Tender in Cozumel.

gafchic

When the ship docks in Cozumel do you have to board a tender or do you dock directly in Cozumel. This is our first cruise and I don't like small boats so I am a little nervous about the tender. We will be on the Destiny Dec 22.

When the ship docks in Cozumel do you have to board a tender or do you dock directly in Cozumel. This is our first cruise and I don't like small boats so I am a little nervous about the tender. We will be on the Destiny Dec 22.

There are several docks in Cozumel. I have never seen them have to tender people ashore. Hope someone that has been on that ship will respond.

Just a word about Cozumel. We have been there several times and there are several docks. Carnival's dock is not right downtown. You have to take a taxi into town (or other areas which you want to see...) There is a small shopping area at the dock, but the main shopping is a taxi ride away. It's not expensive, but get ready for the ride of your life! :)

Just a word about Cozumel. We have been there several times and there are several docks. Carnival's dock is not right downtown. You have to take a taxi into town (or other areas which you want to see...) There is a small shopping area at the dock, but the main shopping is a taxi ride away. It's not expensive, but get ready for the ride of your life! :)

I know what you mean about the taxis in Mexico. We were in Cancun a few years ago.

Every time I have been to Coz, there are 2 ships there, next to each other.. Sometimes they are the same class and some people drink too much and get confused ! We like to look off the balcony down the middle and a whole bunch of other people on their balconys on both ships looking over and when people come late and barely make it, every one cheers and claps ! It is the funniest thing

There's several nice restaurants in Cozumel. One of my favorites is Casa Denis and is located a block south of the town square. Their web site is http://www.casadenis.com. One of the art auctioneers on the Triumph told me about Casa Denis and recommended the sopa de lima - lime soup, which was delicious.

Have a great cruise on the Destiny!

There are several cruise docks in Cozumel, but it is still possible that some ships tender. When we were there last month on Carnival Conquest one of the NCL ships tendered.

In your case, I wouldn't sweat it -you will dock.

A number of pictures from our last visit - in our case, Carnival Conquest docked at International pier, but as previously mentioned, you should be at Puerta Maya. I didn't do an excursion but sort of walked around downtown after walking to Puerta Maya and then decided to go downtown.

06 - Fri, Nov 18, 2011, Cozumel - 9am-5pm

Page1

Page2

Page3

Page4

Enjoy!

There are several docks in Cozumel. I have never seen them have to tender people ashore. Hope someone that has been on that ship will respond.

They do tender at Cozumel, but only when it's very busy and usually with smaller ships. We had to tender there a couple years ago on NCL Sun, that's the only time I've ever seen them us tenders.

OP--you will certainly be docked, have fun!

There's several nice restaurants in Cozumel. One of my favorites is Casa Denis and is located a block south of the town square. Their web site is www.casadenis.com. One of the art auctioneers on the Triumph told me about Casa Denis and recommended the sopa de lima - lime soup, which was delicious.

Have a great cruise on the Destiny!

Mention their web site and get a free margarita!

Most of the time, you dock in Cozumel. There are occasions when you tender but it is not very often, but it is not unheard of.

I'd like to see a map showing the names of the piers in Cozumel as well. Oddly, Google Maps does not list them by name, and omits the southernmost pier completely. I'm guessing it's the newest?

I'll be in Coz on Carnival Imagination on Feb. 1st...according to that most-excellent cruisett website posted earlier, there will be three ships in port, and we are slated to dock in Puerta Maya. I -think- that's the one closest to town, the mainland ferries, etc., right?

As for tendering, I noticed this on CruiseTT for Feb. 17th:

17-Feb-12 port load: 24541

Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Spirit, Norwegian Star, Mariner Of The Seas, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Valor, Ryndam, Allure Of The Seas

Wow! 8 ships, and one of them is Allure, so it's more like 9. :)

Pretty good bet Ryndam and at least one of the NCL ships will tender that day. Why Ryndam? I was watching from afar on http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ (type in "Cozumel" as the port) and a few days ago Ryndam was tendering -- she was moored north of the two cruise piers.

Archived