Cunard Victoria - Check In Day Restaurant

SavvyCruiserNJ

If you are traveling in the grills do you go to your restaurant for the first day lunch?

Or is the Lido deck buffet the only option?

We've done the Grills as well. You go to your respective restaurant(Queens Grill or Princess Grill.) If you get on board say after 3PM. Then the Lido would be the place to go.Try to get on board early enough to really enjoy a relaxing lunch. The Lido can get pretty hectic.

Remember, you can board at any time after midday, so the trick is to get on early then be amongst the first in the QG in order to check that the table allocation is suitable, if not, it can be dealt with there and then,

Lunch will be a little limited for choice on embarkation day, but still adequate.

Enjoy your trip!

Stewart

As soon as we are on board we go straight to the bar, none of this lunch nonsense !

You are so right Toad. This petit bourgeois obsession with lunch PSHAW!

That first sip of that first Martini whilst perched on a Cunard barstool in a usually empty bar AAHHHH! "An' Cunard were paradise enow"

You have all afternoon to attend to the mundane tasks, like feeding and locating

your cabin. Prioritise people, prioritise. I don't know about the snows, where are the cruisers of yesteryear.

SS

For those who are "rowers" (steerage) like myself, on embarkationday there is only the buffet, or the Golden Lion Pub.

If like myself you do not go ashore, on port days you may find the dining room closed, then its a case of "find what you can"

If you are doing B2B , then on the day when ship takes on new passengers , you may again read that the diningroom is closed, ask the Maitre D' THE NIGHT BEFORE if the dining room will be available for "in Transit passengers" the ship often entetains travel agents , gives them a meal in the diningroom and in transit passengers can also eat there.

For those who are "rowers" (steerage) like myself, on embarkationday there is only the buffet, or the Golden Lion Pub.

If like myself you do not go ashore, on port days you may find the dining room closed, then its a case of "find what you can"

If you are doing B2B , then on the day when ship takes on new passengers , you may again read that the diningroom is closed, ask the Maitre D' THE NIGHT BEFORE if the dining room will be available for "in Transit passengers" the ship often entetains travel agents , gives them a meal in the diningroom and in transit passengers can also eat there.

Wish we knew that the Golden Lion was open on QV. It would have been much better.

The Golden Lion on QM2 is open at lunch time on embarkation day for drinks only, there is no food service whatsoever. I can't see the QV or QE being any different.

That was my understanding , but recently there have been posters on here that insist they ate in the Golden Lion on embarkation day .

I challenged this but was told I was incorrect. It seems that there are posters who to inflate their own egos, post information that is totally incorrect,I assume they think it makes them seem more important than the rest of us.

This is a shame ,as we should be able to rely on the truth from fellow passengers.

I have always gone to the Buffet, obtained a shrimp sandwich,and a desert, then taken the tray down to my cabin to eat it in peace, as finding a table in the buffet can be almost impossible

Archived