Port Everglades shuttle from Pier to Port gates?

jollyjones

I am doing a b2b on the Grand Princess shortly and intend to spend the turnaround day sightseeing/shopping using the water taxi; I have used the water taxi before and know that the stop is only a short walk from the Port Everglades gate. But how do I get to the Port gate if I am docked out at one of the further Piers? I won't have luggage to drag but it's a long walk. And when I get off the water taxi and turn up at the Port gate, how do I get back to my Pier?

Is there any sort of Port shuttle for this? It seems ridiculous to have to take a regular taxi (at a minimum charge of $10) just to get around the Port.

If you happen to dock at terminal 2, where Princess usually is (depending on how busy the port is the day you are there of course), you can just walk to the water taxi from there. You don't even need to go out onto Eisenhower, you can just walk out from the parking garage to the convention center, and onto the side street going under the 17th St bridge. If you don't want to walk from there, or you are at another terminal, you can just take the cab all the way to the Hilton, rather than just to the port gates and also right back to your ship from the Hilton.

Reading other posts and the Port Everglades ship schedule, when the Crown, Emerald and Grand are all in port together, the Grand is over on Pier 21 while the others are at Pier 2, and they will all be in together on my turnaround day ... sigh ... so I may give up and just stay at the pier as it seems such a ridiculous hassle, I really don't want to struggle with long taxi queues for such a short hop. Or maybe I'll try and walk and see what happens - my main reason to leave the ship is to get some exercise, I love walking but I might need a change of scene from the promenade deck. But thanks for the tip about the Hilton, I might go that route too - depends on the weather - if it's raining, I'm not going anywhere!!!

At least the corollary of this is that the Emerald won't be in on my embarkation/disembarkation days so I might be at Pier 2 then, at least I can walk to the ship for embarkation (staying at nearby hotel, usually walk to Pier2).

The reason I say $10 is the minimum taxi fare is because other posters, when asking how to get between different piers when changing ships, have been told just that.

Reading other posts and the Port Everglades ship schedule, when the Crown, Emerald and Grand are all in port together, the Grand is over on Pier 21 while the others are at Pier 2, and they will all be in together on my turnaround day ... sigh ... so I may give up and just stay at the pier as it seems such a ridiculous hassle, I really don't want to struggle with long taxi queues for such a short hop. Or maybe I'll try and walk and see what happens - my main reason to leave the ship is to get some exercise, I love walking but I might need a change of scene from the promenade deck. But thanks for the tip about the Hilton, I might go that route too - depends on the weather - if it's raining, I'm not going anywhere!!!

At least the corollary of this is that the Emerald won't be in on my embarkation/disembarkation days so I might be at Pier 2 then, at least I can walk to the ship for embarkation (staying at nearby hotel, usually walk to Pier2).

The reason I say $10 is the minimum taxi fare is because other posters, when asking how to get between different piers when changing ships, have been told just that.

I think when people say $10, it's not a minimum charge, but it's what they voluntarily pay for having the driver take them such a short distance. Terminal 21 to the Hilton water taxi stop is probably not too far off $10 anyway. I certainly wouldn't recommend walking from that part of the port to the Hilton, especially on what sounds like a busy day there. I've never had to wait for a taxi at Port Everglades. There's almost always a long line of them right outside the terminal, and you just go over and hop in the next in line. The suggestions about the Hilton are only because that's where the water taxi stop is.

Yes, I meant that the taxi can drop you off at the Hilton instead of just at the port entrance because that is the closest water taxi stop and if there is a $10 minimum, that will get you to either the port entrance or the Hilton which is a little further.

Why would there be a minimum charge? Do you know this for sure? We've taken cabs in Florida for less than a $10 fare.

at one time, i had a cabbie tell me that there was a minimum charge....not sure if it's still the same, but he did charge me 10 bucks to go i think to the Renaissance maybe.....can't remember the place, but i remember him saying it was a 10 buck minimum....(and who knows, maybe that was a deal too!)

i also think that friends of mine had taken a cab from 1 ship to another, and they were told it was 10 bucks...

Could it be that there is a $10 port charge for the

Cabs entering the port?

I've never had that happen. Just whatever the meter says, which started at a few bucks (don't remember exactly). Sounds like perhaps individual drivers are setting a minimum, which may or may not be within taxi license guidelines, but they also figure tourists won't know any better or bother to complain over it.

Archived