past 2 months I have also seen additional excursions added.

Maybe, if there is enough interest in an excursion and enough people are on the wait list to make up another group -- AND another tour operator is available -- they will make up a new group. Hope you get on one way or another!

I agree with firefly...when you board - go straight to the excursion counter. It is my understanding that they only presell some of the available spaces - because not everyone has internet access. So they "hold" some spaces to sell on board.

Good luck!!

110% Not True! Bad info, dude.... ;)

I even had email reply directly from them when I checked about that exact thing (I think I even posted their reply before, when this came up last time... I'll try to find it...) but they do not hold any tickets aside for sale onboard the ship. They specifically told me they put everything for sale online and whatever's left the ship gets.

If it sells out before cruise... too bad, snooze you lose! (my words not theirs! ;) )

What I think where the confusion lies is sometimes they can try to ask the tour operator for more tickets if the tour has sold out, but I guess it depends on the tour....

To OP, try and ask for more tickets where I did: shoreexcursions at carnival dot com

Good luck! :D

Depending on what excursion it is, they may just add another bus, boat etc.... if deemed necessary. We waited to book our Twister and Isle Passion tour in Cozumel until we boarded the ship. They actually had a big request for this excursion and added another Twister boat to accomodate everyone that wanted this tour. If you cannot book the tour now, just wait until you board and you may be surprised. Good luck to you. :)

110% Not True! Bad info, dude.... ;)

I even had email reply directly from them when I checked about that exact thing (I think I even posted their reply before, when this came up last time... I'll try to find it...) but they do not hold any tickets aside for sale onboard the ship. They specifically told me they put everything for sale online and whatever's left the ship gets.

If it sells out before cruise... too bad, snooze you lose! (my words not theirs! ;) )

What I think where the confusion lies is sometimes they can try to ask the tour operator for more tickets if the tour has sold out, but I guess it depends on the tour....

To OP, try and ask for more tickets where I did: shoreexcursions at carnival dot com

Good luck! :D

While they might hold spots open on some excursions (I really have no idea) I know they don't on all because there are been some we've been on that were totally sold out before anyone boarded the ship. That said, people do cancel pretty often, so you can always have the shore excursion desk contact you if a spot opens up.

Archived