Wow card.

We didn't get them at check in (D+) but my parents (D) did :( We wanted to give them to the greater at the Windjammer. He made sanitizing your hands a pleasure. :D So one night at dinner we discussed who to give their two cards to.

On a prior cruise I gave one to our room steward a few nights into the cruise. He then went on a rant and said they mean nothing to him. He would rather have "Extremely Satisfied" on the comment card! He said they win calling cards, candy bars and crap he can't use. He also went on a rant how he hates being on the deck that has suites because they are to needy. Needless to say that was none of my business so his lecture to me in the Royal Family Suite didn't give him an "Extremely Satisfied" on my comment card. I didn't need a lecture on how he hated his job.

BonVoyage

Dawna

We were just on the Serenade. Received the WOW cards at check in. The bartender who we gave one to was thrilled++ to receive it. He told us that 3 WOW cards earns him a full day off. 10 WOW cards is worth 3 days off in a row. He could not stop thanking us!!

We were just on the Serenade. Received the WOW cards at check in. The bartender who we gave one to was thrilled++ to receive it. He told us that 3 WOW cards earns him a full day off. 10 WOW cards is worth 3 days off in a row. He could not stop thanking us!!

There seem to be so many differing reports of the value of the WOW cards... this makes me wonder if the rewards are set independently on a ship by ship basis. Serenade has that system. On some other ship you spin a wheel, etc. etc. etc. That would explain a lot.

The skeptic in me believes the "WOW" program is a public relations stunt by Royal Caribbean to give cruisers the impression that they treat their staff better than the reputation cruise lines have for treating their workers. On my last Allure cruise I gave one to my room steward and she looked burdened by having to hold onto it. I highly doubt that they get significant perks such as nights off but I have no way of knowing so I hope I'm wrong.

On the cruises that I have done recently with WoW cards (Navigator, Allure, Oasis, Serenade), the staff was appreciative, but said they don't get much benefit or recognition from them. What's most important is the guest comment card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On our last cruise, we didn't get a wow card, but we did get a wow envelope. Instructions said we could put money in the envelope as a thank you to anyone who we thought deserved extra credit.

In other words, like many here have said "cash is king".

There seem to be so many differing reports of the value of the WOW cards... this makes me wonder if the rewards are set independently on a ship by ship basis. Serenade has that system. On some other ship you spin a wheel, etc. etc. etc. That would explain a lot.

I would agree with this. We have been on ships where the employees truly appreciated them and on other ships that they could care less. The WOW cards were not even available for our last cruise on the Liberty.

You would think that RCI would notice how well some HD's have implemented and use this and would share these best practices with the other ships. For something that can be so simple and easy to implement and rewards that do not have to cost a lot (afternoon off) I am surprised that the ships do not take full advantage of this.

According to the crew and staff members we've talked to WOW cards are not worth the paper written on. Of course these were from people we knew fairly well that confided in us with that information.

They want their names mentioned in the Guest Survey at the end of the cruise. This is what really counts to them.

We were also told by a crew member that they would like recognition in the survey at the end of the cruise. He said with the WOW cards when you collect a certain amount you are then entered into a drawing for prizes.

That's exactly what I was told. One of my RCI buddies told me on Majesty, they had the wheel. They won anything from time off, to calling cards, to spa treatments. On Enchantment, all it got them was a Wow pin. So I think you're right. I think it's up to the ship.

My experience of WOW cards has been very positive.

They are given out at the dock to C&A members. Sometimes you have to ask for them (I have even said that I would wait till they found them. They did). The Loyalty Amb. sometimes has a few as well.

Some staff 'cash them in' immediately and get a small reward. Others save them up and get great prizes.

One barman that we gave them to was signing off the next cruise. He had enough to get an upgrade to BUSINESS class, on this long haul flight to US from Australia. Needless to say he was thrilled.

When the staff hands them in, the comments are also recorded as they are on the surveys.

The WOW envelopes just replace the old envelopes for cash tipping.

Have fun and use your WOW cards.

Raina

We give a cash tip (in the WOW envelope) along with our WOW cards. Our theory is, if the crew member gave the best service you had on the ship, they deserve more than the card. I have no doubt it does entitle them to perks but also don't feel it replaces an old-fashioned tip for a job well done.

This summer on the Allure I watched as a bartender (I think it was at the pizza place) really took some extended verbal abuse from an irate customer. He (the bartender) handled the situation so well, was so patient, and tried so hard to make the passenger happy. The passenger was loud, rude, and unreasonable. I finally walked up to them and said to the bartender, "I have never seen an employee of this company go to such great lengths to try to make a passenger happy. I hope this wow card makes your afternoon a little better." The passenger just gave me the stinkeye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

D+ When boarding I asked for a WOW card in December 2013 on Liberty, FTL and was told they are no longer giving out the WOW cards. Maybe only until an area runs out of them because some are saying they got them recently.....????.....or prehaps someone did not get the memo.

D+ When boarding I asked for a WOW card in December 2013 on Liberty, FTL and was told they are no longer giving out the WOW cards. Maybe only until an area runs out of them because some are saying they got them recently.....????.....or prehaps someone did not get the memo.

No that's what happened to me as well. This WOW envelope was definitely something new. Maybe some ships are just giving out the old WOW cards until they run out.

Wow envelopes are left for everyone to put money in for members of staff, Wow cards are given dockside at check in to D+ and you put your name and CA number on before giving them to your chosen member of staff.

I gave one to a wonderful young girl in the Spa who gave me a much needed haircut and she was overwhelmed but said no way was she going to turn it in but it was going in her Memory box as it was so special, wished I had 2 to give her.

• 2 weeks later...

We were given the WOW cards when we checked in on the Serenade on 1/25. We gave one to our assistant waiter and the other to the room steward that worked the section next to ours. We saw her more than our own Steward! She was constantly working and always smiled and said hi to us when we walked by. When we gave her the card she was visably moved. We were kind of shocked! They must be good for them. It was a good feeling.