Cabana rental

blakesmom522

I would guess that its very possible. Find out if there's another ship in port with you. When we were there a few weeks ago, the Eurodam was there also and cabanas 1-5 were for Holland America and 6-10 were for Carnival so I would imagine if HA doesn't rent theirs out then they might be released.

I would guess that its very possible. Find out if there's another ship in port with you. When we were there a few weeks ago, the Eurodam was there also and cabanas 1-5 were for Holland America and 6-10 were for Carnival so I would imagine if HA doesn't rent theirs out then they might be released.

Since you were just there, I thought you might be able to help with this question. We are assuming that lunch for four people is included with the rental. Is this accurate and what kind of choices are we given? I got my hands on a menu yesterday and thought probably we wouldn't be able to order anything from that. Thanks for your help!

Since you were just there, I thought you might be able to help with this question. We are assuming that lunch for four people is included with the rental. Is this accurate and what kind of choices are we given? I got my hands on a menu yesterday and thought probably we wouldn't be able to order anything from that. Thanks for your help!

I see that you on the Glory so you rented the cabana thru carnival right? The price of the cabana does not include any drinks or lunch. It is only for use of the cabana itself. You may be confused with cabana rentals on HMC - they include pop, water, and snacks for 4 people but the ones on Grand Turk do not.

• 2 weeks later...

There may be cancellations that they don't "post". Also, post on both the cruise critic group boards for both these sailings - there may be people who either don't plan to use their cabana's for the entire day (we didn't arrive at ours until after we'd explored the island with golf carts)....or people who have changed their minds. It never hurts to ask.

We ended up at the cabana's after exploring and we were very glad we had reserved seating since two ships were in port and by the time we'd finished exploring the island it was pretty crowded around the pool.

Judy

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question - if we rent a cabana and there are more than 4 of us...is it doable?

We had 13 of us and just took turns going in and out. We stored our stuff in there when we went to the beach and just passed the key off to whomever needed to get in there. The hostess at Margaritaville that gave us the key and walked us to our cabana asked us how many we had and we just said 4. After that, noone else checked.

Funny, when I checked out cabana rentals for our Grand Turk visit in June aboard the Liberty, Carnivals website stated it was $129 per adult, $129 per child? :eek: I know that had to be an error.

Sort of....Carnival's website always says per person but the cabana is actually $129 per cabana for up to 4 people.

• 3 weeks later...
How far are the cabana's from the beach? I know they are right at the pool but am wondering how far of a walk to the ocean?

#10 is closest to the Flowrider which is closest to the beach. It's very close...a very short walk....maybe 100 feet or so to the beach.

• 2 weeks later...
#10 is closest to the Flowrider which is closest to the beach. It's very close...a very short walk....maybe 100 feet or so to the beach.

Would you recomend one closer to the beach if we wanted it to be a bit more private or is privacy really not much of an option no matter which one you chose? I would assume that if it's by the Flowrider there would be more traffic.

Would you recomend one closer to the beach if we wanted it to be a bit more private or is privacy really not much of an option no matter which one you chose? I would assume that if it's by the Flowrider there would be more traffic.

Well IMHO, none of them will give you a lot of privacy but there are some that will definitely get less foot traffic. The lower numbers are closer to the restrooms so those get a lot of traffic and the higher are closer to the beach and flowrider so those also get a lot of foot traffic. I would say #'s 4-7 might be the "quietest" but they are all in the same proximity to the pool and all face the pool so there really isn't any that are more "private" than others. Hope this helps! I'll be there again in a month so let me know if there is anything specific you want me to look at for you or take pics. I'll be glad to help if I can!

Well IMHO, none of them will give you a lot of privacy but there are some that will definitely get less foot traffic. The lower numbers are closer to the restrooms so those get a lot of traffic and the higher are closer to the beach and flowrider so those also get a lot of foot traffic. I would say #'s 4-7 might be the "quietest" but they are all in the same proximity to the pool and all face the pool so there really isn't any that are more "private" than others. Hope this helps! I'll be there again in a month so let me know if there is anything specific you want me to look at for you or take pics. I'll be glad to help if I can!

Having been to Grand Turk once before (did Carnival's deep sea fishing excursion) we really aren't planning much this time in the way of excursions. Was thinking about just checking out the beach right at the port and the shops. Last time we walked around the Margaritaville gift shop and took pics outside but didn't stay long.

Is it worth booking a MV cabana for an a/c and relaxation break from hanging out on the beach for a little while?

Why not just stay on the ship and enjoy a quieter pool day there?

I guess I don't understand why anyone would pay for a cabana next to the public pool, which can be loud and crowded if more than one ship in port. If intereseted in more quiet, staying on the ship is a better bet. ;)

Having been to Grand Turk once before (did Carnival's deep sea fishing excursion) we really aren't planning much this time in the way of excursions. Was thinking about just checking out the beach right at the port and the shops. Last time we walked around the Margaritaville gift shop and took pics outside but didn't stay long.

Is it worth booking a MV cabana for an a/c and relaxation break from hanging out on the beach for a little while?

It's really a matter of personal preference. In January we were there with the kids and there was 12 of us so we all stored our stuff in there. I brought a cooler with pop and water with me off the ship so it was nice to take the kids inside to cool off and get a drink. These cabanas are much nicer than those at HMC or Mahogany Bay. They have a huge sectional sofa, and AC is super cold! The cabana locks so it was nice to be able to store all of our personal belongings in there instead of "taking turns" watching it if we left it on a chaise by the pool. The cabana also has outlets so I was able to charge my cameras and Margaritaville has free wifi so that's a plus too. Next month, we will be there with a group of friends and no kids. We love the party atmosphere at Margaritaville and the cabana will again serve as a safe place to store our stuff, I can check my email, FB, and CC, and refill my drink without having to pay Margaritaville prices! So yes, for us it is well worth the $130!

Thanks! I guess privacy wasn't the right word. Less foot traffic sound more like what I wanted to ask.

Why not just stay on the ship and enjoy a quieter pool day there?

I guess I don't understand why anyone would pay for a cabana next to the public pool, which can be loud and crowded if more than one ship in port. If intereseted in more quiet, staying on the ship is a better bet. ;)

Because some people like to go to the pool and the beach and shopping and just hang out in port. You can hang by the ship pool when you aren't in port. It is a great place to escape, relax, have a place to lock your stuff up and get out of the heat with the air conditioning. Also they have waiter service which is a plus. :)

Archived