Have you seen the new Shell Phone?

Pumbaamd

I must be nutty because this made me tear up! It makes cruising about treating yourself well, and getting away from the grind. It appeals to those who want to get away from the hussle and bussle and relax. The other ads were too IN YOUR FACE. For some reason this commercial feels more personal. Plus the plus is the voice is Jasmine from Disney's Aladdin! So sweet!

I just got my email today. There were good things and bad things about it.

It did make me think of being in the ocean and feeling that complete escape from it all - relaxed. I think that is what they were trying to make you think about. I do think they needed to say come to Royal to get it. They talked about being waited on and pampered very lightly. If anything I felt the ads were more about the ocean than RCCL.

We will each have opinions and hopefully someone from RCCL will read all of our comments and make some changes.

Overall, I like RCCL and that is why I keep cruising on their ships.

I too watched the video via the email link...thought it was a really good ad! I liked the fact that the people were all in a 'big city' type of environment so it speaks well to the 'go to the sea to relax' theme... Great job RCI! I also think the ad CAN and DOES speak to the loyal cruisers...I'm sure a lot of us are a part of the daily 'hustle and bussel' in normal every day life.

Yes RCI, you're speaking to me, I'm listening and I'm going to sea again in 2012...:)

Sorry but I didn't get it. Voice was annoying and unless you already know Royal Caribbean it means nothing. More of a promotion for cruising than for RC.

People that cruise frequently already have a choice of cruise lines, or at least know of the major ones. This ad was targeted at those that are new to cruising. It gives them the feeling of wanting to experience the sea, then ends with a solution of how to do it (Royal Caribbean). It's pretty classic and simple. I'm working on my masters in marketing, I study a lot of commercials.

People that cruise frequently already have a choice of cruise lines, or at least know of the major ones. This ad was targeted at those that are new to cruising. It gives them the feeling of wanting to experience the sea, then ends with a solution of how to do it (Royal Caribbean). It's pretty classic and simple. I'm working on my masters in marketing so I study a lot of commercials.

Just being the devil here! :D So what in this commercial would make you want to cruise Royal Caribbean? Nothing. If it did give me interest in the sea, I would go to computer and compare prices and book Carnival because they are the cheapest. Shouldn't the commerical be touting the reasons why we all think that Royal is the best? (and we do!)

Just being the devil here! :D So what in this commercial would make you want to cruise Royal Caribbean? Nothing. If it did give me interest in the sea, I would go to computer and compare prices and book Carnival because they are the cheapest. Shouldn't the commerical be touting the reasons why we all think that Royal is the best? (and we do!)

To be fair, you're not the average cruiser. Everyone here knows to do research and find the best deals. Most don't. It's like when I hear ads for ski resorts or something similar. When I hear the ad, I don't really think about comparing prices of different ski resorts, I think "hmm, that's different, maybe I'll check it out" and I go online and only look at that one. It's just generally how consumers think. When you think about something new, in this case taking a cruise, you're drawn to the first option that's presented to you after you get the idea.

the ad seemed geared to lure bookings for the Oasis class. LOL, looks like the honeymoon is over for Oasis of the Seas, last months AARP mag said Oasis' premium pricing is gone and she's down to $100 per night per person.

And this 11/30/11 article says different.

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/11/royal-caribbean-allure-cruise-ship/575132/1

I haven't seen many prices averaging out at a hundred bucks a day. I also did not see this as a target for the Oasis class. Sure RCI showed their newest and best ship. What company doesn't when it comes to advertising?

For my sailing next month on Allure,

JS cabins are going for $3100.00 a person - All other suites are sold out.

Balcony cabins start at $1400.00 a person and go up to $2060.00 a person.

Outside starts at $1200.00 a person

Inside cabins start at $1070.00 a person.

There may be some reduced pricing closer to the cruise for over 55, law enforcement and military but RCI is still getting premium rates on average for these two ships.

To be fair, you're not the average cruiser. Everyone here knows to do research and find the best deals. Most don't. It's like when I hear ads for ski resorts or something similar. When I hear the ad, I don't really think about comparing prices of different ski resorts, I think "hmm, that's different, maybe I'll check it out" and I go online and only look at that one. It's just generally how consumers think. When you think about something new, in this case taking a cruise, you're drawn to the first option that's presented to you after you get the idea.

This is what the average young person with minimum Internet skill will do if interested in the commercial. :D

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=cruising+the+sea

Patti:

Who did you see?

Rick

Yea,I didnt realize it was real people..to me the 2 girls look like the twins from Jon and Kate:)

In the video that starts with Adam Goldstein, after Betsy O'Rouke speaks about C&A Members giving feedback, I saw Skiiergirl and Mr. Ski sitting on a circular couch. The following shot showed a group that was sitting on the same couch............there are 8 people.......the first six are Ron & Yvette from California, Jim and Karen and Linda and Dennis from Florida. They are all PC Members and we have cruised with them often. I'm sorry that I don't know the names of the 4th couple, but they do look familiar.

Archived