Another Froufie Review - Jan 21-28, Carnival Liberty

Froufie

Froufie, loving the review so far and the pics are my favorite. Thanks for the pics of the hotel, I can't wait 98 more days to stay there. I have a great government rate but how did you win the hotel on priceline? How many stars? Did you know it was the Marriott? I've never done Priceline because the "unknown" scares the heck out of me but I'd love to get a cheaper rate.

Can't wait to see the pics of HMC. I'm there in May and rented a Cabana. Reason I booked the Destiny and that itinerary. I know your review and pics will keep up my anticipation.

Hi Froufie! It is another fantastic review, and I am looking forward to more of it. I am also going to cruise for a second time on the Liberty,( same itinerary as yours) but not until October. Your review is helping me build that pre cruise excitement! Thanks for posting it.:)

Hey Frouf! Seems as though your cruise was great- so far (except for IT issues :mad: Appears to be a common problem lately.

I'll be anxiously waiting to read the remainder of your review. Your reviews are always the best!

Glad you are back at home now, safe in the Great White North! How's work going? Miss chatting with you!!!

Perfect! I am enjoying reliving our cruise through your eyes Froufie! So glad we had the opportunity to meet! Looking forward to the rest as a nice weekend read!

Thanks - say hi t to M5 (do cows also suffer from post-cruise depression/)! Loved meeting you and the gang!:)

Hey Frouf! Seems as though your cruise was great- so far (except for IT issues :mad: Appears to be a common problem lately.

I'll be anxiously waiting to read the remainder of your review. Your reviews are always the best!

Glad you are back at home now, safe in the Great White North! How's work going? Miss chatting with you!!!

Hi Brenda - miss you on 'chat' too (is it still up and running? I asked Lissa to find out!).

Had a great time on the Liberty and wish I was still on the ship and not in the 'Great White (and very cold) North! :)

YAY! Thanks so much for posting - I love your reviews! Liberty is my favorite ship ... cannot wait to book her again - just have to get the right price at the right time and you won't be able to hold me back.

Great pics - and we had a "Bob" on our last cruise, too. Isn't it funny how people can find something to worry/complain about anywhere they go - it's too sunny! it's not sunny enough! the sky is too blue - it hurts my eyes! You get the idea. :eek:

Heading to bed, but now with your thread to look forward to in the morning! YAY!

I guess there are a few 'Bobs' cruising and I don't understand how you can be unhappy and so negative while on a cruise - we did manage to keep the conversations upbeat tho and Bob eventually 'settled down' a bit (but if you are a cranky cruiser please don't sit at my table! :D:D)

Glad you are enjoying the review.

Froufie, loving the review so far and the pics are my favorite. Thanks for the pics of the hotel, I can't wait 98 more days to stay there. I have a great government rate but how did you win the hotel on priceline? How many stars? Did you know it was the Marriott? I've never done Priceline because the "unknown" scares the heck out of me but I'd love to get a cheaper rate.

Can't wait to see the pics of HMC. I'm there in May and rented a Cabana. Reason I booked the Destiny and that itinerary. I know your review and pics will keep up my anticipation.

You will love HMC - just gorgeous.

As for the Marriott got it for $100 on Priceline after religiously following the boards (betterbidding.com, and there is a summary of wins on the Florida departures board here on CC where I found someone else won this hotel - 3.5 stars downtown - so I quickly jumped on and did the same - as did a few others on my roll call). I did have 2 backup hotels booked however which I was able to cancel once I got this 'win'!

Glad to help with the pre-cruise anticipation! :)

loving the review so far! :)

I am from the Toronto area....although currently teaching in Egypt :)

Glad you are enjoying the review from so far away! :)

Hi Froufie! It is another fantastic review, and I am looking forward to more of it. I am also going to cruise for a second time on the Liberty,( same itinerary as yours) but not until October. Your review is helping me build that pre cruise excitement! Thanks for posting it.:)

You will love the 'new' Liberty' and the great ports! :)

Nice review, so far...

Thanks! :)

Love your review. We have very similar itinerary, we went to St Maarten instead of St Thomas. HMC is an absolutely beautiful place, will go back there in a heartbeat. Since we visited HMC on the day before we debarked, it's a quite challenge to pack the wet bathing suits. Liberty and our ship met at San Juan on Jan 11. (Liberty left earlier than us).

Can't miss the "whale tail"

6817116497_27e1b20166_z.jpg

P1000204 by David's1938, on Flickr

Awesome review. We're on the Liberty, same itinerary, in 433 days! Just got back from this year's AI Cuba vacation a couple of days ago and now full steam ahead planning next year's cruise. This review is really getting me excited - can't wait for more :D

We also got a ‘sample’ of the 2 first comedians on board: Jorge Solano and Tommy Drake - both pretty funny!

Great review and love the Pics. Wasn't Jorge a CD before or am I thinking of another Jorge.

He mentioned during his routine that he was a CD before becoming a comedian. ( He was very funny ) We were on this same cruise.

I thought the name sounded familar, I veleive he was our CD on the Triumph aa couple years ago and he was my favorite CD so far

Archived