9 month out booking suite OBC

We booked a family suite on the Dawn in December for Oct. 2012 and received a $300 OBC. I just moved to Latitudes silver level and wondered if that $150 "graduation tier" OBC is combinable with the 9 months in advance OBC? Anyone know?

I was able to use those together...I have it in writing. Unless things have changed since I booked the cruise (back in April)

I was told that latitudes tier OBC is combineable with everything....except a second latitudes tier OBC

I was able to use those together...I have it in writing. Unless things have changed since I booked the cruise (back in April)

I was told that latitudes tier OBC is combineable with everything....except a second latitudes tier OBC

We cruised on 12/31, and the Lat tier OBC had been discontinued. Let me know if you still get it. Perhaps they grandfathered those booked 9 months out.

We cruised on 12/31, and the Lat tier OBC had been discontinued. Let me know if you still get it. Perhaps they grandfathered those booked 9 months out.

I should get it...I booked and had it applied back in April.

I used our second $150 latitude tier obc on a second booking for feb 2013...it has been applied. (I booked that back in July)

The promo code for the $300 OBC credit for a suite (excl. mini sites) 9 months in advance is PGOBC

The Latitudes OBC codes likely changed when the new program rolled out in Dec. 2011.

You can't get both (PGOBC & this) but if you can pay for your suite (NOT mini-suite) with AMEX you can get $500 OBC - code is PGAXOC. Booking does not need to be 9 months ahead as I just booked in December for this May.This is combinable with the Latitude offer of the month because I have both for May.

We got the Lat tier on our Oct 2011 cruise and also for our Dec 2012 cruise - even shows up at myNCL. Total $450.00 OBC $300 for 9 months out and $150. Lat tier.

Thanks Peg. It is good to know it is still offered - although you must use it within 60 days vs. 6 months now. I think my Lat tier/graduation OBC got caught up in the program change and that is why I didn't receive the Thank You note with the OBC offer.

I was on an NCL cruise on Dec. 5th. Under the old program, that cruise would have moved me to silver. But under the new program, I was moved to silver without the December cruise during the week of the cruise when the program went into effect.

My TA has inquired for me and NCL told me to call Guest Relations to see if it can be straightened out. I think I'll email Latitudes also - that's what you did, right?

Beverly

Thanks Peg. It is good to know it is still offered - although you must use it within 60 days vs. 6 months now. I think my Lat tier/graduation OBC got caught up in the program change and that is why I didn't receive the Thank You note with the OBC offer.

I was on an NCL cruise on Dec. 5th. Under the old program, that cruise would have moved me to silver. But under the new program, I was moved to silver without the December cruise all during the week of the cruise.

My TA has inquired for me and NCL told me to call Guest Relations to see if it can be straightened out. I think I'll email Latitudes also - that's what you did, right?

Beverly

I already had both cruises using the Silver Lat tier booked before the change. The change moved us from Silver to Gold and we had just cruised at the end of October so I did email the Lat Clerical to see if they will give us the tier OBC for the May 2012 cruise that I booked within 60 days of that cruise but after the program changed. I haven't gotten anything back yet except the email saying they are backlogged to date.

As far as "using" it within 60 days - you just have to book your cruise within that time frame. (I liked 6 months better since my DH and I have the same cruise history except I have an extra point for a CTN).

I already had both cruises using the Silver Lat tier booked before the change. The change moved us from Silver to Gold and we had just cruised at the end of October so I did email the Lat Clerical to see if they will give us the tier OBC for the May 2012 cruise that I booked within 60 days of that cruise but after the program changed. I haven't gotten anything back yet except the email saying they are backlogged to date.

As far as "using" it within 60 days - you just have to book your cruise within that time frame. (I liked 6 months better since my DH and I have the same cruise history except I have an extra point for a CTN).

Ah, our situation isn't the same then. I booked within 60 days but after the program change. It could be I'm not eligible for the graduation tier under the new program. Can't hurt to ask - although it sounds like I may not get a response. If they do grant me the tier OBC do you know if it is combinable with the NCL $300 suite/9 months in advance OBC under the new program?

Ah, our situation isn't the same then. I booked within 60 days but after the program change. It could be I'm not eligible for the graduation tier under the new program. Can't hurt to ask - although it sounds like I may not get a response. If they do grant me the tier OBC do you know if it is combinable with the NCL $300 suite/9 months in advance OBC under the new program?

It was for me so unless they have changed it they should be combinable. There is also the $500 OBC from AMEX for booking a suite if you pay using American Express. Code is PGAXOC. You cannot combine the PGAXOC $500 and the PGOBC $300 but they are both combinable with the Latitude OBC.

It was for me so unless they have changed it they should be combinable. There is also the $500 OBC from AMEX for booking a suite if you pay using American Express. Code is PGAXOC. You cannot combine the PGAXOC $500 and the PGOBC $300 but they are both combinable with the Latitude OBC.

So it's one or the other? A $800 OBC would really be nice!

Okay, I booked last month for March 2013 and made a deposit. I got $300 OBC. If I wanted to earn the AmEx OBC of $500 instead...would I have to cancel that reservation, have my deposit refunded (because I didn't use AmEx for it) and then rebook and pay in full with AmEx?

yup - but double check to make sure the price didn't go up. If you rebook, it's at the current rate. I was going to rebook to get the Amex OBC (I always use amex), but the price had gone up $2000!! So not worth the extra $200 between the amex and the ncl suite obc.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Do you have to book through NCL to get the Amex OBC? We have a haven suite booked for November and used the Amex through a TA. Thanks

Do you have to book through NCL to get the Amex OBC? We have a haven suite booked for November and used the Amex through a TA. Thanks

I don't think so. I believe that so long as you pay in full with your AMEX (and your TA uses the code on the NCL website) that you'll get the OBC.

So it's one or the other? A $800 OBC would really be nice!

The fine print says, "Offer combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line discretion. Other restrictions may apply" so I suppose it can't hurt to ask, but I think the answer will be "no" (unfortunately!). On the upside, you still get the additional Latitudes credits for booking 9-months in advance!

Guest LoveMyBoxer
I don't think so. I believe that so long as you pay in full with your AMEX (and your TA uses the code on the NCL website) that you'll get the OBC.

Thank you! Thank you OP for this posting!

The fine print says, "Offer combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line discretion. Other restrictions may apply" so I suppose it can't hurt to ask, but I think the answer will be "no" (unfortunately!). On the upside, you still get the additional Latitudes credits for booking 9-months in advance!

True, it will be my first NCL and with a suite and 9 months in advance it looks like we will go straight to silver which will be nice.

I am going to call my TA and see if he can combine the 2. If he says yes I think we will consider doing at east 1 ship excursion to try to work through the credit. And lots of specialty dining lol!

True, it will be my first NCL and with a suite and 9 months in advance it looks like we will go straight to silver which will be nice.

I am going to call my TA and see if he can combine the 2. If he says yes I think we will consider doing at east 1 ship excursion to try to work through the credit. And lots of specialty dining lol!

I just looked at the terms and conditions for the PGOBC (9 mo OBS) and it has changed. It used to contain all the other offers that it is combinable with. Now it just says it's up to NCL same as the PGAXOC terms.....so call and try it....it might work.

Please come back to let us know if it worked or not.

Archived