Have you seen the new Shell Phone?

Pumbaamd

In the video that starts with Adam Goldstein, after Betsy O'Rouke speaks about C&A Members giving feedback, I saw Skiiergirl and Mr. Ski sitting on a circular couch. The following shot showed a group that was sitting on the same couch............there are 8 people.......the first six are Ron & Yvette from California, Jim and Karen and Linda and Dennis from Florida. They are all PC Members and we have cruised with them often. I'm sorry that I don't know the names of the 4th couple, but they do look familiar.

Is there a second video? I only saw the one with the shell and all the people out on the street.

Edit: Cruisingator and I were posting at same time. Thx for the link.

Here is the link to the longer video that Patti is referring to. Has some funny outtakes near the end. You can make the video full screen by clicking on the "X" at the bottom right hand corner of the video.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid458674443001?bctid=1318748881001

How can anyone not feel good watching that!:):):p

How can anyone not feel good watching that!:):):p

Oh dear! :D As I raise my arm. I wish RCI would have spent their avertising budget better. I really consider myself an upbeat positive person, however, I have nothing nice to say about this new campaign. It's not going to bring new business to RCI in my humble opinion. :( Sorry RCI it's a fail. If RCI wants to sell more cruises they need to show why we choose RCI. It's the ships, the beautiful ships and all they have to offer. Let's face it the itineraries are pretty standard. It's the ships! :D

Here is the link to the longer video that Patti is referring to. Has some funny outtakes near the end. You can make the video full screen by clicking on the "X" at the bottom right hand corner of the video.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid458674443001?bctid=1318748881001

Oops, thanks Gordon.:o I watched the link you provided on the C&A Home Page which is where Betsy's link in her email took me to when I clicked on it. I just assumed everyone was on the same page, so to speak!:D

I liked it well enough, it does speak to me as someone who does enjoy being on the sea and misses it when I'm not. But that's preaching to the choir. :p

This is totally anecdotal but the friends I have who have never cruised are either afraid of being in the middle of the ocean, or they just have an outdated idea of what cruising offers - despite me trying to convince them otherwise! I still think that the ads that focused on all the activities and chances for relaxation really drew people in who may not have understood what a "modern" cruise is really all about.

In the video that starts with Adam Goldstein, after Betsy O'Rouke speaks about C&A Members giving feedback, I saw Skiiergirl and Mr. Ski sitting on a circular couch. The following shot showed a group that was sitting on the same couch............there are 8 people.......the first six are Ron & Yvette from California, Jim and Karen and Linda and Dennis from Florida. They are all PC Members and we have cruised with them often. I'm sorry that I don't know the names of the 4th couple, but they do look familiar.

Got it..thought you meant in the commercial.............didnt watch AG's video.:o

Thanks for sharing this link. I had the commercial link in an email. I LOVED it!!! Especially, the part where it mentions the massage and the ladies reaction. I TOTALLY would react THAT way!!! The outtake, "Don't break the shell, don't break the shell!", made me giggle! (Yes, I teach kindergarten!) And the "boyfriend" @ the end made me crack up laughing! Love, LoVe, LOVED it!!!

Oops, thanks Gordon.:o I watched the link you provided on the C&A Home Page which is where Betsy's link in her email took me to when I clicked on it. I just assumed everyone was on the same page, so to speak!:D

Here at Cruise Critic??:D

Sorry I think it's dumb. I would rather see the ships and destinations over a bunch of people having a conversation with a shell.

Agree, the clip link that I got by email I did not like much. Way too long and did nt get to the point - especially did not get to "the product". About 25% of what I do at work is Marketing related (in an IT sort of way). One of the big thungs we stive for is to make sure the product is front & center. The video goes on and on and on before the viewer ever sees the sea (or a ship) or understands it is about cruising - Royal Caribbean in particular. I LOVE being at sea (hence liking transatlantics) but nothing in the Shell Phone conversations evoked the feelings I look for like a shot of bow cutting through water or a nice sunset over the water. People complain about "all sizzle and no steak" marketing but this video didn't even have any sizzle.

On other hand if this is really an intro to a series I might see how it could work. Perhaps follow up with Sea telling people about real cruise features AND SHOW SOME IMAGES. I think many of the images in the longer video (the one with comentary and out takes) were great. Perhaps they will incorporate those later in followup ads.

But this one so far just does not turn my crank like "Lust for Life" did. Every time I heard that drum beat I salivated worse than Pavlov's dogs. ;)

Oh Oh! It's turning into a love fest here for the shell ads! And I'm the lone poopie head! :D Hopefully they will grow on me. I watched again. I also watched The executive video. I'm still kind of luke cool about it. :rolleyes:

I'm with you somewhat. At first I thought it was kind of sappy. Then I thought it wasn't a good ad for people who have never cruised before because they probably don't hear the sea calling. I thought it was a good ad for people who have cruised before, but may have forgotten how much they enjoy it? Who are those crazy people? I guess I didn't like it because it wasn't targeted at me ;) But they already have me, they just need to find a way to double my salary and increase my vacation. In return I'd go from one cruise a year to two.

But this one so far just does not turn my crank like "Lust for Life" did. Every time I heard that drum beat I salivated worse than Pavlov's dogs. ;)

You must be a very intelligent person, I find myself agreeing with you on multiple threads. ;)

i watched it, and was not all giddy like a school girl on prom night. yeah, i'm looking forward to my cruise in 22 days (but whose counting), however this commercial didn't really do anything for me. I want to see the sea, the ports, the ships. I guess i'm a very visual being, so this new "Answer it Royally" campaign did not hit the mark IMO. so i'm joining the minority here at CC and giving it the thumbs down.

Since all Royal Caribbean ships are something "of the Seas", the ad should end plural -- "The Seas are calling."

That is a great idea. I love the ad, actually, more and more, but combined with your idea, and maybe screen shots of a few of the ships, ship names on the bow of the ship, etc. I think would've been awesome.

We both liked it. We love the sea and hear it calling all the time. And I love seashells so it really worked for me. The people seemed genuinely surprised and happy to be talking to "the sea." I liked it's slant of getting away from it all and recharging - just what we did on our recent TA. I wrote RCI and told them I liked it.

Since all Royal Caribbean ships are something "of the Seas", the ad should end plural -- "The Seas are calling."

That is a great idea. I love the ad, actually, more and more, but combined with your idea, and maybe screen shots of a few of the ships, ship names on the bow of the ship, etc. I think would've been awesome.

I like it!

Archived