Have you seen the new Shell Phone?

Pumbaamd

This is my favorite RCI ad ever. It makes me want to pack right now and just go wait at the terminal! It reminds me of the main reason I love to cruise, the pull of the ocean to my very soul. Love the ad!!

But then, I *hated* the "lust for life" ads, so I know I'm the oddball here. :p

-gina-

I guess he feels that people with more money, the same people who can afford higher priced cruises, also have more class and will provide a better on board environment for all. I have never read a study that equates the size of one's bank account to the amout of "class" a person has. But that may just speak to my inadequate educational experience.

I can tell you that some of the people who I know that don't have much are also some of the most appreciative people that I take care of. And some of the folks I know who have plenty also have the biggest senses of entitlement. I know which ones I would rather be in the middle of the ocean on a cruise ship with.

This is so true. I have traveled both the small luxury lines as well as the mass market lines. I have found the people on the small luxury lines do have a tendency to show a sense of entitlement that is a bit off putting. But I've also met some of the bawdiest, most fun people on these ships too!

I thought the ad was too corny. It would not make me want to cruise RCI over another cruiseline and RCI was mentioned too late in the ad.

That was my take. I think it's a totally great idea, just not executed toward the RCI brand very well. When I first heard, 'the sea is calling', I thought of Windjammer Cruises.

I just got the email. Ugh. Sorry I think it's dumb. I would rather see the ships and destinations over a bunch of people having a conversation with a shell. I really wished I thought it was cool. But it doesn't work for me. :(

I'm with you. I lost interest and didn't even watch the whole video.

The new ad is interesting, but it could use a little improvement. I think it would be a good idea to show a scene of one of their ships after the sea tells them about what you can do on their ships. (Examples: Show a restaurant after the sea says "You can go to amazing restaurants", Show someone on the flowrider after the sea mentions "surfing", etc.)

And after showing the flowrider the ad says, "You can moon your fellow passengers." :p

That was my take. I think it's a totally great idea, just not executed toward the RCI brand very well. When I first heard, 'the sea is calling', I thought of Windjammer Cruises.

That's a very good point. It's more like an ad for the cruise industry in general. There's no reason anyone would feel compelled to book RCI over any other cruise line.

Gina

New RCCL promotion:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid458674443001?bctid=1318733918001

Also, go to the C&A site where top exec's explain the new program.

Rick and Deirdra

Rick: I had just made comment to Sally while we were on our Thanksgiving cruise that RC was due for a new promo. I really like the shell phone.

Hope you Deirdra have a Marry Christmas.

Joe & Sally

Archived