Favorite Places to Read?

Teacher_91

On the 'Ask a Cruise Question' board they have a great thread about books. I'm a reader, so I was wondering where are your favorite places to read on board ship? The Mr. & I are on the STAR so I'm particularly interested in that ship or ships that share it's design. A 'water view' would be icing on the cake! :)

Thanks to everyone who responds!

My balcony would be my first choice.

If only I had a balcony! <SIGH> I've decided next time we are definitely going to splurge on one!! At any rate, I don't want to be 'stuck in my room' for any reason except showers & sleep, which is why I need a nice place to read and watch the 'world go by'. :D

I burn easily so it is either on my balcony or down in the atrium with a nice cup of coffee or other drink. My Kindle Fire will be great for this as i can also listen to music. Have also sat on the Promanade Deck sometimes.

First choice is the Conservatory. The Star has a covered pool area and the Conservatory is a deck above and surrounds the pool. Few people up there and it's close to the buffet so you can get something to eat or drink and bring it up. There are chairs and loungers.

I also like sitting on the chairs/settees outside the Explorer's Lounge on deck 7. Great people watching when I look up or pay attention. Sometimes, people stop and ask what I'm reading. :)

I haven't been on the Star yet (March) so I don't know if there are chairs or loungers on Promenade deck. If there are, it's a great place to sit outside.

Skywalkers is another good place to go and read during the day.

I second the Conservatory - spent a lot of time there on the Star to Alaska, since it was always warm and you had a great view to the outside. Also, the area around & above the aft pool is usually quiet and has great views.

I'm another who loves the old fashioned teak deck chairs on the Promenade Deck (deck 7), if not my balcony. On the Super Grands (or others if they've been retrofitted with this feature), I love sitting next to the little water feature in the Piazza/Atrium near the glass elevators. The sound of the water is so relaxing. I don't know whether this has been added to the Star since we were aboard her or not.

On ships that have it (Crown, Emerald, Ruby), Adagio lounge is absolutely the best place to read, do word or Sudoku puzzles, or play Scrabble (we bring our own). The venue is usually deserted during the day, and if there is music playing, we call Passenger Services and ask that it be turned off so the room is quiet. Never had a problem.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Archived