Have you seen the new Shell Phone?

Pumbaamd

It was a good ad, but for many of us loyal, long time RC customers who can not cruise in the winter, it does not solve the problem of lack of summer carribbean sailings.

I agree - love the ad - for us it isn't all about the activities - its about the sea! (note my location)

But I was astonished when I tried to look for a late Oct. early Nov. cruise! Many of the ships aren't even in the Caribbean until November. Is it that hurricaines are more prevelant now? Or they are just spreading things out to do different ports in different parts of the world?

Oh Oh! It's turning into a love fest here for the shell ads! And I'm the lone poopie head! :D Hopefully they will grow on me. I watched again. I also watched The executive video. I'm still kind of luke cool about it. :rolleyes:

I thought the premise was cute but then it got dumb. Sorry, I'm in the minority, but I did not like it.

It will be a good campaign once the b-roll video is cut into 30-60 second spot segments. The version that's on C&A now will in all probability never be seen in this form other than onboard ship. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a 30-second spot using the outtakes followed by a 30-second spot with a cut of what's on this b-roll footage.

Archived