Best time to embark Millenium

CASPALL

I like to arrive to the cruise terminal between 10:30am-11:00am as I like to be among the first to board. Sometimes I end up having to wait a couple of hours, sometimes boarding begins right around 11:00am. It depends on how quickly the prior sailing's debarkation was completed. Sometimes delay occur with the previous sailing's debarkation and in that case the wait time can be lengthy if you arrive real early to the pier. You have to decide if the reward of being on the ship as early as possible is worth the risk of potentially having a long wait at the terminal. For me it is, for others it is not.

We often arrive around 12:30. Usually by that time, the initial groundswell of those who want to be onboard first has passed, and we find the lines short and quick. Occasionally we will get caught in the long lines if there has been some kind of delay, which does happen. On very rare occasions, boarding can be delayed a couple of hours.

OK. This is going to be one of those questions where you just slap your forehead and say 'is he kidding'?

I'm flying into Miami from West Virginia and will arrive late the day before the cruise. Since check-out isn't until noon the following day (embarkation day) at the Intercontinental I've bought a ticket for the Open Top Bus Tour that covers downtown and Miami Beach sights. The first one is at 9am and done 90 minutes later. This takes me to approx. 10:30am. Still have 90 minutes before check-out and two hours before the apparent 'best time' to check-in at the ship.

Here's the question: Knowing you'll be on the ship for ten days, and knowing you don't have a lot of time to enjoy Miami pre- or post-cruise, would you take the opportunity to eat lunch at a nice Bayside restaurant, or head for the ship anyway and eat lunch there?

THANKS....:D

OK. This is going to be one of those questions where you just slap your forehead and say 'is he kidding'?

I'm flying into Miami from West Virginia and will arrive late the day before the cruise. Since check-out isn't until noon the following day (embarkation day) at the Intercontinental I've bought a ticket for the Open Top Bus Tour that covers downtown and Miami Beach sights. The first one is at 9am and done 90 minutes later. This takes me to approx. 10:30am. Still have 90 minutes before check-out and two hours before the apparent 'best time' to check-in at the ship.

Here's the question: Knowing you'll be on the ship for ten days, and knowing you don't have a lot of time to enjoy Miami pre- or post-cruise, would you take the opportunity to eat lunch at a nice Bayside restaurant, or head for the ship anyway and eat lunch there?

THANKS....:D

Easy answer for me... just sailed on the Millennium and arrived at the port at 11:15 am, walked right on the ship a few minutes later. :)

You can go to the buffet and take your food outside to the aft where there are tables set up, bar service , and a beautiful view of the water. Stress is gone because you know you have arrived! Same view you would get from Bayside, except instead of viewing the ship in the distance, you are ON THE SHIP!!!!

Just my honest opinion.

Archived