~ Watch RCI Ships Sail away~ New Views on Ft Lauderdale Webcam

emmy

Watched Allure leave today. That had to be the WORST camerawork I've ever seen. Made it not even worth watching.

Why can't they just leave the camera alone instead of zooming in on random ridiculousness (some guy here and there, the WRONG side of the bridge . . . no one driving from that side, etc.).

What a letdown.

Watched Allure leave today. That had to be the WORST camerawork I've ever seen. Made it not even worth watching.

Why can't they just leave the camera alone instead of zooming in on random ridiculousness (some guy here and there, the WRONG side of the bridge . . . no one driving from that side, etc.).

What a letdown.

Really???? I thought it was great camerawork.

I was able to get this great screen capture of the best place in the house to sit

10403969_10152144539451693_2497136684368892523_o.jpg

or how they followed her for quite the distance Looks pretty good to me

10255339_10152144554966693_4093007829688758685_o.jpg

Edited by emmy

Wait a minute. I think I see what happened. YOU were watching the Pier 66 camera and I recorded the Port Everglades one. I only watched the Pier 66 one (Fort Lauderdale Webcam) for a few minutes then switched to the Port Everglades one and recorded THAT.

Guess I should have stuck with the Fort Lauderdale one!!!! (Maybe I should have read some of this Thread . . . .explains that the "new" camera is the Pier 66 one . oh well

Here is a screenshot of what I saw. Bummer.

2078093589_ScreenShot2014-05-25at6_13_42PM.jpg.8d8f81f0248b1f947810831bbf9b1f84.jpg

Edited by robflys

Would it be possible to insert another colored dot on your maps to indicate the vantage point of whichever camera angle is being watched? Love all the port webcams! They sure do get me through a dreary day of work sometimes. :D

Would it be possible to insert another colored dot on your maps to indicate the vantage point of whichever camera angle is being watched? Love all the port webcams! They sure do get me through a dreary day of work sometimes. :D

If only I could see them at work :( I'm all set at watching Freedom on the PC cam till next Spring. I still check in on the PE cam quite a bit on weekends. Maybe a smart phone app is coming.

Your idea is a good one though. I've been to PE and Miami to figure out where the cam is located and what its vantage point it. I'm looking forward to seeing Port Canaveral for the first time next year.

Edited by BillOh

Just want to say THANK YOU! to the Portfever team. We have weekend espresso and PortFever watching time...then afternoon cocktail for Sail-A-Way sometimes.

your cameras are wonderful. Did you upgrade recently because I noticed the clarity in Ft. L and Miami seems even better?

Also, any chance you are looking at Tampa to add to your portcams?

Melissa

I thought you said you were a pilot on another thread.

I AM a corporate pilot, flying Learjets for charter around the country, caribbean, Mexico and Canada.

I am ALSO an attorney for the last 14 years, having practiced extensively in corporate litigation and transactional matters.

I do the flying full-time and attorney work now part-time. I maintain an office in Florida and I have full access to all of my files on my laptop, iPad, etc.

It's the best of both worlds! ;)

I AM a corporate pilot, flying Learjets for charter around the country, caribbean, Mexico and Canada.

I am ALSO an attorney for the last 14 years, having practiced extensively in corporate litigation and transactional matters.

I do the flying full-time and attorney work now part-time. I maintain an office in Florida and I have full access to all of my files on my laptop, iPad, etc.

It's the best of both worlds! ;)

Need a reliable Administrative Asst.? Been looking to move to Florida, but DH says I need a job locked in first, lol :p

• 2 months later...
I just noticed I can now hear the sound on the Port Everglades cam on my iPhone. Is that new? I always missed the sound when watching on the phone... Until now. Thanks for adding that feature.

They have had the sound for a while now, at least a year.

This was posted on the Port Everglades Webcam Facebook page on 8/27:

Tablet and Smartphone fans, we have just published a new version of www.PortEvergladesWebcam.com that gives you audio. Everyone else, you will also find that sound is now part of the Flash video stream with audio controls integrated with the video ones. This is a trial for us to evaluate both value and reliability.

and even more odd will be to not see her there on the next 8 Saturdays.

She has been a regular Saturday fixture in Port Everglades for close to 5 years.

Safe journey to Barcelona Oasis of the Seas

and even more odd will be to not see her there on the next 8 Saturdays.

She has been a regular Saturday fixture in Port Everglades for close to 5 years.

Safe journey to Barcelona Oasis of the Seas

I guess I'm getting used to change without the red and white smoke stacks. I'll probably stil tune in and watch Allure while we can, but I've been concentrating on Port Canaveral lately ;)

I did manage to catch Oasis' sailaway today. Several European flags and one table cloth from an Italian restaurant on the Aft..

and the best part for me was if you had sound on they played Andrea Bocelli's "Time to Say Goodbye" Very nice send off PTZtv

Great show of flags on the aft section

and the best part for me was if you had sound on they played Andrea Bocelli's "Time to Say Goodbye" Very nice send off PTZtv

Great show of flags on the aft section

I was hoping to watch her sail further out and watch her turn north, but I guess the camera can't turn that far where its at on the building. Most of the time you can watch the ships leave and turn South. I'll look forward to her coming back.