No Jumping, No Diving, No Proofreading

Painted on one of the little boats tied up to the bulkhead inshore of where the jet skies are.

Oh. That explains it. I've never gone by the jet ski area. And here I thought that I was all over the place taking pictures of everything. You know what this means...I'll just have to book a cruise and go there to see it in person!:D

Oh. That explains it. I've never gone by the jet ski area. And here I thought that I was all over the place taking pictures of everything. You know what this means...I'll just have to book a cruise and go there to see it in person!:D

Here is anpther. I think these are the locals personal skiffs, not used for visitors.

IMG_1493_rs.jpg.66ab42e4380ac8a049761213e538218d.jpg

You know those cute little borders that RCCL puts around the pictures they take with the date and the ship name? They spelled Rhapsody wrong. So thousands of pictures were sold with the ship's name incorrectly spelled. Yes, I bought one. The picture was good! :rolleyes:

Not cruise related, but an ad for a wedding reception venue - "you're vision you're style you're day." Why do people think everything has to have apostrophes (or should I say apostrophe's?)? :confused:

I like the bumper sticker "Don't honk, I'm peddling as fast as I can". Maybe they should stop selling stuff and start pedaling a little harder.

Someone on CC has a saying in their signature that says, "Honk if you love Jesus; Text if you want to meet Him". I love that one.

The improper use of me, myself and I drives me up the wall.

Me hates it when people that know nothing always correct I about such things.

I am with you on that one.

People write "My mother is taking my brother and I on a cruise". To get it right just imagine your brother was not going. "My mother is taking I on a cruise" would not be correct so neither is “my brother and I”.

“My brother and I will be going on the cruise” is, however, correct.

I know we are not allowed to comment on grammar or spelling here on CC but sometimes I find it very difficult not to comment.

People write "My mother is taking my brother and I on a cruise". To get it right just imagine your brother was not going. "My mother is taking I on a cruise" would not be correct so neither is “my brother and I”.

I know we are not allowed to comment on grammar or spelling here on CC but sometimes I find it very difficult not to comment.

This drives me crazy! The worst is when I say it correctly, and someone "corrects" me. :rolleyes:

This thread is so funny.

Once, on another cruiseline, we got invited to dine with the Captain and when we got our menus one of the items listed was "grilled pork lion". So my husband points it out and even the Captain giggled.

Do they reprint menus every week or was that there for some time?

Back in the old days, I had a secretary, new on the job. I put together a letter for her to type.

She did, gave it to me to sign. I ended the letter with "should you have any questions be sure to call John Smith or me".

She changed it to call John Smith or myself. I asked her about it, and yes, she changed it because she thought my grammar was bad.

The improper use of me, myself and I drives me up the wall.

Me hates it when people that know nothing always correct I about such things.

I was going to stay off of this thread but decided to chime in. The one that really gets me is when people what to sound like they are really intelligent and say "Just between you and I" when it should be "Just between you and me".

I have to say though, grammar became much more clear to me in my studies of a foreign language than in my high school english days. In fact, I can remember being in high school english and thinking to myself in Italian to sometimes get some of the grammatical issues correct.

Archived