9 month out booking suite OBC

I'm not familiar with the AmEx OBC...is it ongoing?

The AMEX promo is for the Haven/Suites. We just booked the Epic and I was sad to read here that it does not cover the onboard service charges (DSC=tips), but figure we'll still make good use of it lol

Exclusive offer for Cardmembers

Book the Haven or a suite by December 31, 2012 for any 2012-2014 sailing*, six-days or longer and receive a $500 onboard credit. Simply pay in full with any American Express® Card and use promo code PGAXOC when booking online.

Reservation MUST be paid IN FULL with any American Express Credit or Charge Card. Fulfillment of the offer is the sole responsibility of the participating American Express merchant. Offer valid for all accommodations in The Haven and general suite accommodations. Mini-suite category excluded. Offer is valid for new bookings and cannot be held as group block. Qualifying new individual reservations can be moved into existing group. Offer is valid on 2012-2014 sailings for a minimum of six days. Onboard credit offer is per stateroom, in U.S. Dollars, is not convertible to cash, is non-transferable and may not be used toward onboard service charges. Offer may be combinable with other promotions and is subject to change or cancellation at any time at Norwegian's discretion. Government taxes and fees and onboard service charges are additional. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Norwegian reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement without prior notice. Offers are based on availability, are capacity controlled and apply to select sailings. Other restrictions may apply. Promotion valid in United States, Canada, and select international markets. Norwegian is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Ships' registry: BAHAMAS and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. ©2012 NCL Corporation Ltd. ©2012 American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. All rights reserved.

http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/amx-promo

The American Express OBC is $500, though. If you can pay everything with an American Express, it's a better deal than the $150-300 for booking over 9 months out.

We booked 9 months out in april and used our Amex card and got both OBC's. Amex was only $300.00 then.

I'm specifically asking about the obc through norwegian, not any credit card company. :)

Does anyone know?

The snippet below is from the "Terms and Conditions" for that promo, taken directly from NCL's website...

"Offer is capacity controlled, subject to availability, subject to change without notice, may be withdrawn at any time, and will be applied to select sailings

Offer combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line discretion. Other restrictions may apply.

Promotion valid in United States, Canada, and international select markets"

Basically all anybody can tell you is that this promo has been around for quite a while, and has no fixed date of expiration. But as you can see by the bolded sections above, it could change or disappear at any time.

Hope that helps.

;)

We booked a family suite on the Dawn in December for Oct. 2012 and received a $300 OBC. I just moved to Latitudes silver level and wondered if that $150 "graduation tier" OBC is combinable with the 9 months in advance OBC? Anyone know?

With the new Latitudes Rewards Program, there is no longer $150 OBC for moving up a level. You can combine the $300 OBC OR the $500 Amex OBC with the $150 OBC when booking a Latitudes Cruise though. ;)

We booked a family suite on the Dawn in December for Oct. 2012 and received a $300 OBC. I just moved to Latitudes silver level and wondered if that $150 "graduation tier" OBC is combinable with the 9 months in advance OBC? Anyone know?

Yes, it is. Friends just booked the Dawn with a discount code that wasn't combinable with any other promotions and were able to use the same Latitude "graduation tier" OBC. That OBC is more of a "gift" from NCL.

Yes, it is. Friends just booked the Dawn with a discount code that wasn't combinable with any other promotions and were able to use the same Latitude "graduation tier" OBC. That OBC is more of a "gift" from NCL.

Your friends must have received that OBC prior to the changes in the program. I'm not sure herdingdogmom will receive that, since her most recent cruise (which presumably was the one that took her to "Silver") was in December ~ the same month the changes occurred.

I booked through my local travel agent so I will have to go back through her. I'll ask her to look into it. In December, I should have been eligible for the $150 insider offer under the new Latitudes programs, but my TA was told none were combinable. There is also this blurb on NCL's web site about the graduation credit:

Program Tier Graduation Onboard Credit Offer:

Based on the membership tier of a guest in the Program, guests may be eligible to receive a Norwegian thank you note post-sailing with an onboard cruise credit. Such credits will be awarded to Norwegian guests when they graduate to a new membership level in the Program. The onboard credit coupon is valid for use sixty (60) days after completion of the guest's sailing and can not be extended. This offer applies to qualifying Program members upon qualifying for the next highest membership tier level (Silver, Gold, Platinum). Combinability of this offer is subject to change or cancellation at Norwegian's discretion

Obviously it has a lot of "out" clauses in it. I didn't receive a thank you note post my December sailing. I'm guessing it is because that cruise was under my Mom's name vs. mine. I'm happy with the OBC we have received, just want to make sure I'm not missing out on any offers. The insider offer is a bit confusing and has now ended for 2012 cruises it looks like.

We booked through NCL almost a year ago for our 2013 Epic Sailing. We are in a Spa Suite and got $300 obc. But I have an Amex and don't mind using it so how do I go about getting this obc if I am already booked?

Here's the details: http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/amx-promo

All payments have to be performed with the AmEx.

The American Express OBC is $500, though. If you can pay everything with an American Express, it's a better deal than the $150-300 for booking over 9 months out.

Hello LadyShiva- Just a question. I know there are a lot of different promotions through a lot of different places, but where was the American Express offer, offered? Was it through NCL's site directly, so I can watch for this in the future... Thank You Very Much

Hello LadyShiva- Just a question. I know there are a lot of different promotions through a lot of different places, but where was the American Express offer, offered? Was it through NCL's site directly, so I can watch for this in the future... Thank You Very Much

On NCL's homepage click on Specials and Preferred Partners will be part way down the page. This page changes depending on the offers available.

http://www2.ncl.com/specials-and-promotions/preferred-programs

We booked 9 months out in april and used our Amex card and got both OBC's. Amex was only $300.00 then.

I got really excited when I read this! :D

I called my NCL PCC and asked him if I pay with AmEX and book a year out do I get both $500 Amex and $300 early booking (for suites).

He checked and the answer is no. :(

Maybe this is new?

I got really excited when I read this! :D

I called my NCL PCC and asked him if I pay with AmEX and book a year out do I get both $500 Amex and $300 early booking (for suites).

He checked and the answer is no. :(

Maybe this is new?

I talked to my PCC yesterday about 2013 cruises in suites and she said we would get both Amex and early booking for $800 total fora week.

We booked through NCL almost a year ago for our 2013 Epic Sailing. We are in a Spa Suite and got $300 obc. But I have an Amex and don't mind using it so how do I go about getting this obc if I am already booked?

I was told today by NCL PCC the two can't be used together. :(

Archived