S = Class , no clothesline

monkeyinhat

I believe I read that namely Equinox does not have a clothesline?

If this is correct is there somewhere, somehow , recommendations for drying some "delicates" and quick dry tank tops? Things that I handwash at home.

I usually roll in a towel and "squish" , hang and they dry quickly.

thanks

If this is correct is there somewhere, somehow , recommendations for drying some "delicates" and quick dry tank tops? Things that I handwash at home.

thanks

Just hang them on clips in your closet. Take some clips with you as there may not be enough trouser hangers available.

There are two small hooks inside the shower cubicle at the same height as the shower head,and I was able to attach a stretchy travel washing line to the shower head at one end and the hook at the other. I left it in position for our entire cruise and it did not interfere with the operation of the shower.I was able to hang our swimsuits (mine,husbands and two daughters)from it and they dried very quickly.

The washing line is the twisted elastic kind that you slide the garments into with no need for pegs.You can purchase them at airports here in Europe and very easily on-line.

We sailed on Equinox 31 October 2011 and were in a balcony cabin on deck 9.

There are two small hooks inside the shower cubicle at the same height as the shower head,and I was able to attach a stretchy travel washing line to the shower head at one end and the hook at the other. I left it in position for our entire cruise and it did not interfere with the operation of the shower.I was able to hang our swimsuits (mine,husbands and two daughters)from it and they dried very quickly.

The washing line is the twisted elastic kind that you slide the garments into with no need for pegs.You can purchase them at airports here in Europe and very easily on-line.

Rick Steves sells a very nice one of these twisted clothes lines or they can be purchased on amazon dot com.

These elastic lines are GREAT. We got one for a Europe cruise/trip last year and used it often for the unmentionables.

Came in especially handy in the hotel rooms in Spain and France.

I have one of these in my travel laundry kit so it got used. I was honestly surprised that there wasn't a clothesline considering that the S class was designed with feedback from 5 women travelers!

another thing we do on cruises is bring a couple of those hooks which stick to the wall by suction. You can hang a bathing suit or a pair of the aforementioned 'unmentionables' on it. You can also put your tank top on a hanger and hang it on this hook if the closet is too jammed packed (which it may be on S class as the closets are pretty small IMHO).

thanks

No. Lot he's lines suggest a stretch cloth line Rick Steve's has a good one to use for the undies inflatable hanger. Try magellan s for tee shirts other than that budget for laundry aboard

Carole

thanks

We were just on the Silhouette, and got TOTALLY DRENCHED during a ship-sponsored Catamaran Excursion in St. Lucia. Nothing would have dried in a bathroom without circulation or in the closet.

I had to rinse the salt water out of everything, then roll the clothes in towels to partially get the wetness out.

I ran a line from the shelf next to the TV into a towel rack in the bathroom. It was in the way for a while, but it worked! I'm including a picture.

I can't believe that a cruise line who had women help design the cabins didn't think of a solution to a water-based problem.

Clothesline.jpg.ea096b36695eec9d14c21f4d2f6adad0.jpg

If you roll your clothes in a towel and leave them rolledfor a couple of hours, the towel will absorb most of the water. After that, simply hang your clothes on hangers. Just don't leave the rolled towels out in the open where they can be mistaken for used towels.

I find that pool towels work best for larger items.

Regardless of the gender of folks providing input into the design of the S class ships, it seems rather amazing that something so long in existence in hotels and on cruise ships and so basic and elementary as a clothesline in the bathroom should have been left out. Really a head scratcher.

Regardless of the gender of folks providing input into the design of the S class ships, it seems rather amazing that something so long in existence in hotels and on cruise ships and so basic and elementary as a clothesline in the bathroom should have been left out. Really a head scratcher.

Then again laudry is a revenue mine

Carole

We were just on the Silhouette, and got TOTALLY DRENCHED during a ship-sponsored Catamaran Excursion in St. Lucia. Nothing would have dried in a bathroom without circulation or in the closet.

I had to rinse the salt water out of everything, then roll the clothes in towels to partially get the wetness out.

I ran a line from the shelf next to the TV into a towel rack in the bathroom. It was in the way for a while, but it worked! I'm including a picture.

I can't believe that a cruise line who had women help design the cabins didn't think of a solution to a water-based problem.

TO BOBBI JANE,

Great pic... do tell us what you used as your clothes line... was it a home-made solution (and if so what... and how long a span) or an actual product (such as a bungie cord or one of these twisted clotheslines ala Rick Steeves that some of the other Cruisers in this post have mentioned)

Lol, Curious Minds want to know...

Cheers!

Ahh, but there's that bar to place your foot on when shaving your legs. Maybe after they thought that one up they opened a bottle of wine to celebrate their cleverness and got too tipsy to remember about the clothes line. As for that foot bar, I never used it for what is was intended for because if I did my wife would start worrying about my sanity. :D

Then again laudry is a revenue mine

Carole

I think this post is on the right track :rolleyes:

Thanks to this thread for the reminder, I have just been out and bought another twisty clothes line for our second cabin on Silhouette next year.

Am giving it to my mother for Xmas, she is cruising with us and I am getting a small practical gift pack together

Archived