yet another booze idea

sunsetme

I believe that this was one of the reasons that Carnival wants the wine put in your carry-ons as opposed to the checked bags. Too many passengers were putting a couple of bottles in their checked bags and THEN bringing 2 more on in the carry on. They wont mind if 2 bottles are in one bag -but- they want the other person with you as you pass through security. After all, your hubby could then carry on 2 and tell secruity the same thing " they are for my wife and she boarded separately." It most likely wont work but good luck if you can pull it off. :)

I don't think they've ever batted an eyelash at my wine, I am sure you could both bring two bottles and they wouldn't say a word. I think if they saw three bottles, or something that looked like alcohol you would then be pulled aside. I'd try it.

Cheers, Carole

OK how about I get on the ship while my DH returns the rental car, we each have 2 bottles. Will this work? It did with Oasis of the Seas, but what about Carnival embarkation?

How did you do it on Oasis. They don't allow any alcohol to be brought on the ship. I'd love to try your method!

On Carnival I think it would depend on the port of embarkation. I doubt it would work in Ft Lauderdale, but it might at Port Canaveral.

I was wondering they would let us get away with a 5 liter box for two people?

Also, are people still able to sucessfully sneak alcohol on board since they have cracked down? You don't have to tell me your method in case carnival is reading this. Just let me know if you have gotten away with it in 2011.

Sometimes you get away with it and sometimes you will not. Cant hurt to try though.

:) I agree it never hurts to try, but it sure would be a terrible thing to have the other bottles rejected. Then one would be faced with either leaving them behind or taking the time to get out of line and tote them back to the car (if you drove in) Those that flew in may be SOL.

Just a thought.... ask some stranger in line that has no wine to carry it on for you.

Did I read that champagne could be substituted for a 750 ml bottle of wine??

Thanks

I don't see why not, it is just sparkling wine.

I could be wrong, but I was always under the impression that you had to board together with your cabin mate

Perhaps someone here can confirm or deny this?

The only reason you have to board together is if your S&S account is going on the same account with one credit card~ but then you could always go thru security and then wait for them before getting in line to check in~ when you go to print out your boarding pass it will ask you if you want an all in one or individual passes~

I was wondering they would let us get away with a 5 liter box for two people?

Also, are people still able to sucessfully sneak alcohol on board since they have cracked down? You don't have to tell me your method in case carnival is reading this. Just let me know if you have gotten away with it in 2011.

Have not done this but that is about 3 times per person you are suppose to bring onboard.

Ok so if you get caught wat happens? Id hate to try this over a cheap bottle of wine or some 15 dollar bottle of liquor. Cuz I did just pay 520 bucks for two people on my cruise..

does anyone know about this.. like what do i need to expect for as baggage checks.. I was told dogs are there to walk and sniff..

any help could help

nov 27th Bahamas four day cruise out of port Canaveral

Ok so if you get caught wat happens? Id hate to try this over a cheap bottle of wine or some 15 dollar bottle of liquor. Cuz I did just pay 520 bucks for two people on my cruise..

does anyone know about this.. like what do i need to expect for as baggage checks.. I was told dogs are there to walk and sniff..

any help could help

nov 27th Bahamas four day cruise out of port Canaveral

We have cruised out of Tampa twice, the last time 3 weeks ago. Both times there were no dogs in the security area. In fact, security didn't even have us opon our carry-ons to check that we only had two bottles of wine. (perhaps they verified that on the x-ray ?) In addition, we had 6 cans of pop and a 6pk of bottled water, which they never botherd to check the seals- like I have heard so many other ports are doing.

For me, it's not really about the cost of the wine, it's more having the wine that I like to drink on board with me. We're not wine snobs but do have favorite wines that we really like and cannot purchase onboard. Before we leave we pack them in bubble wrap and fly with them in our checked bags. Once at the hotel, we change them over to our carry-ons. After going through all this trouble, I would be very unhappy if they were taken. I would love to take 3 or 4 bottles for a 7- nighter but don't want to take the risk of losing them. It's not really about the price so much as the trouble of bringing them. :)

:) I agree it never hurts to try, but it sure would be a terrible thing to have the other bottles rejected. Then one would be faced with either leaving them behind or taking the time to get out of line and tote them back to the car (if you drove in) Those that flew in may be SOL.

Ok so if you get caught wat happens?
Sealed/unopened original containers will be confiscated if found and returned to you at the end of your cruise. So while you wouldn't have it to drink onboard, it wouldn't be a total loss.

I tried to board with two BIG bottles of wine (I played dumb, which sometimes is very easy for me...) and said "it's two bottles, one for me, and one for my husband".

They took them because they were too big.

My cabin steward brought them to me the last night, right before dinner. Then returned with a bucket of ice :)

Archived