Have you seen the new Shell Phone?

Pumbaamd

The new ad is interesting, but it could use a little improvement. I think it would be a good idea to show a scene of one of their ships after the sea tells them about what you can do on their ships. (Examples: Show a restaurant after the sea says "You can go to amazing restaurants", Show someone on the flowrider after the sea mentions "surfing", etc.)

Overall, I think this is much better than the "Why not" ads. I still miss the "Lust for life" ads, though.

Better for shareholders. Better for the experience. More onboard revenue. A better class of passenger. Better all around.

And some people just think that if they are paying more than what they are getting must be better. Maybe if you just bump up the fees at your travel agency it will have the same effect on your clients.:rolleyes:

This really is not necessarily the case anymore in today's society, unfortunately.

I guess he feels that people with more money, the same people who can afford higher priced cruises, also have more class and will provide a better on board environment for all. I have never read a study that equates the size of one's bank account to the amout of "class" a person has. But that may just speak to my inadequate educational experience.

I can tell you that some of the people who I know that don't have much are also some of the most appreciative people that I take care of. And some of the folks I know who have plenty also have the biggest senses of entitlement. I know which ones I would rather be in the middle of the ocean on a cruise ship with.

I am a Travel agent and was on the webinar and I love this campaign. The best part about it was that they mentioned prices would be heading HIGHER!!!

YAY!!!

I was also on the webinar and didn't hear anything about higher prices. You must be saying this is jest to get a reaction out of others here.

Lust For Life was the best commercial for wanting me to get on the phone/online and book a cruise. It was so upbeat compared to the shell ad! I do like the shell one better than the Why Not ones. Lust for Life is my mobile phone's ring tone........love it! Everytime I hear my phone ring, I wish I were cruising on Royal Caribbean!!:D

I was also on the webinar and didn't hear anything about higher prices. You must be saying this is jest to get a reaction out of others here.

I absolutely heard them mention prices are heading higher which IS a good thing.

I also noticed that two ships were NOT listed as being part of the revitalization plan.

I guess he feels that people with more money, the same people who can afford higher priced cruises, also have more class and will provide a better on board environment for all. I have never read a study that equates the size of one's bank account to the amout of "class" a person has. But that may just speak to my inadequate educational experience.
I am saying that people who pay more money for an experience tend to be more appreciative of the experience. The type of passenger on a three day cruise is far different than on a seven day cruise. As prices have come down for Royal Caribbean the type of passenger has changed. I am not saying anything that other cruisers have noticed.

FACT: When prices came down so did onboard revenue.

I am saying that people who pay more money for an experience tend to be more appreciative of the experience. The type of passenger on a three day cruise is far different than on a seven day cruise. As prices have come down for Royal Caribbean the type of passenger has changed. I am not saying anything that other cruisers have noticed.

FACT: When prices came down so did onboard revenue.

I have been cruising RCI for awhile. I have no issues with the passenger mix. Mostly what I read is people griping because the "new breed" of cruisers these days are not as much into getting dressed up. Big deal.

And as far as those on board revenues.... good thing they don't affect your commission. And unless your name is Richard Fain or Adam Goldstein I don't quite see why you are so obsessed about it. If on board spending goes down then RCI may have to raise cruise fares to make up the difference. That is exactly what you have said you would like to see happen. It sounds like a win-win situation for you.

I have been cruising RCI for awhile. I have no issues with the passenger mix. Mostly what I read is people griping because the "new breed" of cruisers these days are not as much into getting dressed up. Big deal.
Nope this has nothing to do with class.

And as far as those on board revenues.... good thing they don't affect your commission. And unless your name is Richard Fain or Adam Goldstein I don't quite see why you are so obsessed about it. If on board spending goes down then RCI may have to raise cruise fares to make up the difference. That is exactly what you have said you would like to see happen. It sounds like a win-win situation for you.

But they do affect me as a shareholder. My income is not based on commission as I already limit my clientelle to those who can afford me.

I LOVE THE AD!

For me the sea calling and asking the person to close their eyes took me back to my cruise (Alaska) and how I felt while on the cruise and made me want to get that relaxed feeling back.

By not filling the commercial with pics of ships and activities my ideal cruise became the focus not someone elses idea of the perfect cruise. IMHO.

Kind of cute, not a wow.

One problem I had with it - the back ground music was waayyy too loud. I thought it was funny when the phone told the person to close their eyes,etc and not calypso music, seabirds or waves - but the loud back ground music.

Archived