Current Concierges continued

PH8

Has any one had Nizar Laatiri as their concierge. I will be sailing with him on the EOS on Nov 3rd. We never had him. Then again I don't remember ever having a concierge that wasn't Great.

We had Nizar on the last full Enchantment cruise from Baltimore and the repo to Florida. He was in the Diamond Lounge. Really, really, nice guy. :D

Thanks for keeping this list updated! I have been corresponding with Denzil on the EX, looks like is being replaced in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Hey Robyn.,, miss you.,hope to cruise with you again.

Thanks for keeping this list updated! I have been corresponding with Denzil on the EX, looks like is being replaced in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Do you know when he is leaving? We are sailing on Nov. 3rd. Denzil has been very helpful with the few questions I've had, and was hoping he would still be there when we sailed.

Do you know when he is leaving? We are sailing on Nov. 3rd. Denzil has been very helpful with the few questions I've had, and was hoping he would still be there when we sailed.

Hey Kelly, looks like we will have Nizar Laatiri on our cruise. I hear he is a very nice guy.

Joe

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Dionne Jolly

(Sucel Nickings on vacation as of mid Aug)

AL Allure --(Concierge)-Rahim Fraoui(on vacation 12/01/13-01/05/14) AND Dexter Fraser till 01/05/14

(Fernando Ugalde Nadal on vacation till 12/01/13)

(Diamond)"Ana" Anayansy Jimenez as of 09/29/13

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Willie Salaya as of 09/15/13

(Anis Tebbeb)

(Diamond)Sascha Strack

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Gazetty James 10/14/13-10/28/13

(Reyno Varkevisser back 10/28/13)

(Diamond)Carlington Berry as of 10/14/13

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Denzil Fernandes

(Nizar Laatiri as of 10/27/13)

FR Freedom (Concierge)-Rahul Barua as of 09/15/13

(Diamond)- Bertrand Almeida till 11/03/13

GR Grandeur-(Concierge)-Francis Calimag

(Ruth Romo Ortiz)

(Diamond)George Gutierrez

ID Independence (Concierge) Nizar Laatiri till 10/27/13

(Raj Bhugwath)

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia as of 09/21/13

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Diego Tripaldi as of 06/28/13

LG Legend -(Concierge)Larisa Curduneanu as of 09/09/13

(Luca Iorio)

(Diamond)Andrew Finegold as of 09/09/13

LB Liberty- (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz till 12/07/13(Oana Papa)

(Diamond)-Mahmoud Messaoudi

(Oana Popa on vacation 10/06/13-12/06/13)

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge) &(Diamond)-Miao Miao Han

NV Navigator – (Concierge)Ricardo Mock as of 03/30/13

OA Oasis (Concierge) Charmaine Fernandes and Allan Fajardo

(Israel Sanchez on vacation 09/14/13-11/02/13)

(Diamond)Carolina Cullbera(on vacation 11/02/13-12/14/13) (Charmaine Fernandes in DL as of 11/02/13)

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen as of 09/14/13

(Diamond)HaJeong Shim"JJ" till 01/19/14

RH Rhapsody -(Concierge)Amit Chattopadhyay as of 08/16/13

(Pretty Shamu)

(Diamond) Karen Hernandez as of 06/28/13

SR Serenade - (Concierge)Mario Adonis Reyes till April 2014

(Diamond) Alan del Fiero

SP Splendour–(Concierge)Gustavo Butcher(as of 09/30/13)

(Telma Santos)

(Diamond)Gisleni Araujo

VI Vision - none till 10/28/13 (Betsy Medrano)

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Jayeon Hong as of July '13

Yangyang Qi

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

How nice to have a favorite concierge (DL or CL) and we have had many that have been ours....Sorry I must say my recent Oasis cruise concierge's never gave that opportunity...they did nothing but sit behind their desks...Our first cruise as a D+ and was very disappointed with them....I'm sure there are many of you that might know them and have sailed with them may disagree...but this was our personal experience and observation each evening :(

Edited by Ashland

He was one of the reasons I booked 3 weeks on Serenade. Is it the Mario that was on Explorer?

Yes, I cannot say how nice and what a true gentlemen. i just got an email from him. I consider him a friend for life. I hope you enjoy him as much as our group did. He went way beyond his duties making our vacations the best.

Joe & Jackie

How nice to have a favorite concierge (DL or CL) and we have had many that have been ours....Sorry I must say my recent Oasis cruise concierge's never gave that opportunity...they did nothing but sit behind their desks...Our first cruise as a D+ and was very disappointed with them....I'm sure there are many of you that might know them and have sailed with them may disagree...but this was our personal experience and observation each evening :(

Oasis concierges are wonderful. I know one from another ship where there was more time to interact. This is what I don't like about Oasis CL. It is much too large. Obviously by needing 2 concierges RCI realizes the demands are great. There are so many suite guests who are inexperienced cruisers who tend to be very needy the entire cruise. The concierges must sit behind that desk and work almost constantly. I did notice, when we were there are the right time, that the effort was made to get up and out and greet the guests. But it's just not the personal experience of the other ships or the DL on Oasis for that matter. I've heard the DL can get very busy but our experience was that the concierge had plenty of time to get to know her guests.

