Shy Girl Goes To Sea. An Ecstasy Review 11/17/11

TriciaEMTB

I've enjoyed your review also.

pretty sure I wouldn't be able to travel by myself, way too nervous, but you did really well, very adventurous indeed.

Love the photos, the dolphins were amazing.

Are they wild dolphins then or are they dolphins that were once kept in captivity and are now released in that lagoon/ocean area? Sorry I'm not very clued up on the areas you visited.

Happy future cruises.

They're captive dolphins that are allowed out into the ocean. I don't know if it's just for the swim or if they're allowed out at other times, but they must be happy. They had plenty of chance to escape. They swam ahead of us out to ocean and were back to the bay area before us too. There is nothing keeping them from swimming off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I decided to scrap the second cruise.

I'm trying to go back to school after this cruise and get into nursing school.

Thank you everyone for such lovely comments.

Just stumbled onto this review and it was a pleasure reading it. I'm going on my first solo cruise on the Elation in a few weeks and I can't wait. Thanks again for writing about your advenure. It's given me so many ideas for my upcoming trip.

• 4 weeks later...
Solos can't stand being called brave! Several threads about it on the solo board.

Take the jump, it's fun doing what you want when you want.

Know this is an older review thread, but amen to this!

Take the plunge, take a solo cruise. Don't know what you're missing until you try it. Being able to do what you want when you want s the best, especially on a cruise. :-)

Thanks so much! You will have a great time! Unfortunately Steve Cassel won't be your CD :(!!!

Yea!! I saw the list and I was disappointed he wasn't going to be our CD. I heard so much good stuff about him and his fiddle playing.

I ran into a towel elephant at work 8ec581f2-b3f3-63fa.jpg

I think mine was better.

I am YouTubeing towel animal makings, i want to leave one for my room steward the first night before he leaves one in November I'm trying to make the monkey. I might just have to settle for something not as complicated. Maybe a sea vagina... Errr walrus :)

GREAT review, we are taking our son on the Ecstasy for his high school graduation celebration, he opted to go on a cruise instead of a big grad party! Can't wait! :)

Have to tell you that your post made me smile. My oldest daughter graduates from college next year and I am REALLY hoping that she will choose a cruise as a graduation celebration! Chances are pretty good because we have already had three very happy mother/daughter cruises together! I don't think I will have to twist her arm to cruise again.

Happy cruising and congratulations to your son on his graduation:)

I ran into a towel elephant at work 8ec581f2-b3f3-63fa.jpg

I think mine was better.

I am YouTubeing towel animal makings, i want to leave one for my room steward the first night before he leaves one in November I'm trying to make the monkey. I might just have to settle for something not as complicated. Maybe a sea vagina... Errr walrus :)

Hi! Most excellent review of the Ecstasy. We are sailing her in January and I hope that we can experience a great time ourselves. Thank you for taking the time to post such a readable, honest, enjoyable recap of your vacation. I really appreciate the perspective you offered.

I have to say that my heart warmed when you told about your room steward re-doing the elephant towel animal you left him. I just love the quiet, perfect service I get from the stewards. It seems as though they anticipate my needs and meet them before I have to ask! Even though they have to perform the same tasks day after day after day.... They can still manage to inject a personal touch. Love it!

Congratulations on going back to school. You will not regret it. I am a nurse myself and find it to be a rewarding, although difficult job.

Best of Luck! Thanks again for the review:)

Tricia..I loved your review. Cruising is so addictive. I'm never truly happy unless I've got a cruise booked!

Great pictures too.

I feel the same way!!!

Must have a cruise booked or be planning a cruise to feel happy! :)

Trish, I'm so glad that your thread was reinstated. Earlier in the year I came across your cruise review and was glued to your every post! Was blue when it faded away - now that it's back, I read it all over again. I sure hope you enjoy all your future cruises (and write about them - so we can all enjoy it with you - all over again!

Please ---- keep writing

fiddle2faddle, another cruise lover

ps - i think your version of the walrus is the most antonomicly (sp) correct!!!

i ran into a towel elephant at work 8ec581f2-b3f3-63fa.jpg

i think mine was better.

I am youtubeing towel animal makings, i want to leave one for my room steward the first night before he leaves one in november i'm trying to make the monkey. I might just have to settle for something not as complicated. Maybe a sea vagina... Errr walrus :)

sent from my iphone using tapatalk

OK, Tricia!

1. Some of your pix just showed on my 'puter as a little box with a red X. I clicked on them but no luck. One of them was you in your elegant black dress! I would love to see it, I've tried scrolling back but have no idea where it is. Do you know what page it's on.

2. Your writing is very good. You could do a whole series of stories. A Shy Girl Goes To . . . (you fill in the blank!) You really could do this and I for one would BUY your stories.! Don't change one thing about your writing. It's so descriptive and just GREAT!!!!!:D

OK, Tricia!

1. Some of your pix just showed on my 'puter as a little box with a red X. I clicked on them but no luck. One of them was you in your elegant black dress! I would love to see it, I've tried scrolling back but have no idea where it is. Do you know what page it's on.

2. Your writing is very good. You could do a whole series of stories. A Shy Girl Goes To . . . (you fill in the blank!) You really could do this and I for one would BUY your stories.! Don't change one thing about your writing. It's so descriptive and just GREAT!!!!!:D

= so glad that i wasn't the only one...couldn't see the formal night pictures or the ones on shutter (password needed) - I also loved the review but felt shortchanged that I couldn't see all the pictures! :(

Archived