Whoa.... A LOT of Posts

sail7seas

Isn't the morning posting usually less active than the afternoon and evening? especially on the weekend?
Probably, as the US/Canada west coast is just about getting into the day now. We've done 805 posts in the last hour, so 6,865 posts will take almost 9 hours at that pace ... 20:00!
Same time zone where CC offices are located would seem right. Pacific?
Are you thinking HAL HQ? I believe CC HQ is Parsippany NJ. Or somewhere in NJ. That would mean Eastern time would be most appropriate.

I think we need to take it upon ourselves to declare it will be as of West Coast time. We probably will need every last minute we can get.

Seeing a large percentage of CC posters are North American (and seeing Europe is so many time zones later), we probably should make it a North American time zone? No?

Can't be Australia/New Zealand........ it's too late. :eek: (Happy New Year !)

[franklin gothic medium]Probably, as the US west coast is just about getting into the day now. We've done 805 posts in the last hour, so 6,865 posts will take almost 9 hours at that pace ... 20:00![/font]

That's earlier than your last projection, so we are at least keeping on pace.

It looks like it will be the last day of 2011 for some, and the first day of 2012 for others. That's kind of neat. Close one year, and open the other with "the" post, all at the same time.

just came across this thread because it was listed in the "last post"column on the home page for the BOARDS and I was curious. have you tried posting a thread on boards other than Holland america? That would help reach more people.

I am finding the postings a bit slower the last few days. I think alot of people are busy with holiday plans.

good luck on reaching your goal. happy new years' to all.

just came across this thread because it was listed in the "last post"column on the home page for the BOARDS and I was curious. have you tried posting a thread on boards other than Holland america? That would help reach more people.

I am finding the postings a bit slower the last few days. I think alot of people are busy with holiday plans.

good luck on reaching your goal. happy new years' to all.

I was just over on the Carnival Board and they posted some to their thread. It's just a quiet time of year for lots of active posts, I think. I still think it'll happen tomorrow. :)

Nice way to being 2012 with a CruiseCritic Milestone!!! :)

Same time zone where CC offices are located would seem right. Pacific?
I've checked the IP address where I've received a couple of emails from cruisecritic.com and they came from servers in San Antonio ... so maybe the "official" time zone should be Central! :)
yikes. That means I have to stay up till 3 a m.
No, at the current rate (705 in the last hour) it'll be around 9:00p Eastern.

Probably, as the US/Canada west coast is just about getting into the day now. We've done 805 posts in the last hour, so 6,865 posts will take almost 9 hours at that pace ... 20:00!

Are you thinking HAL HQ? I believe CC HQ is Parsippany NJ. Or somewhere in NJ. That would mean Eastern time would be most appropriate.

I think they are in Pennington, NJ actually. At least I know some of them are as I asked them about a job that was posted for that area. Either way if they are in NJ they are in my time zone. Personally, i'd rather it happen after I'm home from my NYE party so that I can see it happen, but that's just selfishness on my part LOL.

I've checked the IP address where I've received a couple of emails from cruisecritic.com and they came from servers in San Antonio ... so maybe the "official" time zone should be Central! :)

No, at the current rate (705 in the last hour) it'll be around 9:00p Eastern.

You are definitely the info please member@!!! Thanks so much for sharing all the updates and info. I, for one, appreciate it.

The post rate is slowing a bit. 1233 in the last 2 hours. New projection at this rate: 22:09 Eastern. :)

I imagine that as the day wears on the posting rate may slow a bit as people get ready for this evening even if it's just cooking their own dinner at home. The only reason I'm on right now is that we're going to have a phone meeting with friends about our Med cruise here in about 45 minutes.

Archived