Gina

Oasis concierges are wonderful. I know one from another ship where there was more time to interact. This is what I don't like about Oasis CL. It is much too large. Obviously by needing 2 concierges RCI realizes the demands are great. There are so many suite guests who are inexperienced cruisers who tend to be very needy the entire cruise. The concierges must sit behind that desk and work almost constantly. I did notice, when we were there are the right time, that the effort was made to get up and out and greet the guests. But it's just not the personal experience of the other ships or the DL on Oasis for that matter. I've heard the DL can get very busy but our experience was that the concierge had plenty of time to get to know her guests.

Gina

We were on Oasis, this week.... And yes, the concierge lounge is way too busy, even with two of them! We had not problems!!! with 175 D+ and suites guests, it's very hard for them to get to know everybody!!!

I think that Allan and Charmaine did a great job!!!

Franca

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We were on Oasis, this week.... And yes, the concierge lounge is way too busy, even with two of them! We had not problems!!! with 175 D+ and suites guests, it's very hard for them to get to know everybody!!!

Franca

Wow, if the two concierges were overwhelmed by 175D+ and suite guests, what would they do with the 900+ diamond, diamond plus and suite guests that were on our recent transatlantic:confused:

Edited by billsgal

Franca

Our Oct 5th Oasis cruise the CL was not overly busy when we were there each evening between 5-7:00pm...in fact there were always seats available (even many empty ones each evening) and the upstairs area was not used at all....So no reason for them to sit behind their desks, and many times just talking between themselves..

There appeared from observation to be only a handfull of unexperienced suite cruisers... and no one seemed to require "extra" attention or took up their time standing at the desk...Occasionally someone would go up and ask what appeared to be a quick question which seemed to require little effort on their part.

I personally only asked them "one" question and that was about the Bridge & Galley tour (I hadn't received the card to sign up for it) and they told me to see the LA (which meant I had to stand in a rather long line..which I did) and made no effort to follow up with me that it had been taken care of...they didn't seem to care.

Glad you had a good impression of them..sorry but we most certainly didn't, and realize each cruise and experience can be viewed very differently by each of us...This was just our experience and offered as nothing more nothing less.

Edited by Ashland

Wow, if the two concierges were overwhelmed by 175D+ and suite guests, what would they do with the 900+ diamond, diamond plus and suite guests that were on our recent transatlantic:confused:

Good point.... and that's the difference between great concierge's, good ones and ones that have gotten too comfortable with their positions.

I don't think Cruisemami said they were overwhelmed. They certainly weren't overwhelmed when I was there. Just very busy. I've only been on Oasis twice - may and August. It seems that there are many suite guests who also seem to be less experienced cruisers on these larger ships. We went to the CL often and noticed lines at the desk almost all of the time. When there were no people in line they were busy doing paper work to follow up on all there is to do. But they still did get up and come by to say hello when they could, which I admit wasn't often.

On the other hand we actually spent more time in the DL because we find it amusing to watch what is going on in the promenade and it was much less crowded there. The concierge spent a lot of time socializing with us and others. She did tell us she loves working in the DL because it does allow her more time to socialize and very little paperwork compared to the CL. Yes, we had this conversation. She said all of her guests are experienced and require very little help overall.

We found both lounges to have a totally different atmosphere. Unlike most people we like the DL better in many ways. But I don't find the CL concierges at all unfriendly or overwhelmed. Just legitimately busy.

Gina

Ok,I stand corrected, she didn't say overwhelmed.

However, the concierges on our transatlantic were overwhelmed (IMHO)by the volume of members having access to the lounges. However, the diamond concierge seemed to handle it better, as he did try to say hello to everyone who entered the lounge. On the Baltic part of our B2B, the concierge in the concierge lounge was able to handle the guests without a problem, but on the TA he didn't acknowledge the guests as they entered the lounge and didn't come around to speak to the guests (but to be fair he was sitting at his desk on his computer so he could have been solving problems for guests).

However, on our Allure cruise the two concierges sat at their desk and said hello and goodbye....never bothered to mingle with the guests.

To be fair, that Allure cruise and our experience with Willie on the Freedom were the only times in 60+ RCI cruises that we had no interaction with a concierge. In all our other cruises the concierges have been friendly, outgoing, and certainly have been interacting with the guests. Guess that is a pretty good average:)

Edited by billsgal